It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Veteran Service Members Of ATS.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
ETA: If anyone is wondering why I placed this in the War on Terrorism forum; I placed it here because the War on Terrorism stands to quickly become a War on Veterans.

I was typing a long reply but then thought I'd keep it simple...

You were part of a global war machine run by the biggest organised crime business in our history and chose to be ordered without question to further global conquest and ultimate control on it's behalf. Some folks realise this organisation controls the terror by using highly trained, sophisticated, funded, mobile, and high-tech resources paid for by those back home. The hate towards war is focused on YOU.

Not everyone likes the war machine and it's phony excuse to exist, it is the biggest waste of the most possible.

If you can actively support ending war, beyond just ending your physical support for war, then maybe I won't think you'll use your training to destroy stuff because doing that was ONLY for "the man" and a job you now realise was a waste and for the wrong reasons.

If you can't, then I think you are far more likely to be seen as a potential terrorist or a crazy killer with violent behaviour than anyone who hasn't been in the services.

Just grow your hair, everyone will love you then.
Nearly worked for Rambo, but he was just too ugly not to be smacked.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I hate the scum suckers running our beautiful country. Or should I say ruining it. Any call to arms PM me. I'll send my you my email. Some one has to make a stand even if it totally fails. I'm pssed and ready to fight.

Put my name down as true Patriot to America

edit on 17-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's not time. Not yet. There are several other options that MUST be exhausted first.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator
reply to post by randyvs

It's not time. Not yet. There are several other options that MUST be exhausted first.

The right time is truly an excruciating thing to wait for. But you say that with such conviction I believe you.

Waiting.

SnF OP
edit on 17-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I am with you and stand by your side. What ever that means to you, know that I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I love my people as you do and will help in what ever I can. You are not alone as you can already tell.

For our people and our country no sacrifice is too big. While we live, free men defend who we are.

I am joining the ranks of our armed forces in a couple months, if they will have me. I will not forget what you have said here and will carry your message everywhere I go. Know that there are many still loyal to you and your country.

we are as one. never alone.

edit on 17-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Here's a video from a Veteran, through his own eye's and his own experiences. I think it hits the nail on the head, and I'd love to hear what other veterans think about it ?www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption ExposedNo one put a gun to your head and made you go overseas to kill innocent people on reasons based on lies. All this thread proves is that you still don't understand you were an illegal invader serving the corporate elite.

For one I find your lack of understanding typical of someone who has likely never risked his life for anything. I will be completely frank and honest with you and everyone here when I say I joined the military not for some false patriotism or sense of civic duty – I joined because I wanted to be a Soldier. I can’t imagine having had any other career. I am no man’s victim - Senator, politician or otherwise. I took my pay did as I was told (mostly) and now I enjoy a kick ass retirement too. Thanks.

No one wants your friggin sympathy bro – we have only contempt for you and people like you. You and people like you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to military service. You probably think final exams week is a challenge….

I do have to agree with you to a certain extent though…

All these weak whiners who go on you tube talking about how horrible a person they are should man-up Did they not they think that they’d never have to play in the game? Can’t very well be good at football if you only scrimmage with own team can one? Need to actually play other teams – try out the players and the plays and the equipment. War is a horrible thing – it is not for everyone don’t want to play in the game don’t join the team no one is making you.

Where I disagree is in your understanding of the profession of arms…

Do you honestly think that without these little wars we’d be able to ever protect ourselves should the need arise. Can’t very well just jump in the cockpit of an Apache and say “let me at em” when the US actually faces a threat to the homeland. War and the prosecution of it is an art that must be learned – not from books, or charts or around sand tables but in the field. The small professional core of an Army we have now is the nucleus or cadre of what we would need to defend the US itself.

Sad but true is you can’t get good at warfare without practicing it and these little bush wars are how we do it. People die, that is a sad fact people die pouring concrete and fishing for crabs too. I have lost friends personally, had them die in my arms and not a one of them was any man’s victim or pawn. All were triple volunteers, Army, Airborne, and Special Forces.

