It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Veteran Service Members Of ATS.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Here's a few snippets of the DHS report.
Can you smell the hypocrisy?
(bolding mine):
www.fas.org...

Rightwing extremist chatter on the Internet continues to focus on the economy, the perceived loss of U.S. jobs in the manufacturing and construction sectors, and home foreclosures. Anti-Semitic extremists attribute these losses to a deliberate conspiracy conducted by a cabal of Jewish “financial elites.” These “accusatory” tactics are employed to draw new recruits

Ah, the "perceived" loss of jobs. Just our imaginations that jobs are fleeing the country at an alarming rate. We can't forget the "financial elites" now, nobody got Trillions of $ in bailouts, did they? Must be our imaginations.

Prominent among these themes were the militia movement’s opposition to gun control efforts, criticism of free trade agreements (particularly those with Mexico), and highlighting perceived government infringement on civil liberties

That pesky "perceived" loss of civil liberties. There is no NDAA, indefinite detention, illegal government spying, etc. Those paranoid conspiracy theorists!

Rightwing extremists were concerned during the 1990s with the perception that illegal immigrants were taking away American jobs. They also opposed free trade agreements, arguing that these arrangements resulted in Americans losing jobs to countries such as Mexico.

Looks like the Rightwing extremists were prophets to me.

And finally:

The dissolution of Communist countries in Eastern Europe and the end of the Soviet Union in the 1990s led some rightwing extremists to believe that a “New World Order” would bring about a world government that would usurp the sovereignty of the United States and its Constitution,

Bush41, Bush 43, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Brown et al never said anything about a "New World Order" did they?
The US was already the world's greatest superpower so what would a "New" World Order be about if not creating a new world superpower to replace the US?

Veterans, rightwing extremists, conspiracy theorists, all have paranoid delusions of losing our freedoms, economic opportunity and sovereignty. Don't worry folks! There is no cabal of bankers running the show behind the curtain! Your tax dollars aren't going to bail out the zombie banks and their ship of derivatives that's run aground. You're letting your imaginations run away with you! Go back to dreaming of finding a job and forgetting about any pending gun control legislation. Waco never happened! There are no drones flying over US skies and the government would never read your emails or listen in on your phone calls. Hey look! America Idol is coming on!

Reading the DHS report all I can say is those rightwing extremists seem to be able to see the future quite clearly. It makes the DHS look like a pack of paranoid delusional control freaks. Put that in your full body scanner and smoke it Mr. Chertoff.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Reading the DHS report all I can say is those rightwing extremists seem to be able to see the future quite clearly. It makes the DHS look like a pack of paranoid delusional control freaks. Put that in your full body scanner and smoke it Mr. Chertoff.

You make some excellent points. Too bad a rightwing extremist didn't get the republican nomination because that guy would sure as hell have my vote.

The report seeks to accomplish two things; it dismisses all of the obvious tyranny while simultaneously demonizing the groups who seek to expose that very tyranny. It is a complete propaganda piece if I ever saw one. 

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Thank you for your clarification on this matter and taking the time to explain your service record. My father was Air Force and did atmosphere detection for NORAD. My brother is in the Air Force, and my step brother is in the Army, he is the one who was wounded by an IED in Kandahar. I have an uncle who has served, and my grandfather was wounded in WW2 so I have an idea of what you speak of, just not a complete understanding.

I apologize for the delay in editing my post as I said i would and I accidentally edited the wrong post. My response to your initial post was not very kind and had no place in this thread.

As I said in my previous post please accept my apologies.

Peace.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Be glad you live in a country where you can spew your crap.
People like YOU spit on the Flag, the Constitution, and those that Defend it, yet you're the same jerkoffs that will run to us crying defend us! If we are EVER invaded.
You and people like you make me sick. Go back under the rock or sewer where you came from.
edit on 8/16/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)
Ummmm............Actually.......if you took the time to think about what Corruption Exposed stated, then you might just see the truth about what he posted. Servicmen were sent to do the bidding of the corporocrats and the bank. We all bought the story of 911 and the scary muslim "terrorists", when in fact our "shock and awe" terrorized a whole population. We cheered, and highfived, while the truly innocent were decimated.
I hung a new flag after nine eleven, and since then I watched it slowly rot and fall away, now all that remains is the pole. We former service and service persons are indeed waking up. If I hang my new flag it will be upside down. This country of fine men and women was duped, we bought the official narrative, but people who had a deeper insight, like" Corruption Exposed", have helped to brush away that fog of servitude. Rather than vilify, you should thank those who have tireslessly worked to open our once pride shut eyes. The reason that I no longer honor the flag is because of what it represents............now.........if we truly do re-form our country and go back to our roots constitutionally, then I will fly "that" flag. Even though it may look the same, it's meaning on that day will be closer to the truth.
If servicemen and former servicemen are to come together, then we need to face and bear the burden of what we have done..........in the name of service to the bank...........because we never served "the people", only the master.

