It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Vice President defects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Al Arabiya is saying so. If its true, its one more proof(a strong one), that things are out of control over there and something is about to happen VERY soon. Check it out

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
well now, didnt see that coming.......

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It was his cousin, i don't know how to link but reuters just confirmed it was the vp's cousin.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
VP isn't a big a deal as the Prime Minister (Whom left the country last week).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrippler
Al Arabiya is saying so. If its true, its one more proof(a strong one), that things are out of control over there and something is about to happen VERY soon. Check it out

Out of control? I wouldn't say that... the more his government and army defects, the better.. this just shows that the people's revolution is succeeding...

Revolutions aren't peaceful... the person who is the target of the revolt never likes to give up their power.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

Probably cost someone a few million and a generous lifetime stipend.

The Russians are going to prop up the Syrians even if they have to take to the ground themselves.

(notice a UN helicopter has just gone down in Afghanistan after a Syrian jet went down)

edit on 16-8-2012 by sonofonehunlo because: not complete.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Out of control? I wouldn't say that... the more his government and army defects, the better.. this just shows that the people's revolution is succeeding...

Revolutions aren't peaceful... the person who is the target of the revolt never likes to give up their power.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you must be terribly lost if you still think this is a "people's revolution" at this point in the game. It's nothing more than a foreign funded coup attempt.

Have you forgotten about Libya already?

History will always repeat itself as long as we forget it.

Egypt was a revolution, Syria is a whole different ball game my friend.

In my opinion these defections are due to the fact that the members of Assad's regime are scared for their lives due to the terrorist invasion that is being funded and armed by regional and Western powers. I figured it was pretty obvious but for those who are set in their beliefs, they will have a difficult time accepting this known fact.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Headlines yesterday were that actual fighters from Libya (In a way meant to be noticed, obviously) were going to Syria to help. So, what started as at least a little sarcastic about Syria going the way of Libya to those animals that call themselves Freedom Fighters..or whatever they are fighting this week....It seems to be turning quite real.

Well... I hope the Syrian people learn as fast as the Libyans. If they don't agree with the new bosses...fake it really well.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OP might wanna change the title.

It's the cousin of the VP, not the VP. But still..with the way the HumanSlayer Assad's regime is structured whereby the families are targetted for the failure of an individual to him, the VP is deep sh*t now.

(Reuters) - A cousin of Syrian Vice President Farouk al-Shara has defected, Al-Arabiya television reported on Thursday, broadcasting a statement in which he called on members of the Syrian army to join the "revolution".

Reuters:- Cousin of Syrian VP defects.

In anycase, .....may HumanSlayer Assad be aware...'tic, toc, tic,toc'......the clock ....is ticking.....

edit on 16-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I missed that headline from yesterday, but I've heard similar headlines from over 6 months ago so I'm not too surprised. It seems they are more open in admitting the foreign funded terrorists "fighting for the Syrian's freedoms".

My belief is that if and or when Assad falls, it will be another Libya but much worse. This whole situation has the potential to spiral into a very wide regional conflict and perhaps more. I am very confident that the people of Syria will be worse off no matter what the outcome of this situation is.

I don't claim to know exactly what is happening over there, but I have a pretty good idea

edit on 16-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This, from 2 days ago....

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Veteran fighters of last year's civil war in Libya have come to the front-line in Syria, helping to train and organize rebels under conditions far more dire than those in the battle against Muammar Gaddafi, a Libyan-Irish fighter has told Reuters.
Exclusive: Libyan fighters join Syrian revolt

Libyan-Irish? I'm not even asking..... It sounds like a mercenary Disneyland and not for the first time, I weep for the Syrian people. I don't blame the people around Assad for getting clear until this is over either way. It's not like Syria has a lot of Government business to be tending to these days anyway. They see how Gaddafi died though, and hey...I think I'd wait things out too, if my presence was of no positive value anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I thought the people of syria were really terrorists? what am i supposed to believe now

/end_sarcasm

edit on 16-8-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Libyan-Irish? Sounds like one of those Irish soldiers who left the Forces and became a Merc.

To think my own countrymen would fight for some Neo-Colonial Empire makes me sick. I would much rather we retreated into seclusion like Cuba but pumped our Armed Forces with thousands of medium range supersonic missiles to make sure anyone to attack us is met with death and destruction.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

they already took down the article as they didn't want people to find out about this.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They're gonna take syria, then they're gonna take Iran, then they're gonna take a bunch of the smaller middle eastern countries.

new topics

top topics

join