It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Veteran Service Members Of ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm a vet. And I am so sick of all this crap of "building hearts and minds" in these mooselimb countries. Its so

much bull crap. Every week more of our services people get killed and maimed for jack do do. I just wish all the

current service folks would just "get it" ! Its a total waste of time dealing with these mooselimb folks. It ain't gonna

happen!! Just more crap. poo!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I'am one of the the people who will THANK YOU for your service to our country.

The only terrorist plotting and walking around out there are from our own government not our proud servicemen and woman.

You should be shown the respect you have earned.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So the federal Gov't is trying to make me look like a terrorist, a lone wolf, a rogue? Sweet, now I finally have the excuse I've been looking for to wear my bandana while shirtless.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
I've learned to hide my veteran status for almost everything, I've seen the scorn people have for me when they find out I've served during these wars and I don't care to see those looks anymore.

Dont hide it.

Be proud of it, cause I will be the first, to open my doors, to someone like you. So will alot of other people.

Screw those, who have a problem with Veterans.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Blame bush and yourself.

Are u legally mentally handicapped, because you have to be to not see that invading Iraq was wrong and you killed and murdered not in self defense but to steal another nations (people) wealth, resources and security.

And u feel bad because someone doesn't say hello to you?

Go to fallujah and talk to the parents who have kids with 3 eyeballs.

Or the hundreds of thousands of people and parents who have only memories to remember their loved ones and sorrow is the only one comforting them.

I think all them would trade not getting a job to see them alive again.

You could have quit any time, Muhammad Ali even went to jail, rather than kill for senators and businessmen.

You have no excuse, Only redemption should be on you to do lost.

As many as us do to.
edit on 16-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I figured the street gangs would be labeled as terrorist first as they embody the exact definition of what a terrorist is. I honestly could care less, i got my pay and its done and over with except for the tiny little reunions some of the guys have.

Remember its the people in suits who are saying this and they come to us to do their dirty work. Kindof biting the hand that feeds so to speak, but im sure they`re in no bad need of able bodies.

The military is full of economic conscripts not soldiers.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

This is indeed a very worrying trend,as a British veteran,I do not feel as demonised as my US counterparts,but I feel bloody angry that any government would seek to turn on the very people who have compromised themselves on behalf of that government many times.

I believe that the "problem" lies in the governments inability to "switch us off" at the end of our service, and to get round this, they are obviously adopting ever more insidious tactics in order to negate any potential threat from their veterans,

My thoughts are with you all.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Then again, it could also be my foul mouth and sense of dark humor.

So you were Navy too?? lol

I was Medical so not sure if I'm still a "Terrorist" but I've been dissuading kids from joining even BEFORE I did & still do though point out Govt corruption rather than put down the Military which I have to admit was wonderful for me!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

No one put a gun to your head and made you go overseas to kill innocent people on reasons based on lies. All this thread proves is that you still don't understand you were an illegal invader serving the corporate elite.

If you don't like the criticism, tough toe nails! You should have never signed up. My brother was wounded over seas and I tell him the same thing. Stop playing the victim, you deserve every bit of criticism you receive as you are part of the problem just like all the others like yourself.

You don't deserve any respect and you better get used to this sentiment as the world is waking up to the illusion that military servicemen being pawns in a game of murder for money.

Sorry of this sounds harsh but it's the complete truth. Maybe you should go back to wherever you served and apologize to all the families of who you murdered their loved ones.

Stop looking for sympathy because you won't find any from me.

WAKE THE # UP YOU WERE THE TERRORIST!
edit on 16-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I am so sad they are trying to label such brave men.

Respect to you guys. I don't believe any of that rubbish.

These politicians disgust me for their slimy back stabbing ways!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

I figured the street gangs would be labeled as terrorist first as they embody the exact definition of what a terrorist is. I honestly could care less, i got my pay and its done and over with except for the tiny little reunions some of the guys have.

A street gang member follows orders and kills someone and they go to jail, a serviceman goes overseas and whipes out whole villages and expects a hero's welcome by all the brainwashed knuckle heads.

In reality they are both in the same category except one gets immunity for their murderous acts.

At least gang member's make more money.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
we swore to protect the constitution from all enemies. in todays america, that does classify us as terrorists. so be it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Just a example. I don't believe in such a thing as PTSD, but I do believe that people suffer from PTS. I say this because I believe that it is a syndrome due to the individuals experiance, but it's not a disorder.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm a Vet. I have a Bronze Star.

If I could hijack your thread, just a little, I'll tell you a little story.

About month after I got out, about 4 months of being back in the States, I took my oldest daughter fishing. We stopped to get bait at a small local sporting goods store. I parked and we both got out of my car, when a guy started walking HARD at me. He said my name with a "****ing" as my middle name, with a smile on his face. I did not recognize him, but maybe I did??? He was wearing full camo, backpack, knee pads, black gloves.... full gear. He was going to be on me in less than 3 seconds, and I had my 8 year old daughter at my side. I smoothly slide my little girl behind me and took a stance.

This was it, again. Two men meet and one was going to be dragged away by his boots.

He greated my with a handshake and a "How are you?". He was an old friend, whose face I couldn't recall, who grew a beard, who was going paintballing and needed to pick up some CO2, and he had his dirtbike, hence the backpack. Harmless, just a friend. We said goodbye, and my daughter and I entered the store to procur some worms...

I sweated a gallon of sweat, my heart was pounding in my shoes. I'll never forget being more scared buying worms than firing rounds in combat. About a year later this guy came to my house for a birthday party, he asked had I ever experienced PTS and then I told him the story.

I don't think he'll ever look at me the same again.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We Americans here warned that treating Muslims in the USA and abroad as terrorists was just an excuse for more war, and now the same is being done to us now. Now all of a sudden a non-Muslim white man is treated half as bad as what has been subjected to Muslims and its all tears now and long drawn out emotional pleas. While we say no to government ruling our lives, we allow the US government to terrorize other countries. We reap what we sow.
edit on 063131p://8America/ChicagoThu, 16 Aug 2012 18:03:40 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Hear hear!!

Best statement I've read on the internet in a long time.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Be glad you live in a country where you can spew your crap.
People like YOU spit on the Flag, the Constitution, and those that Defend it, yet you're the same jerkoffs that will run to us crying defend us! If we are EVER invaded.
You and people like you make me sick. Go back under the rock or sewer where you came from.
edit on 8/16/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Do to low enlistment of recruits during the beginning stages of the Iraq war, the Bush administration dropped the bar which allowed inclusion to the military by felons, gang members, hate groups and the like. With a presorted history of violence and criminal activity, these elements made their way into the ranks of the U.S military.

What the heck were they thinking? Giving military training to criminal elements and then send'em back home. Sounds pretty stupid to me, but that's exactly what happened.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

WAKE THE # UP YOU WERE THE TERRORIST!

“It takes a good deal of character to judge a person by his future instead of his past”

edit on 16-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
So I guess if someone were to try to get people to attend, say an OCCUPY event, they shouldn't be able to here? I could of swore I saw that a few months ago...

I was just going to post something similar.

OP.....

S & F

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To all military personnel and veterans ... thank you for your service to our country. And, welcome home!

My Daddy was a veteran of WWII, stationed in the South Pacific. After I was born, I remember him going to Army camp. That's what I called it. Once I thought he was going to war, Korea. War ended. He remained in the service as a JAG in the Army Reserves. He taught me how to give a spit shine. He loved the Army. He was offered a teaching position at the United States Military Academy. I felt such pride when he wore his uniform and other soldiers would salute him. I love the military too.

All of you veterans, you heroes, y'all just remember how much you are loved and respected for the jobs you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join