It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Veteran Service Members Of ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Be glad you live in a country where you can spew your crap.
People like YOU spit on the Flag, the Constitution, and those that Defend it, yet you're the same jerkoffs that will run to us crying defend us! If we are EVER invaded.
You and people like you make me sick. Go back under the rock or sewer where you came from.
edit on 8/16/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

On topic I will deal with your above quote near the bottom of this post.

Sure your government treats it's vets like crap, mine does too. And I think it's absolutely wrong, if you are going to send your citizens in to war zones as cannon fodder you should treat them well when they get back.The thing is they never gave a crap about you before and sure as hell don't when you get back. Don't shed your crocodile tears for me because like the other poster said Muhamed Ali chose not to go and so did many others in recent times, I have even met Americans in my country who came here to escape going to war.

This military superiority cult needs to stop.

Now in response to your outburst/rant...

You don't even know which country I live in, and your mention of the flag and constitution shows your brainwashed patriotism due to years of indoctrination.

And by the way, if that's you in your profile pic it looks like you will be the one running to me for help if we get invaded so the tough guy routine doesn't work on me. If you think your military service impresses me or over qualifies you compared to me it shows you have military syndrome (assuming you ever even were in the military since ATS is full of fake wannabee veterans living off other veteran's glory)

Now please respond to anything in my last two posts other than just jump in here and complain and act like you are superior to me.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Yes I have seen in depth documentaries about what you mentioned and it is scary and ironic at the same time to say the least. Even if you were a law abiding citizen with no stress before you leave, you might come back with some issues do to what you go through. Now imagine people who were already a gang member with killing experience then get some military training and action in a war zone, you come back pretty pumped.

The thing is I think it's wrong to put vets on terrorist lists because it shows the government's true intentions.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You aint got a clue wtf your talking about, but you keep thinking that, its your rite to be an idiot.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Instead of empty accusations as for what I know not what I talk about how about you address some specific content in any of my three posts above this one and tell me what I'm wrong about...don't be like the last dude, show some courtesy and debate my post instead of calling meme names.

I'm not expecting a mature reply from you, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Whoa. That post was pretty brutal CE. As much truth as it may contain, and as much as I feel the same way of holding military people themselves responsible these days, I am willing to give them more time to come to these realizations. And I think if you will read some of the other responses in here, that is exactly what's happening. It's the logical progression- it's just too bad for those in their graves rotting with maggots that it's after the fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm a 2 time U.S. Army OIF vet. Spent about 19 months in East Baghdad, and 5 months in Kirkuk. Combat wounded in 2005. 448 Civil Affairs, out of Fort Lewis. My name is Tobias Hockenbury. I have no reason to lie.

When I got back from my 2nd deployment, I was really having a rough time with PTSD, so I decided to go to the VA. I was recommended Prozac, Ambian and some other sort of new form of blood pressure medication (the name slips me). So I followed the VA's recommendation and tried the meds for 6 months. That 6 months was the most violent and angry 6 months of my life. I constantly had fantasies of shooting up malls, and other public places. I decided to quit cold turkey, and that was even worse. I because extremely suicidal and paranoid.

Since being off the meds, I feel I have came out less violent and paranoid, though those feelings and emotions do haunt me regularly. But I feel I'm intelligent enough to understand what is happening, and to separate my thoughts from my actions.

I am not extremely paranoid of the VA. I havent been back since I got recommended those meds, and feel like they are more of a hindrance to my well being than a help. This is just my experience. I'm sure others have had success. But in my opinion, the psychotropic medications being recommended are very dangerous. Looking back when I was on them, I felt like a drone without a soul. I felt detached from reality and was extremely careless. It frightens me that there are thousands of military personal out there on the meds, with the same emotional state I was in.

In no way do I recommend labeling returning vets as possible threats, because I feel the threats is due to the meds and the way the VA treats returning vets. I have no answers, I'm just speaking my mind.

edit on 16-8-2012 by tobiascore because: Left out some minor details

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I know it was harsh but there is a cult on ATS and some times it gets the worse of me. It's the same people defending war and murder day after day on other threads for false reasons and all of a sudden they want us to feel sorry for them.