YouSir

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Well I guess forget everything I said. Doesn't look like ATS will be of any help with this one. So I guess we will just have to stay divided.
You can try using FB or other social media networks including twitter

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The DHS is getting it's 'hate groups' criteria from our good friends at the Southern Poverty Law Center!!!

Southern Poverty Law Center

A few weeks ago, I wrote the following thread pertaining to the SPLC and groups/individual characteristics they have listed as 'hate'...

"Are You A Patriot" Thread

With the amount of disinformation going out on the Internet about veterans and those who are wary of our government, is it any suprise that the average "X-Factor" American sees us as mindless killing machines?

Stereotyped... everything old is new again... oh well.

At least I have coffee!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Right off I will admit to only making it to page 6 so far, but will continue reading.

I am the parent of a Veteran and my first words for all of you are, thank you.

One thought generated while reading this thread is that writing elected officials, the DHS who issued this very public "analysis" and other authorities is a good idea, I think there is another group that should be at the top of the list - Newspaper Editors.

Nearly every small, medium and large town's newspaper has an opinion page that runs weekly if not daily. They publish any and all well written, non-cursing, Letters to the Editor that come from local residents. There are a lot of Veteran residents all over the United States. There are, at least in my opinion, a lot of individual Veterans, VFW's and other groups who could and should take heavy exception to the misguided musings of DHS in this instance, to put it mildly.

There is a much louder echo if those same letters are e-mailed or sent by post as a Letter to the Editor to publish in as many local newspapers as there are veterans who are concerned by this outrageous stereotype by DHS. Letters could also counter by illuminating and itemizing the many good things our Veterans accomplish every day in civilian clothes on home soil.

Just an idea I wanted to share.

Thank you...all of you.

Back to reading as soon as I can...

edit on 17-8-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm sure most of you have either read Seabags thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I, as a veteran like many of you, am very angry about this. The increasing presure to see us as terrorists is sickening. We are being vilified by the government of the people we once swore to serve. I for one feel like I have been kicked in the nuts by my own country. It is very easy to see where this is going. I can already see changes in how people in public act around me if they find out I am a veteran. I have applied for many jobs that I am perfectly qualified for but have yet to find employment. I can only wonder now if my veteran status is the reason?

I am calling on you all today to help me start a solution. What can we do to keep the american public from being brainwashed into this type of thinking.? I know I will be writing many letters to my represenatives about this and I challenge each and every one of you to do the same. I will also be writing to my local papers as well in an effort to spread truth, not propagandized fiction aimed at dismantling our status within our society. What can we as ATS members do to publicly appose this? If you are a writer, please write and post anywhere you can.

People need to know that we are not all crazy killers just looking for a reason to snap. The MSM would have people believe that but it just is not true. People need to be educated in the fact that most veterans are functioning members of society that pose only a threat to the rouge government which is now villifying them.

Also, during these trying times, we veterans need to be there for each other now more than ever. If any of you ever need anything just reach out and I will be there as I hope all other veterans on this site will be. These are trying times for us and no matter how bad things get we must maintain the self control and discipline that was instilled with us in the military. We stand no chance in a rebellion or uprising without the full and unconditional support of our fellow countrymen. I know some of you are very angry, I am as well; I ask that nobody does anything stupid in retaliation to how we are being treated.

We must follow any avenue we can that could peacefully put the kaibash on the governments plan to label us all domestic terrorists in the eys of the public. I am open to any and all suggestions/ideas. Now is the time for us to come together more than ever. We need to act now before it is too late and we are being hunted down and locked away for simply being a threat.

ETA: If anyone is wondering why I placed this in the War on Terrorism forum; I placed it here because the War on Terrorism stands to quickly become a War on Veterans.
edit on 16/8/12 by usmc0311 because: added material.

edit on 16/8/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

I think you are being a bit of an alarmist.

I am a U.S. Navy veteran.

Your doom and gloom will turn into hope and restoration when President Mitt Romney

gets elected November 6, 2012.

Our future is very bright.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm in the Army now and people think all I do is train to kill Americans or 'brown people'. Or that every training flight over a civilian population is prepping for martial law and blah, blah, blah.

On ATS I'm evil for wearing my country's uniform and being proud of it.

I get it.

But frankly, I could give a crap less, but I don't want to put in the effort. My decisions require no approval from the peanut gallery on a site full of people that believe HAARP controls minds AND the weather.

'nuff said.

