It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeth Frontman: Obama 'Staged' 'Dark Knight' Shooting (Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
As somebody who grew up in the Bay Area of California in the early eighties and was part of the thrash metal movement... Honestly I'm just amazed that we're still talking about Dave Mustaine, or anybody else from that particular place and time in history. None of us were on track to win Nobel prizes...

I'm not going around the barn to say that Dave is dumb... I just know where he came from and it was 100% anarchy loving, live in the moment, distopianism that fueled the whole thrash thing.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

We're from similar places then, and I agree with your assessment of the life and what it was. But that was then, this is now.

There are plenty of burnt out, braindead ex-rockers from the 80's but Dave, like him or not, isn't one of them.

The reason we're still talking about him is that after 30 years, he's still high profile in the entertainment industry. That and he is extremely opinionated about the kinds of topics being discussed here.
Personally, I love Megadeth but am not a fan of Dave. I found him to be pretty self righteous and to be honest - a real prick.... but I stand up for his right to speak.

Also, something I find odd. Why is it that when some famous person speaks his/her mind about something like this, they are basically told they should "stfu"... which has already happened in this thread.
They are immediately labelled as dumb or ? for some strange reason and not worthy of anyone's time...

It's like being recognizable makes you instantly uncredible.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
gee...if you follow the money, some guy from the NRA or gun manufactures would be a better suspect... more fear, more paranoia, more gun sales, more members.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i think this song fits the topic well..

Madness comes, and madness goes
An insane place, with insane moves
Battles without, for battles within
Where evil lives and evil rules
Breaking them up, just breaking them in
Quickest way out, quickest relief wins
Never disclose, never betray
Cease to speak or cease to breathe
And when you kill a man, you're a murderer
Kill many, and you're a conqueror
Kill them all...Ooh...Oh you're a god!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This demonstrates the worst kind of conspiracy ignorance. Every President is a puppet, they are not chosen for their genius. They don't even speak their own words, all the words they utter are written for them. If they were actually in charge of what they are said to be in charge of they'd die from confusion and exhaustion after the first week. They are figure heads, they are selected ahead of time and we are tricked into "voting" for them after that.

The fact that anyone who isn't clinically insane things that Obama sat around with a bunch of others and say "hey, lets whack a couple of locals to get some support" is truly crazy. He doesn't have that kind of power. Do the people he work for have it? Yes, Will he be in on the meetings? No. There is a very well maintained process of denial - if he doesn't know about it then when he is used to take action he is seen as genuine. Besides, every minute of every day is accounted for with any number of people tailing him and ushering him and taking notes, I hardly think this kind of meeting is going to happen between meetings with the NCAA championship team and a fundraiser with the All Womens league.

Dave needs to play music, and think a little bit more about what he says before he says it, as for some bizarre reason people care what he says.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why would anyone make a claim like that without 0 proof? Completely obnoxious and ignorant.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did he crash a car today? Smart money is that Lindsey Lohan did but she doesn't speak to politics. Love or hate Megadeth the man has a right to his voice. I just wish he wasn't so damn stupid in his assessment. And yes, I love Megadeth. Best thing to happen to metal when they turfed his ass out of Metalica. 2 great bands. Both into politics. Megadeth even more so when it comes to conspiracy:

This is just a bit too out there.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

i take it you have never paid any attention to his lyrics?

seems like..

peace sells .. but nobody is buying still...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

How do you know for sure?

What if its the Republican Congress trying to bring pressure to bare on Obama

You all don't still believe the presidency is the highest office in the land do you?
edit on 16-8-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
Can't find a facepalm strong enough.....

Oh Dave....... Dave, Dave, Dave.......

Please just stick to writing music.

The music he's been writing, has been political since the late 80's.

Not a Megadeth fan I take it?

edit on 16-8-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

I know, it's really funny seeing these folks act surprised about this.

The problem is - is that every few years we get a new CEO/fall guy. It's so we always have someone to blame or in some case's blindly revere.
As long as we continue to ignore the fact that the President is actually at the bottom of the totem pole of government power folks will continue to point the finger at them instead of the entire system itself.

Right now we don't know what happened in Aurora because the case was sealed almost instantly.
All we know is that there are many holes in what happened that night - and anyone with half a brain and a little patience can see this as plain as day.
To blame Obama is like blaming Bush about 9/11 - We do not know who really set these things up.