Tomorrow some of them will be chanting on why we should bomb Iran.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by usmc0311

No one put a gun to your head and made you go overseas to kill innocent people on reasons based on lies. All this thread proves is that you still don't understand you were an illegal invader serving the corporate elite.

If you don't like the criticism, tough toe nails! You should have never signed up. My brother was wounded over seas and I tell him the same thing. Stop playing the victim, you deserve every bit of criticism you receive as you are part of the problem just like all the others like yourself.

You don't deserve any respect and you better get used to this sentiment as the world is waking up to the illusion that military servicemen being pawns in a game of murder for money.

Sorry of this sounds harsh but it's the complete truth. Maybe you should go back to wherever you served and apologize to all the families of who you murdered their loved ones.

Stop looking for sympathy because you won't find any from me.

WAKE THE # UP YOU WERE THE TERRORIST!
by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

I have the same feelings regarding many current soldiers and Vets. Alot of them are cold blooded killers.

I do however, retain sympathy for those in the wrong place at the wrong time, i.e those who joined and served for all the right reasons.

This matter is certainly not black and white.

But Vets don't deserve discrimination, especially for being deemed as dissidents, as many are...Simply because most know how it feels to be abandoned by the US government, and actively raise awareness/protest the issue.

Judge each man on his individual merit.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tobiascore

Yea, Those loopy pills do exactly the opposite of what they claim!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

No one put a gun to your head and made you go overseas to kill innocent people on reasons based on lies. All this thread proves is that you still don't understand you were an illegal invader serving the corporate elite.

If you don't like the criticism, tough toe nails! You should have never signed up. My brother was wounded over seas and I tell him the same thing. Stop playing the victim, you deserve every bit of criticism you receive as you are part of the problem just like all the others like yourself.

You don't deserve any respect and you better get used to this sentiment as the world is waking up to the illusion that military servicemen being pawns in a game of murder for money.

Sorry of this sounds harsh but it's the complete truth. Maybe you should go back to wherever you served and apologize to all the families of who you murdered their loved ones.

by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

I have the same feelings regarding many current soldiers and Vets. Alot of them are cold blooded killers.

I do however, retain sympathy for those in the wrong place at the wrong time, i.e those who joined and served for all the right reasons.

This matter is certainly not black and white.

But Vets don't deserve discrimination, especially for being deemed as dissidents, as many are...Simply because most know how it feels to be abandoned by the US government, and actively raise awareness/protest the issue.

Judge each man on his individual merit.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

I am a peace activist, but I still have every respect for veterans!

Something that always stuck with me was this:

Matthew 8:5-13

"8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum,
there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

8:6 And saying,
Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

8:8 The centurion answered and said,
Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof:
but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me:
and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth;
and to another, Come, and he cometh;
and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed,
Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west,
and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out
into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion,
Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee.
And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour."

That somehow rubbed off on me and I see the sense of it.

So, Soldiers, Jesus has respect for you for sure! That would be the same as a Muslim Holy Man healing a U.S soldier during the occupation of Iraq.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Revolution9 because: clarification

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
Blame bush and yourself.

Are u legally mentally handicapped, because you have to be to not see that invading Iraq was wrong and you killed and murdered not in self defense but to steal another nations (people) wealth, resources and security.

And u feel bad because someone doesn't say hello to you?

Go to fallujah and talk to the parents who have kids with 3 eyeballs.

Or the hundreds of thousands of people and parents who have only memories to remember their loved ones and sorrow is the only one comforting them.

I think all them would trade not getting a job to see them alive again.

You could have quit any time, Muhammad Ali even went to jail, rather than kill for senators and businessmen.

You have no excuse, Only redemption should be on you to do lost.