I served as an Infantryman (Ranger Battalion), a Counterintelligence Agent, a Special Forces Engineer Sergeant, a Military Intelligence Officer and a Special Forces Officer in that order. I loved what I did and never regret a minute of it.

Sure I have done some horrible things for a man to do – I have killed another man close enough to hear last breath, worse that is calling in an airstrike that killed so many men the toll could only be estimated. Sometimes I feel bad – in those times I remember all the good things I did too. The things you and people like you will never know about – which is probably for the best because you wouldn’t understand their necessity.

I am no man’s pawn or victim – I entered into my contract knowing full well what it entailed and frankly that wasn’t hard core enough so I chose first a Ranger Battalion then went to Special Forces. Because whatever one’s chosen profession he should strive to be the best.

As for the government that was my employer suddenly appearing to have some sort of problem with me for having been really good at my job – I say bring it on. They need a boogie man to cover for their years of financial mismanagement. So it’s me.

Whatever, I’ll laugh all the while cashing their checks – however, should those checks stop. They are going to reap all the rewards of what they spent so much time and money teaching me to do.

Originally posted by Corruption ExposedStop looking for sympathy because you won't find any from me.

Again, I don’t think the OP or anyone here asked for sympathy – we are warriors discussing how we will deal with the government that is now threatened by us because they realize their little ponzi scheme is about to fall through and we are a real threat to their control of the masses.

Leave that discussion to the warriors and get back in line with the internet wannabe agitators and arm chair quarterbacks/generals.

edit on 17/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ron Paul is my vote this election. All any of us can do without getting locked up with a scaving biography by the media as dictated by dhs. At this point, those in power have no intention of giving it up. Too many hands all patting themselves on the back thinking they are the good guys as they strip away at the Constitution in the name of gov continuity. Ron Paul is the only person with a verifiable track record to prove he will do what he says.
I would also hazard a guess anyone that has even clicked on this post wqs given their very own investigator.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

For one I find your lack of understanding typical of someone who has likely never risked his life for anything

I have risked my life many times for various reasons.

Please don't judge me in that way.

I know we agree on some aspects but it's not fair to judge. I prejudged the OP and realized it was foolish to do hopefully you agree.

I have been trying to stay on the topic of the thread and discuss veterans and how they are treated once they return, especially by their government.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus
Here's a video from a Veteran, through his own eye's and his own experiences. I think it hits the nail on the head, and I'd love to hear what other veterans think about it?

Here, I linked it properly for you....

Also, I think this guy is a liberal stooge, a whiner and sounds suspiciously like a certain part of the female anatomy. He was likely the guy who balked at every command finished last at every run or challenge. In short he is not a warrior - he is a whiner.

He joined - he joined while we were at war what did he think he was going to do? Paint rocks?

IMO we lost zero when he ceased to consume the air real warriors need to carry out their missions.

That's what I think about this video.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

TBO man im not a vet my brother and my father are. This country has really went to hell quick. I know myself and my family my kids and wife will always look at vets to be different. I myself and my family have more respect for a vet then i do any other person. But you are right this country has been crapping on you guys trying to get out of paying the bill so to say. Its all about the money. Granted i dont see a lot of discrimination but i also know me not being a vet would be easy for me not to see but i have seen how they handle medical treatments to vets. that is nuts on medial treatments. It went from, Never leave a man behind. To never leave a dime behind.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I know we agree on some aspects but it's not fair to judge. I prejudged the OP and realized it was foolish to do hopefully you agree.

I have been trying to stay on the topic of the thread and discuss veterans and how they are treated once they return, especially by their government.

Take care.

Fair enough - calling someone a stooge and tool of the government tripped my anger button. My apologies to you then.

Some kids do join for stupid reasons but it is not the fault of the system when they come up disillusioned. It's their fault and theirs alone...

