It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Veteran Service Members Of ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm sure most of you have either read Seabags thread.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I, as a veteran like many of you, am very angry about this. The increasing presure to see us as terrorists is sickening. We are being vilified by the government of the people we once swore to serve. I for one feel like I have been kicked in the nuts by my own country. It is very easy to see where this is going. I can already see changes in how people in public act around me if they find out I am a veteran. I have applied for many jobs that I am perfectly qualified for but have yet to find employment. I can only wonder now if my veteran status is the reason?

I am calling on you all today to help me start a solution. What can we do to keep the american public from being brainwashed into this type of thinking.? I know I will be writing many letters to my represenatives about this and I challenge each and every one of you to do the same. I will also be writing to my local papers as well in an effort to spread truth, not propagandized fiction aimed at dismantling our status within our society. What can we as ATS members do to publicly appose this? If you are a writer, please write and post anywhere you can.

People need to know that we are not all crazy killers just looking for a reason to snap. The MSM would have people believe that but it just is not true. People need to be educated in the fact that most veterans are functioning members of society that pose only a threat to the rouge government which is now villifying them.

Also, during these trying times, we veterans need to be there for each other now more than ever. If any of you ever need anything just reach out and I will be there as I hope all other veterans on this site will be. These are trying times for us and no matter how bad things get we must maintain the self control and discipline that was instilled with us in the military. We stand no chance in a rebellion or uprising without the full and unconditional support of our fellow countrymen. I know some of you are very angry, I am as well; I ask that nobody does anything stupid in retaliation to how we are being treated.

We must follow any avenue we can that could peacefully put the kaibash on the governments plan to label us all domestic terrorists in the eys of the public. I am open to any and all suggestions/ideas. Now is the time for us to come together more than ever. We need to act now before it is too late and we are being hunted down and locked away for simply being a threat.

ETA: If anyone is wondering why I placed this in the War on Terrorism forum; I placed it here because the War on Terrorism stands to quickly become a War on Veterans.
edit on 16/8/12 by usmc0311 because: added material.

edit on 16/8/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I talked about that thread and the DHS while at my VFW. The older Vets thought that I was crazy, while the younger ones nodded in agreement.

While it was all a vey cordial conversation I think that we are already divided.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I am actually going to go to the local VFW to ask some of the members their thoughts on this. I have the feeling I will recieve the same as you but we shall see. We do have a few great veterans around here so I hope to spread the word in my local area first and foremost. I think that is the best place for all of us to start is within our local veteran groups. I will post anything I find out from the locals.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I truly believe that when martial law breaks out we veterans will be the first ones rounded up. Much like Red Dawn, those who could stir up the most trouble were taken to internment camps.

Only this time it won't be the Russians, but the very god damn government we took an oath to defend. It's sickening.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

In order for this to gain any traction...a solution has to be agreed upon, first and foremost. We already know that the problem overall has many varied talking points and examples.

There are so many Veteran groups out there, with varying philosphies and ideologies it's a daunting task.

Getting them to all agree on the solution and you've won half the battle.

Just a example. I don't believe in such a thing as PTSD, but I do believe that people suffer from PTS. I say this because I believe that it is a syndrome due to the individuals experiance, but it's not a disorder.

But the Shrinks keep pushing the drugs rather than address the issue, which is rooted in the mentality of the patient.

TBI is a wholly different thing as there is a verifable diagnosis.

I've gotten into quite a few heated discussions over this mindset, but have won over a few as well.

Getting Vets to accept other Vets for their Religion, Political ideology, Skin color, just to name a few is the first hurdle. They must look at each other as Veterans, regardless of which conflict or dates of service or any of the aforementioned.

Once you have that, you'll have a unified force But getting there will be a tough row to hoe.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Please remember...

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.
*bold emphasis mine

Thank you.

edit on 8/16/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well I guess forget everything I said. Doesn't look like ATS will be of any help with this one. So I guess we will just have to stay divided.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am not a vet, but thank you for your service. I'd just like to add, if you are going to goto these VFW meets and try to explain these things out loud to those fine folks, at least bring the evidence you need to support your claims. That is straight from the horses mouth. I would defiantly print this report and share it with your brethren. That report is from April 2009, three years later here we are talking about it all over again.

www.fas.org...

Or you could print out parts of the article to highlight your concerns.

www.thedailysheeple.com...

People need to see facts.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So I guess if someone were to try to get people to attend, say an OCCUPY event, they shouldn't be able to here? I could of swore I saw that a few months ago...

Either way, meh. I've learned to hide my veteran status for almost everything, I've seen the scorn people have for me when they find out I've served during these wars and I don't care to see those looks anymore.

Best of luck, fellow veterans. Our country values Internet bloggers more than your, and mine, service.

link   
This is not the first time soldiers coming home have been crapped upon.

After all, “Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” – Henry Kissinger

I warned my kids before even speaking to a recruiter, some listened some did not.
But the military is ultra cool though!!

Our politicians put soldiers into a meat grinder and tell them to survive.
When they do, they criticize them for how they survived.

link   
So, my questions to you are, do you think they are doing this because if something does happen, they don't want the general public siding with people that could protect them?
Do you think the majority of the general public will buy this?

I'm sorry, I won't be buying what the government is selling. To many veterans are family and close friends.