Government can call us all crazy too. And they do that because we take an oath they expect us to take seriously while they violate it. It is the way of things. In the end, we'll be vindicated in our service.
edit on 17-8-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

"Illegal" doesn't have anything to do with right or wrong. It simply means that is against the law. We would like to think that the law is always on the side of "right", but that is simply not always the case.

Let's consider a couple of hypothetical (but very possible) examples:

Let's say that a CCW holding moviegoer in Aurora had carried their firearm into the theater and drew and killed the attacker before he could start his slaughter. That person would have broken the law by carrying in a theater in Colorado, but I think you would hard pressed to argue that his actions were "wrong".

One more, just for fun:

Let's say that you are driving down the freeway and you see a very violent accident, that will obviously result in serious injuries, happen on the side of on-coming traffic. Let's say that you have first aid or other medical training. You make a U turn in the median and head back the other way to render aid. You have broken the law and committed an illegal act, but again, I don't think that anyone would argue that it was not the "right" thing to do.

Illegal is not always wrong and legal is, most certainly, not always right.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Doc Gator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Well I guess forget everything I said. Doesn't look like ATS will be of any help with this one.

Really?
Where did you first learn about the DHS citing military veterans as the greatest domestic terrorist threat?

Don't you have Private messages?

Carry on soldier. I salute you and all your brothers and sisters who have served our country so selflessly for over 2 centuries. You gave us our freedom and have kept it for us and for many others in the world. For that you have my sincere and humble thanks.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Disregaurd that statement. It was my fault for how I worded the OP. I understand what was wrong. Thanks for the support. We need all that we can get these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

No worries here. I understand where you are coming from. We all get heated sometimes. I try not to let things on the net bother me but that is a hard task these days. Anyway, thanks. No hard feelings here at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone who has participated in this thread. All comments have been helpful and I think we have put forth some good ideas on how to deal with this situation. I am currently writing letters to my reps as well as the local newspapers.

To the poster who said things will get better with Mitt Romney; I'll just have to disagree with you on that one. However I would be truly interested as to why you say such a thing. I hope the burning end of a crack pipe has not got the better of you, just kidding.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Good on you for the apology. Emotions can be a two edged sword.

It takes an honest person to do so. And as an honest person, you have every right to feel angry at the way things are going for humanity and to make your point of view known.

Please keep doing so, because if you or I and many others quit trying to be heard…it’s over. Regardless of people’s views, conversation and debate must continue.

USMC0311 is what I would call a quiet professional, he speaks his mind but doesn’t go over the top, not that I know of anyway.

I try to follow his example and am making inroads, but occasionally fail.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I wasn't the one who posted that things would be better with Romney, and I can't speak for them, but I'll take a stab at this.

I also believe that things will be better with Romney. Not perfect. Not even way better, but marginally better. Changing the party in power will never fix the underlying problems because they are the source of the problems.

It's kind of like saying living under a fascist dictator is better than living under a communist dictator. Neither is acceptable, but one may be slightly better than the other. Which is better is your call.

NOTE: I am not labeling either side as fascist or communist. I am simply pointing out the absurdity of thinking that one side or the other will fix our problems.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No harm no fowl man, besides you already apologized, and yours was not the only side to blame, I was equally responsible for my misconduct, and apologize again for my rediculous behavior.

Lord I am a tool somtimes, but if we can't laugh at ourselves for being human somtimes, than what is the point anyways!

With respect

IV

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Just one question, are you 1ST ARMY? I mean that BIG RED 1 in the background speaks volumes.

Second

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

You got it right, especially re. the conversation/personal justification. We told ourselves we were killing terrorists (armed combatants with intent who killed primarily innocents/civies) to save lives. Then as the wars calmed down, with a media campaign they (the UN/IMF) turned the terrorists into "freedom fighters" and their leader into a hero, it didn't matter how much innocent blood they (terrorists) spilled. It wasn't the country that did that initially however, it was the IMF and UN that poured out all that propaganda from around 1975 forward. Now the country is run by marxists and the UN, US, UK and all the other countries/agencies are friendly and play nice while the financial corruption mounts, resources are raped and the blood runs in the gutters. It's a sad stupid world, but even sadder when your eyes are open.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

It's 1st Infantry Division out of Ft Riley, KS.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You make some excellent points. Too bad a rightwing extremist didn't get the republican nomination because that guy would sure as hell have my vote.

The report seeks to accomplish two things; it dismisses all of the obvious tyranny while simultaneously demonizing the groups who seek to expose that very tyranny. It is a complete propaganda piece if I ever saw one. 

EXACTLY.... I am a VET, and to think some Tyranny inclined political powers hiding behind a badge or 'title' think they can BULLY their powers in a power grab against American Patriots is Disgusting and beyond belief. Something comes to mind..... that little bit about "Foreign and Domestic" if you know what I mean..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join