All we know is that the eradication of our constitutional freedoms is imminent if we continue to allow them to slip through our fingers.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It will be a cold day in H E double hockey sticks when I take a metal heads rocker's rhetoric seriously

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

Ummm yeah.....really, just no...no...no! We may not all be in favor of Pres. O, but to say such a thing is IMVHO so far fetched. We are all (well most of us) here at ATS conspiracy theorist in one way or another. But, Dave's comment is well, to be frank...kind of absurd IMO

He needs to go somewhere, experience other things and write some more songs...quick, which will probably never ever happen as it seems all of his brain cells have been burned!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I agree, thus why I wonder why the government claims James Holmes committed this shooting....

No proof, so why do they claim he did it?

Security footage from the theater? No!

Dash cam footage from the arresting police officer? No!

Fingerprint data from the weapons, or better yet, any weapons at all? No!

Proof that there was recipes for the weapons/ammo bought? No!

Maybe if they decide to have a public trial, and full transparency is given, then we can talk about "proof".

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
dave has been voicing his political views since way early on in his career and right or wrong when you have the attention of a decent amount of people why not.. but this is definitely a stretch of imagination even for him haha although to some extent i can understand how he could come to this conclusion, obama has been trying to take our guns for as far back as i can remember and i'm sure there's crazier things that have actually happened but if enough people make pieces fit something as absurd as this theory could actually gather momentum and if it does i hope dave doesn't get found in a sleazy hotel in a forced drunken drug overdose.

it's very hard to change "habit thinking" for lack of a better phrase.. we all do it even when realizing what we're doing it but the fact is that in this day and age all "parties" involved belong to the same clubhouse and are kinda like lego blocks.. all interchangeable parts, i mean it's all the same just masked in a way to appear different to us. Me or Him, Bad or Good.. it really is all the same. i'm at a stand still myself, i mean i know someone has to win but MAN it really is like beating a dead horse. i've read quite a few plans, ideas, laws.. etc.. and had a lot of them explained to me and they're all exactly the same just worded differently. so it doesn't really matter who wins or loses.. it's purely a battle of likeability at this point, really, i mean we're all gonna get F'ed sooner rather than later because clearly our hero refuses to reveal himself thus far so if you're reading this post, hero, MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN please.

anyone who thinks there's actually a difference in these guy's and you're struggling over who to pick because you still have hope.. i envy you because knowing the truth sucks.

i'd like to hear more opinions from more metal dudes.. i wonder what the guy's in the band Mayhem thinks about all this haha (years back the singer was found dead from a shotgun blast to his head, suicide, and a member found him, scooped up some of his brain matter and put it in some chili he was making and ate it THEN like a good friend he made a few necklaces out of pieces of his skull and sent to a few of his friends)

anyway.. that's my 2 cents. thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
No motive. No evidence (released to the public). Lots of media hearsay. Peculiar arrest. Even more peculiar court appearance. Sealed court. It certainly suggests something fishy. I think Mustaine was calling these events out as a false flag by some ptb agency but that message would not get heard so he tosses out the name of the figurehead leader for flair.

And here we are talking about it. Mission accomplished.

I don't think Obama was involved but I don't rule out other ptb agencies.

But I love Mustaine! I love his stories in the exact same way I love ATS. Thought provoking, but you don't want to let yourself get caught up in it. I never really liked megadeths music, but their last album, Thirteen, is great. I recommend you all YouTube it and listen to it tonight. It is seriously like browsing ATS.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
LMAO What a piece of garbage.

Dave, your music sucks, your voice sucks, and your BS political pandering to still sell records to rednecks is both greedy and soulless.

I never liked Megadeth, and this just seals the deal.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Dave really needs to shut up at this point. He has lost so many longtime fans with the nonsense he has een spouting in recent years. It's amazing how this man who wrote songs like Foreclosure of a Dream is now a poster boy of the Christian Right. Not only that it's amazing how he can go out night after night and perform those songs that no longer represent his beliefs.

I've been backstage with him many times because my brother knew his tour manager (mid 90's to around 2003 or so). He's a jerk. Every time I would meet him he was a jerk. Everyone else in that band at that time were AWESOME, but Mustaine just was never nice.

Anyways, I don't agree with him, nevertheless.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My theory is that the goal of these shootings and other violence is of a more esoteric nature...

To call out to messiah. James Holmes is a neuro scientist, so his profile will have a particular effect on minds. A subconscious association that amplifies the fear effect.

And the Dark Knight. Starring Christian Bale. Christ Bail us out.

Followed by a shooting at a peace temple...further associates violence with religion and multiplies outrage due to the type of victims.

Or more probably, this is all nonsense.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

He confessed that he did it and even turned himself in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join