I joined to fight to be a Soldier can't do that sitting at Fort Bragg right - can't get good at football sitting on the sidelines or hitting the sled. Gotta play the other teams. I have no problem fighting war. I also know that for every violent act on the battlefield I have committed I have trebled giving out aid to those who cannot (or will not) fight for themselves.

I respect my enemy... I know my enemy are likely men just like me who either wanted to be Soldiers and just like the profession or lost someone close and want some kind of revenge. Just like all the 911 enlistees did. Then again a good many of them are criminal thugs.

Warlords and Soldiering are professions very well regarded in the middle east.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Now Hiring...All Vets to perform duties equal to your ability. We need your Help to Help others.
Global Charity Group www.globalcharitygroup.com
Leave resume of qualifications

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Here's a video from a Veteran, through his own eye's and his own experiences. I think it hits the nail on the head, and I'd love to hear what other veterans think about it?

Here, I linked it properly for you....

Also, I think this guy is a liberal stooge, a whiner and sounds suspiciously like a certain part of the female anatomy. He was likely the guy who balked at every command finished last at every run or challenge. In short he is not a warrior - he is a whiner.

He joined - he joined while we were at war what did he think he was going to do? Paint rocks?

IMO we lost zero when he ceased to consume the air real warriors need to carry out their missions.

That's what I think about this video.

Thanks for your opinion.
Maybe he signed up under the same belief that so many had, in thinking they would be serving the American public and its citizens, maybe it wasn't until signing up and seeing first hand that he was only serving the interests of the wealthy few.
In your opinion, he may not be a "warrior", but as we all know it takes a real man to walk away from a no-win situation, and who, other than the wealthy few are winning ???
There has been many "warriors" injured in action serving their country, yet when they return they have to fight for every cent of entitlement for the rest of their lives. Thats hardly a worthy way of a country treating its "wariors".
And by consuming the real air warriors need, does that include the agent orange sprayed on your own warriors by your own government ? Does that include all your warriors now suffering from Gulf war syndrome ? But if those "warriors" spoke up, would they then become whiners, liberal stooge's and certain parts of the female body as well ?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

In your opinion, he may not be a "warrior", but as we all know it takes a real man to walk away from a no-win situation, and who, other than the wealthy few are winning ???

He is an adult, presumably he was when he enlisted (I guess his parents could have signed when he was 17); if he joined after 2001 he knew he'd be going to war and that meant killing people and possibly dying. He entered into a contract that required his obedience to authority and surrender to a mission (or future missions) over which he would have zero control or input. In exchange he received (if he's a HS graduate) a more than fair compensation package for his part.

There has been many "warriors" injured in action serving their country, yet when they return they have to fight for every cent of entitlement for the rest of their lives. That’s hardly a worthy way of a country treating its "warriors".

I have yet to meet anyone with a diagnosable and identifiable wartime injury who had to fight for VA compensation. I know some who have the less obvious type injuries PTSD to be one have some problems getting compensation. That is not what that kid was ranting about -- he was ranting about having to follow orders and hurt people and see his friends hurt. Sounds like butt-hurt to me, what did he think war was about?

And by consuming the real air warriors need, does that include the agent orange sprayed on your own warriors by your own government ? Does that include all your warriors now suffering from Gulf war syndrome ?

Again, nothing to do with the young man's feel sorry for himself rant.

But if those "warriors" spoke up, would they then become whiners, liberal stooges and certain parts of the female body as well ?

Speaking up is one thing - making yourself sound like some kind of victim doesn't help anyone. People on you tube don't run the VA, make law or pass out entitlements. Complain to the right people in private or sound like a wuss... Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I think the DHS only views us as a threat because we are highly trained. Since we are no longer in the service, we run the risk of being recruited by gangs and terrorist organization. It is a valid fear. There have been former service members who only joined the military to get that training and use it in whatever gang they were rolling with. It happens.

We are not terrorists. You know that. I know that. But the risk is still there. I don't really think there is any way we could ever sway public opinion in our favor.

