It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeth Frontman: Obama 'Staged' 'Dark Knight' Shooting (Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

There is NO question Dave could have worded his statement better to not look like a nut. Like mentioned before in this thread rock stars are often burned out and in this case may have altered his judgement or ability to find the right words. It does not negate the fact that what Dave is implying has happened before in this Country and on a way larger scale. People are people and any number dead is a bad number, but one cannot deny the fact that our Govt has killed way more of it's own citizens in the past to push their agenda. When you routinely take out thousands of Americans over time what's a few dozen more really.

It just really bothers me that people today think this can't and won't happen again. Our Govt has no interest in protecting you me or anyone else for that matter. They are only concerned about their current agenda....and Gun control is a BIG one......
edit on 16-8-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Dave Mustain... what a Tool.. which, by the way, is a much better band.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDKWTB

Megadeth Frontman: Obama

www.hollywoodreporter.com

“[Obama]’s trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all of these murders, like the 'Fast And Furious' thing down at the border; [the massacre in] Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there; and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple,” Mustaine said at the concert, video of which surfaced Wednesday at Blabbermouth.net.

Mustaine has also spoken out against Obama in recent interviews. Earlier this month, he told conspiracy theorist Alex Jones he was “disgusted” with Obama’s.."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-8-2012 by IDKWTB because: (no reason given)

I was lucky enough to meet Mustaine when he stayed in a hotel I was working in last year. Interesting character.

One thing that stands out at me is how conspiratorial his music is. But when asked about it in interviews, he plays coy by saying, "I am just writing songs. They don't have real meaning outside of the context of the moment they were written in" (or something to that effect).

But he has always had a political bent to his music. Symphony of Destruction is one of the all time greats (that and Peace Sells But Who's Buying and Sweating Bullets). His greatest music tends to be the most politicized.

Perhaps he just wasn't in the mood to discuss it in an interview? Or doesn't want to elaborate on his lyrics so as to not create political sensationalism? He was a hated man for most of my youth because of the Metallica departure thing (not as hated as Kevin Dubrow....but still hated nonetheless).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Dave Mustain... what a Tool.. which, by the way, is a much better band.

I like them both and have been fans throughout the years.....

According to record sales Megadeth is the better band selling over 30 million records as where Tool hasn't even hit half that in record sales....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

There is NO question Dave could have worded his statement better to not look like a nut. Like mentioned before in this thread rock stars are often burned out and in this case may have altered his judgement or ability to find the right words. It does not negate the fact that what Dave is implying has happened before in this Country and on a way larger scale. People are people and any number dead is a bad number, but one cannot deny the fact that our Govt has killed way more of it's own citizens in the past to push their agenda. When you routinely take out thousands of Americans over time what's a few dozen more really.

It just really bothers me that people today think this can't and won't happen again. Our Govt has no interest in protecting you me or anyone else for that matter. They are only concerned about their current agenda....and Gun control is a BIG one......
edit on 16-8-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

Sure, it has happened in the past. I wont argue against that. But I cannot rightfully sit here and agree with accusing Obama of staging this because of actions taken by past administrations. Just like I cannot label Mustaine a nutcase based on his past rants. It would not be fair in either of those cases. Guilt by association with the past doesnt really make a lot of sense

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Heres my real question. It seems like Dave is the type to visit sites like ATS. So Dave calling you out buddy! Who are you at ATS?

That aside. I really enjoyed your music growing up. I can even still play a few of the songs on my bass. Rust in Peace was my favorite album of yours. I miss marty friedman as your lead guitarist had dope exotic scales in all of his solos.

I also don't agree with your statement. Obama probably didn't have anything to do with the colorado shootings. Now the CIA. they might know what your talking about.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I also don't agree with labeling anyone without proof of the accusations. My rant was more on how many people here automatically shrug off the idea just because it's a little unorthodox. I really upsets me when people stick there heads in the dirt and think America and it's leaders are above some of the accusations made against them by Dave.
We all know what he is saying is inflammatory and a little crazy.....but we ALL should also know that what Dave is saying is really not to far from the script America has been following for decades....

I'm sure the saying "if it ain't broke don't try and fix it" is used often in the White House and not just for plumbing issues...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Mustaine continues to spew venom at Michelle Obama. “I guess the best revenge is when you look back in history at what Michelle [Obama] wore at his inauguration and she had a black dress on with two red triangles, so she looked like a black widow turned upside down. So there’s gotta be some symbology there. You just don’t wear something like that to some event like that without there being some kind of future message being told.”

Cow patties have more brains.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Dont know the man, dont know the band.....
But hes pretty up front and straghtforward about hs opinion, and that i respect...his thoughts are not mainstream US ether, so theres a personal risk in speaking up about anything at all.....if its money, hes after ,hed best shut up......
For ths reason i have to tip my hat to the dude......be free brother!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah that's credible.
What next? WWF wrestler reached for comment?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

So we get our news and information from a washed up Heavy Metal singer now? Celebs need to be careful endorsing such radical conspiracy theories without ANY evidence...they influence other's.

Just curious, WHO would he vote for? Romney? Birth certificate? REALLY? lol

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You heard it here first, kids!

Breaking "news" from the guy who got kicked out of Metallica and cried about it in front of a documentary camera.

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Thats the first thing i thought about when reading the Title.................

But that was an 'epic mustaine gig'...............crying about the new one(newsted)

Personally i got some albums of them too, but Metallica is/was/& will be the greatest Thrash Metal Band of all times.
I wonder what Jaymz, Lars and Kirk think about his comments

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Did Obama stage the Aurora Shooting? Nope… that’s not the puppets job.

Is Obama a traitor and deserved to be impeached? Yup… here’s why:

Remember: Obama was a constitutional law professor at Harvard.

I am 50/50 if Obama supporters do no care to read the constitution, or fail to understand its contents.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I suppose it's easier/cheaper to say this than make a good album and buy advertising space.

Good luck to the guy!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

NOT Obama; why is everything blamed on the President?

If staged why not by some other group?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dave Mustaine?

Just another person (who happens to have celebrity) with a nutty opinion.

I stopped listening to anything Dave has to say or sing after Rust In Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The video hasn't been directly embedded yet, so here it is for anyone who cares. FF to 2:45

Dave has always been outspoken about TPTB. "Peace Sells.. but Who's Buying?" came out in 1986.

Alex Jones was 12 years old at that time...

That is still one of my all time favourite metal songs, and the video is killer (i'm adding it for effect)

"what is this garbage you're watching? I wanna watch the news.."

"THIS IS THE NEWS!"

edit on 16-8-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can care less about his views, But you cannot say this doesn't give you goosebumps...........

Listen to this crowd!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Dave goes on Alex Jones to defend himself today. Here it is....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join