As many as us do to.
edit on 16-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Thank you for sharing your opinion. As far as going to Fallujah; I have seen more of that city than you could imagine so I know I am in a better position to comment on that one. I am not going to have the same old argument with you. You know how we feel and we know how you feel so thank you for the input.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well I hear you, but is the OP really one of those? I dunno. If there is any thread recently where some pretty strong opinions were voiced on the Iran issue, and still are, the link in my sig should be pretty familiar to you. He didn't even post in that thread. I checked. Because actually I would have been curious of his opinion on that. I sure do understand your sentiments though. I am just wondering if perhaps you might re-examine your post and maybe take a closer look at who you were responding to...just to be sure... But that's just a suggestion. And if you do find it might have been a bit over the top directed at him, then you know what to do at that point.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Thanks for your input. This thread was not meant as a sympathy gathering tool for anyone. I simply feel that this is wrong and it is an important issue to me. I actually agree with alot of what you said. I was a young dumb kid who was brainwashed into fighting an unjust war. I can admit that because now I know better. There are no victims here, at least not yet. That is what we are trying to prevent. And just for your information I have never murdered anyone. I have taken lives in self defense or the defense of innocent civilians but I am not an unjust killer. Only those who have fought in these wars will understand that aspect though. So once again thank you for your input.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Well I hear you, but is the OP really one of those? I dunno. If there is any thread recently where some pretty strong opinions were voiced on the Iran issue, and still are, the link in my sig should be pretty familiar to you. He didn't even post in that thread. I checked. Because actually I would have been curious of his opinion on that. I sure do understand your sentiments though. I am just wondering if perhaps you might re-examine your post and maybe take a closer look at who you were responding to...just to be sure... But that's just a suggestion. And if you do find it might have been a bit over the top directed at him, then you know what to do at that point.

I am not one of those. In fact if Corruption Exposed can find any post of mine calling for war then I will give him/her 100$ because they won't find what they are looking for. I actually try to stay away from the war threads due to the anger that they usually lead me to. I will check out the one in your sig though when I get a chance. No matter what we do and say on here there will still be people who dislike us or look down upon us and that is their right to do so. If they choose not to find out particular info and just blindly label people that is their perogative. We don't need sympathy from anyone. Sympothy does nothing to better the situation. Being vocal about it though may have some benifits for us.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This Corruption Exposed guy is an obvious troll.

Don't feed the troll.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If you have never taken personal responsiblity for protecting your rights or the rights of others, than yes I would say you are benieth me, and every other Veteran in the world. As serving others instead of yourself is one f the highest callings in life. Making those who serve themselves only and than complain about others serving all makes you kinda douche in my book.

See it is easy to be the douche demanding their rights, as long as someone else risks their life to ensure you keep them.

Despite your mindless bablings, freedom does not come for free, it comes at the highest price of all, and is readily paid by those that are good hearted enough to make that sacrifice. As the saying goes. "If you can read this, thank a teacher! If you can read this in english, thank a Veteran.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am one of those ''Commie, Pinko Liberals" as I have been called ,, but I want to extend a hand of gratitude to those men and women out there who did fight for my right to be as I am. It is getting weird to say the least here in USA, and we all need to remember that

I MIGHT NOT BELIEVE AS YOU,,
But I will Fight to the Death to make sure you can believe and act freely while America is still America,, and not the Amerika that it seems to be becoming so fast.

I told everyone that would listen today about this crazy notion by our ''rogue'' government.

We are being Pitted against each other in so many ways,, which makes it easy for the Control to be put into place,,,
to ''Protect" us against Ourselves.

We need a revolution but I as most don't want America torn apart,, I want it more united, yet it seems that TPTB are making sure we don't trust each other anymore.

So,, next time you encounter someone who doesn't believe as you do..
Smile and remember that is What Makes America GREAT.

and make sure if you possibly can to ensure that they have the RIGHT TO BELIEVE AND LIVE AS THEY CHOOSE

strange days

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

None of Veterans want or need your simpathy, keep it we don't need it. Last I checked we were talking amongst ourselves about "our" problems and how to deal with them before you started running your mouth off.

In closing your a just trolling trying to spew political rhetoric in a conversation that neither requires you input or values it in any manner.

Go back to trolling another forum or I will report you for trolling and trying to derail this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
change the public view....that's a tough one
when returning from vietnam, the reason for the persons spitting did not follow any true logic
at that time, I realized the world model was changing and evil was taking over.....like each new generation is possibly less respectful than the first.
there's a ground breaking book on the subject....let me see, here....ummmmm ....yes here it is ....basic instructions before leaving earth....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tobiascore

I hear ya. The worst time that I have had was while on SSRIs. I gave up taking most meds. They always made me feel just as you described. Most of all I could always feel my self control slipping while on them. Very scary thing to have meds that are supposed to be helping you make you feel even worse then before. Stay strong and I hope things get better for ya.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join