And a big THANK YOU!!!! To all of you on here that served!
edit on 16-8-2012 by chiefsmom because: thanks!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I don’t think that he is recruiting, but rather trying to address an issue concerning Veterans. Looking for answers, so to speak.

A bit off-topic, the “Social Issues” portion of your T&C reminder is a bit vague. Heck, I’m not a lawyer, that’s just how I view it.

I would say that almost every post would fall into that category, especially the political ones, as we discuss the varied points of view.

But thanks for the heads up.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Thank you for posting those, they will be very helpfull.

Semper Fi.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
So I guess if someone were to try to get people to attend, say an OCCUPY event, they shouldn't be able to here? I could of swore I saw that a few months ago...

Either way, meh. I've learned to hide my veteran status for almost everything, I've seen the scorn people have for me when they find out I've served during these wars and I don't care to see those looks anymore.

Best of luck, fellow veterans. Our country values Internet bloggers more than your, and mine, service.

I know right. I am just trying to bounce around ideas here, not start a movement. I also don't tell anyone willingly that I am a veteran anymore. I remember in 2003/2004 whenever I would come home people loved veterans. I have slowly seen that change especially since I was discharged in 2007 and came home.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
This is not the first time soldiers coming home have been crapped upon.

After all, “Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” – Henry Kissinger

I warned my kids before even speaking to a recruiter, some listened some did not.
But the military is ultra cool though!!

Our politicians put soldiers into a meat grinder and tell them to survive.
When they do, they criticize them for how they survived.

Recruiters do nothing but lie. It's the only way to accomplish their mission. I would have never joined the Military if I knew how it all would turn out. Then again I do have a substantial amount of training and experience that may come in handy in these crazy times we are living in.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Well I guess forget everything I said. Doesn't look like ATS will be of any help with this one. So I guess we will just have to stay divided.

Nonsense! Ya can't give up. ATS doesn't have anything to do with this other than providing a forum in which to put your thoughts. It's the recruiting thing that I am sure they are against, not fleshing out ideas.

If you have a idea that you think may be against T&C, then ask a Mod or the Admin itself.

What you are trying to accomplish is a good thing.
And it needs to be done.

But you are absolutely correct, it has to start at the local level.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It is Orwellian. The truth is, from a governmental sense, the U.S. is the world's most dangerous terrorist nation. It is undeniable and can be proven. We've murdered more innocents in other countries entirely unprovoked than any country since Germany's Third Reich. Our own police forces are paramilitary, we are number one in incarceration, we kill others with drones accountable to no one, we openly admit torture, etc. America is no longer, and deservedly so, a moral force in the world. We have no moral high ground from which to lecture others.

Here is the best example and its a long term one that is still ongoing today:

We rail against Iran, yet it was us who overthrew their first democratically elected government in the 1950s and installed a dictator (Shah Reza Pavlavi) who would be a puppet allowing American countries to continue to plunder Iran's natural resources. It was the U.S. who gave Saddam the chemical weapons that killed thousands of Iranians in the Iraq/Iran War (which Iraq started). The U.S. has earned Iran's animosity, yet the people of Iran remain western-leaning. Of course, the average American knows nothing about this because the average American knows nothing of geo-politics. So FOX feeds them fear and hate about Iran, never mentioning the horror we have done to them, so understandable the ignorant American thinks Iran to be the enemy.

edit on 16-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
So, my questions to you are, do you think they are doing this because if something does happen, they don't want the general public siding with people that could protect them?

I'm sorry, I won't be buying what the government is selling. To many veterans are family and close friends.

I tend to agree with you but, there is a noticeable difference between a person who has seen action.
Some people say you can see it in the eyes.
Lemme make a comparison.
In childbirth a woman loses something, as if she gave it for the new life, you can see it in her eyes.
I noticed it with my wife, a sparkle or something left her.
None the less beautiful but still something was gone.
I see the same thing in our soliders, you can point out the ones who rode a desk and those who went in the field.
They have changed, but I seriously do not believed they have become monsters.
I've known a few and while they may be a bit more cynical, that does not dictate their values.

link   

We are being vilified by the government we once swore to serve.

Do US service members swear to serve the government?

Governments come and go. What doesn't change is simple right or wrong and being true to yourself and thinking for yourself. Accepting the word of the government as right and doing their bidding is the reason we are all in this mess we are in, globally.

Blindly following the orders of government, because you have been told you are subordinate to them, is always going to end in a mess, simply because those in government do not care one jot about you. You are all simply expendable pawns to do their bidding and the concept that government serves the people is long gone.
Whining because that government now sees you as a threat is your own fault for allowing them to do so, and following their edicts without question, even fighting and killing people overseas is for them and their corporate and banking masters, and in no way can it be proven to in any way benefit the country and your fellow man.

In short, you acted as a government enforcer and now feel bitter, not about having been duped into fighting for them, but being seen as a threat now you are out. As long as people keep up this ridiculous idea that serving in the military means you are serving your country, then nothing will change.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

edit on 16-8-2012 by chiefsmom because: thanks!

I think that is exactly why they are doing this. They want the public to fear us so when things go south people will not stand behind us but will turn against us instead. I am sure there will still be alot of people who buy into it. Most don't even realize what actually is going on with our armed forces because they are not portrayed on reality tv daneoff shows or the most popular people on Facebook and Twitter. They made that movie Act of Valor which was complete warrior propaganda at it's finest to appeal to the Modern Warfare/first person shooter game playing teenagers who are about to get out of high school.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join