On a side note, I do not hide my veteran status. Ever. I'm proud to have served. Nobody gives me trouble about it. All is well. But I live in a rural part of Idaho. Maybe people are just more understanding around here.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

Here is the deal as I see it. Some people are what they are, good times or not. They are what they know they are regardless of the reward. Others do looking for a reward.

Some people live frustrated lives because they think they know themselves, but do things under a false belief that they owe something to who they are supposed to be. They "don't get in the way" of their beliefs. I know because I was under the same idea of absolute truth.

Sometimes being who you are is not a compromise, even if it means you have to go against everything you think you know to be true.

Sometimes your truth is not enough. You always need to see what you are doing and take responsibility. Be true.

A lack of understanding produces a conflict within oneself. If you accept that as a soldier you will do things that might cause you conflict, then be a mature adult and don't join an army.

War means people die. If you don't do you job, your people die. If you are good at it, then other side dies more than you. That is what a soldier should know, even if you are completely ignorant of how your army might operate.

If you join in the hopes of not killing, then you will fail at almost everything within it. If you only join to serve some tard sense of patriotism then that is also a failure of conception.

You have to know that if you don't do your job, your people will die. If you do it well, then they wont as much as the enemy will want.

Really we can talk about how evil war is, while ignoring the fact that we have never had a point in history without it. EVER. That would be a dumb. We have people born to be tradesmen in all trades. Every profession has its calling. People will always want things like clothing and medicine, so those things have a calling for their tradesmen. If you know what you are you can still try it every which way you want so as to not get in the way of your philosophical point of view if it goes against your "truth". I know. In the end, you only lie to yourself if you deny your calling in this life.

If you end up in an trade that is not for you, then take that into account and move on. Your frustration should not move you to vent that self hate on an external thing like world politics or the purpose of the trade you failed at.

our failures are our own. We can externalize them and even sound passionate about what we do that is in direct contrast to what we are. In the end we are just lying to ourselves.

we are what we are, if not then we are not being honest. If I wanted to fish but hate getting wet, I just like fish. I should buy them and not go fishing. Not hate the fish and the fishermen I love, just because I am terrible at fishing or because I might think fishing is bad.

edit on 17-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Speaking of how veterans are treated….check this out! We need to follow this story. If this can happen to him it can happen to some of us in this thread.

Marine veteran arrested for FB comments...

Thanks to CRock who found this video today.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bottom line:

(1) You will find asylum for you and yours in a developing underground network yet to be developed. We will provide you with all that we have, whenever we can. Your expertise will be our last hope, and we will, ultimately, be your students.

(2) Your initial, greatest foe will be local law enforcement.

Having extensively polled both veterans coming back from the Middle East and law enforcement across three states, local law enforcement overwhelmingly laughed in my face with respect to upholding the Constitution against contrary orders from their superiors. And they now, in large portion, have immediate access to military-grade weapons, including tanks, massive stores of advanced, automated weapons and drones.

(3) The coming war, like the Civil War's humble yet impressive beginnings, will hinge on successful gorilla warfare. The Colonists almost took out more British soldiers, overall, by sniping at marching Red Coats, than they did on the open fields of battle. Moreover, once the Red Coats managed to get to battle, their numbers had purposefully been aforehand diminished, making open battle, thanks to logistical supply difficulties, all the more assured of victory. (Not to say that it was ever easy; simply improved odds.)

Keep in mind EVER...gorilla warfare sucked the life out of organized military countless times throughout history. The invisible army cannot be conquered, because it is a hydra.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

For one I find your lack of understanding typical of someone who has likely never risked his life for anything. I will be completely frank and honest with you and everyone here when I say I joined the military not for some false patriotism or sense of civic duty – I joined because I wanted to be a Soldier.

I have nothing but respect for any militairy man, but no matter how you look at things, you were a pawn in a game, serving the interests of a power that wasn't out to improve humanity.

You wanted to be a soldier. You wanted the action. You wanted to be the best. Some people are born warriors. I respect that. I understand that.

But basically you are saying that you did stuff because you wanted to. That makes you part of the problem.

It is what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join