It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Points That Prove That Barack Obama And Mitt Romney Are Essentially The Same Candidate

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Like so many other members, and lurkers, it's hard not to get the sense that there really isn't all that much difference between the two candidates Obama and Romney.

Well, I stumbled upon this list of 40 points demonstrating exactly how much the two candidates agree on issues. Not only that but agree on issues that most of us would probably NOT support.

What a depressing choice the American people are being presented with this year. We are at a point in our history where we desperately need a change of direction in the White House, and we are guaranteed that we are not going to get it.

SNIP

The mainstream media makes it sound like Obama and Romney are bitter ideological rivals but that is a giant lie. Yeah, they are slinging lots of mud at each other, but they both play for the same team and the losers are going to be the American people.

Pretty much have to agree with those sentiments.

Definitely agree with this statement:

Republicans are being told that they have “no choice” but to vote for Romney because otherwise they will get another four years of Obama.

This “lesser of two evils” theme comes out every four years. We are told that we “must” vote for a horrible candidate because the other guy is even worse.

Well, millions of Americans are getting sick of this routine. Perhaps that is why it is being projected that as many as 90 millionAmericans of voting age will not vote this year.

Hey, it's not just Republicans. Democrats too "must" vote for their candidate. Or that's what so many tend to believe.

So please take a look at the list and feel free to comment, disagree, clarify, whatever.

40 Points That Prove That Barack Obama And Mitt Romney Are Essentially The Same Candidate

Peace.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Hessling because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have always said that the only difference I see between the two of them is the color of their skin and no particular color alone is going to fix this massive mess we are in.

I am tired of being told to vote for the "lesser of two evils". I am tired of being told that I HAVE to vote for one of the two that have been chosen for us to pick from.

But folks will continue to vote strictly along party lines none the less. Keep doing what you've always done and you'll keep getting what you've always gotten. It's not really that hard to grasp IMO.
edit on 8/16/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

You know out of these 40 points of these two candidates being the same, I can say the exact OPPOSITE about someone still running here!!

Ron Paul!! Don't forget about the little man in the backround NEVER spoken about from anyone in the MSM!!

Throw these two worthless candidates out the window and vote for someone who will actually make a difference to us Americans, and the rest of the world for that matter!!

Let's see here.....Obama and Romney, yep there will still be troops overseas.......Ron Paul.....Nope he is pulling them out if elected.......This is not only good for our troops and their families, but the innocent people dying daily in our pointless wars!!

Deficit......Romney and Obama......Yep, it will keep skyrocketing until the dollar is absolutely worthless and our economy truly does fall for sure......Ron Paul, has plans to cut worthless departments (mostly the worthless 3 letter departments just eating our money) and bring our economy back to what it should be......#1 in the world!!

Federal reserve (worst decision by a president ever!! Thanks Woodrow Wilson!!) with Obama and Romney, yup once again......Will continue to feed the Rothchild and Rockafeller families with more wealth than anyone on this planet!! Ron Paul.....Not so much, back to the gold standard (which should have never been abolished in the first place!!).....

Need I say more about how awesome this country would be if we all get together and vote for the RIGHT candidate for the job??

Stop listening to the MSM and make the right choice, as an American it is your duty to elect the correct candidate for this job, and there is only 1 candidate that fits the bill.....

RON PAUL!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm not sure a candidate who had a legitimate shot at being elected president who openly went against 6-10 would live long enough to see themselves elected anymore. They would either be removed from the gene pool or have immensely damaging smear tactics used against them. Such is the power the FED holds.

Aside from that, instead of a "lesser of two evils" defeatist attitude, this election I find it far healthier (personally) to view this as "The last 4 years haven't worked and are not sustainable... time to try the next goober in line." Not that difficult a leap considering I was among the almost 50% of Americans who believed this asministration was a bad idea from the get go. Romney may or may not crap the bed, whereas we already know Obama will leave soiled sheets behind.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

I was among the almost 50% of Americans who believed this asministration was a bad idea from the get go. Romney may or may not crap the bed, whereas we already know Obama will leave soiled sheets behind.

And tell me why you were against Obama last election but think Romney deserves a chance this election, We know much more about Romney's record than we did about Obama's at the same points in the election cycle and I wouldn't necessarily call that a good thing at all.

Aside from that, instead of a "lesser of two evils" defeatist attitude, this election I find it far healthier (personally) to view this as "The last 4 years haven't worked and are not sustainable... time to try the next goober in line."

Exactly what happened in 2008 in 2004 in 2000 in 1996 an so on and so forth. Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
edit on 8/16/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

So very true.

I have friends on both sides of the aisle and each claims, "you MUST vote for (insert name here) because (insert name here) is FAR worse and will RUIN this country!".

Whatever!

Man, I wish they would take a look at the list.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Exactly what happened in 2008 in 2004 in 2000 in 1996 an so on and so forth.

Uh, don't get ahead of yourself here. I voted for GWB in 2000 and again in 2004 and have no regrets about that. I got what I was voting for and have few personal complaints.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
To heck with with Obama and Romney. I'm sick of us being a flip flop nation and I'm definitely tired of it being the Obama nation (obamination)!

Ron Paul all the way even though the polls are rigged and there is no way our corrupt government will allow Paul to be victorious.

We definitely need saving that's for sure!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They're both politicians, what do you expect. They are taught to think the same way and are shown how our system operates. You can't expect to get a fox to see things the same way as the chickens do.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."

Cheers my friends!
edit on 8/16/12 by soulshn because: =)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

That entire article shows bias.
They go on and on about TWO candidates. Obama and Romney.
One which isn't even nominated yet, but gets the most attention.

What a depressing choice Americans have today...

Fortunately for all Americans EVERYWHERE we have another choice!
Too bad the media doesn't play it out that way though, they only want you to see their choices.

In my eyes, we have had the best choice in decades. Dr. Ron Paul.
Hands down the best candidate as far as honesty, consistancy and integrity.

I honestly believe that Americans don't want to see drastic change.
They are happily living their servitude to the MIC and proud of it.

I don't allow anyone, certainly not the media, to make choices for me...
So why let the MSM determine who you pick?

edit on 16-8-2012 by havok because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

link   

Originally posted by havok

What a depressing choice Americans have today...

Unfortunately for all Americans EVERYWHERE we have another choice...

i was as big a Ron Paul supporter as you could find back in ought eight (just ask my poor family how many youtube videos and dvd's they were subjected to, ha!) but lets be real here:

The only choice We have left is to withdraw our consent. Governments exist and function only with the consent of the governed. This has not been a government 'of, by, and for the people' for many many years. It does not represent my interests, desires, or morals and i hereby withdraw my consent.

link   

Originally posted by soulshn

... "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."

Or, as I say, "Same b.s., different shovel."

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Uh, don't get ahead of yourself here. I voted for GWB in 2000 and again in 2004 and have no regrets about that. I got what I was voting for and have few personal complaints.

Well then what we have here is a matter of bias and the fact that Romney and GWB have an R behind there name, now i know the reasoning behind your statement.
edit on 8/16/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have to disagree as my thinking has evolved on this election. There are very BIG differences between these two. I just think they function at two levels as a President. Their first job and priority is to the power structure above them...whatever everyone wants to call it.

Once they've paid their tribute and gotten to the end of their "NWO To-Do-" list for the week, I think they have a great deal of freedom and latitude to do things that very much help or hurt us. They both take us to the same place in the end, and I won't argue that a bit.

However, whether the trip getting there has exit ramps left and whether it's a smooth interstate or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is largely what separates the two.

Mr. Toad wants 4 more years of this Wild Ride or until it crashes...whichever comes first.

Mr. Con-Man wants 4 years to make himself richer and make a legacy.

.....Hmmm.. I look at those contrasts and figure which one I'm more likely to get benefit from...even if purely as a side effect. Well, I never did see anyone laughing on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride up to this point. I've sure heard a lot of pain and anguish in the nation. I'll try the interstate., I think....and work to hit an exit ramp.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok...So Obama and Mitt are NO GO...
Ron.P is another one..BUT he gets
NO air or cover from MSM..

What do YOU the voters do about that..

Now im Swedish so i dont get to vote, (to bad).
But if this had been the swedish election id
do some serious questioning of the the MSM.
Letters, Phonecalls, mails you name it..
Id be locked up for harassment...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I have to disagree as my thinking has evolved on this election. There are very BIG differences between these two.

And what are those two big differences?

Both Obama and Romney supported the Patriot Act, both of them support the NDAA. Both Obama and Romney supported the bank bail outs of 2008. Both of them supported the strikes in Libya.

What's the fundamental difference?

Sure, Romney claims that he is for "small government" and "individual liberty", so has 99% of every other politician over the last couple of decades, and we know most of them as full of it given their track records.

So aside from your personal predictions of what Romney's administration will be like, what actually sets him apart that's significant and positive?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Let me guess, RON PAUL? LOL

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join