It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeth Frontman: Obama 'Staged' 'Dark Knight' Shooting (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Are referring to the same obama that boasts of having a hit list? or is it the one that assassinated bin laden? or the obama that ordered fast and furious, arming cartels and leading to numerous killings?

Naw, phooey, he couldn't possibly be involved in any agenda driven murderous operations in the U.S. of A.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I understand why you used Metallica's song title (Master of Puppets) but just to be clear--the song is specifically about the hell of drug addiction.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
The only people who know for sure who was involved are those who were involved. The government have a track record for orchestrating events so they can push new laws through, its the classic, tried and tested tactic of create a problem then sell the solution. So to call someone disgusting because he suggests they may have done that is just plain ignorance of reality.

Reality is that there is zero proof of it. Not even the smallest speck of evidence of it. Not a bit. None. Nada.

A giant feathered pig with a grudge against the color red could have caused the breakup of the Soviet Union, too. Doesn't mean that he did.

Capability =/= Culpability

Edit: It is ENTIRELY possible that parts of the Obama administration could use what happened as a way to push gun control. That is them being opportunistic, but not responsible for the action itself.
edit on 16-8-2012 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I doubt Obama had anything to do with James Holmes and the shootings but I wouldn't discount the CIA.

Has MegaDeath traveled to Kenya on tours? What is this about seeing signs that say 'Birthplace of Barack Obama'? Did he see these personally?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Forget who said it.

Think about the "celebrity" that fuels it's visibility.

All across this country there are those who think that such tragedies are fodder for the establishment to exploit and use as a way to leverage sentiment. They create narratives to evoke a desired response from the public. And the media outlets that propagate the so called "news" use the outrage and oafishness to make a point about them.

What you are seeing is the meme that will be applied to any who suspect that the "masters of reality" are at work. The only reason it is brought forth is to make certain that no one who wants to be considered reasonable would ever connect the idea that there is something to be suspect about.

Sad though this is, this 'artist' seems to believe that someone would be able to carry out several mass murders "for effect" by somehow making random individuals "snap" ; it is nevertheless the exact kind of event that the political thespians and their hirelings in the media will use to 'entertain' themselves as they 'engage' our attention here.... all the while claiming to be "informing" us .....

This is a social-engineering exercise in progress.

Reason - is the only vaccine against falling into the trough that includes people who think that some professional entertainer's opinion has merit among the rest of the world. Reason is also what the manufacturers of consent routinely lack... because they fail to accept that their agenda is narrow and flawed and only has value from the perspective of their own status-quo.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Writing politically driven music and making an off the wall crackpot statement are two entirely different means of proving your own insanity.

And yes, I am a Megadeth fan.

ETA: I'm half surprised you didn't post Washington Is Next.
edit on 8/16/12 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

It's not about him being political. In the past his views were at least rational. Ever since getting clean and becoming Born-Again he has gone over the edge. On top of that he has pretty much turned his back on everything he once stood for. He's become part of the Lunatic Right that buys into every conspiracy put forward about the Left while believing that the Neocons and Christian Right can do no wrong. This is the same man who took every potshot he could at Reagan, Bush, and the military-industrial complex. I'm not saying he can't change his mind however he shouldn't be surprised when his comments are received negatively considering most of his fans are listening to Megadeth because of those old albums. It also seems hypocritical to go out there night after night and make money off these songs that no longer represent his views.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I saw this earlier today. To be honest, I'd say that Obama has an agenda, but the shootings just happened to be within close dates.
To suggest Obama somehow knew about it before hand and let it slip, or was somehow responsible in brainwashing the shootings to happen seem very far fetched.
What evidence does he have other than "You know what I think happened?"

Look, for all I know, Obama MAY be behind this whole thing, but logic tells me he's just cashing in on an agenda.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Noinoi because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777
reply to post by MamaJ

I understand why you used Metallica's song title (Master of Puppets) but just to be clear--the song is specifically about the hell of drug addiction.

Hahaha.. I know. Addiction leads the heart down a road of no return in some cases just as our leaders are doing to us.

It came to mind because Megadeth was not my band back in the day but Metallica was and the phrase/ title fits what I think about our President. He is a puppet for the masters... Just to be clear.

Ive always liked Dave though and it surprises me he would be that bold regarding the deaths of many and accusing the President of staging, but who am I to judge.

He has his opinion and as of right now he can voice it.

My mind wanders as my attention span is short and sweet.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

It is very possible, presidents have stahed much worse before.
How many Mexican citizens are dead, and for what ultimately?
False flags happen all of the time, some on a grand scale, some not.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I really don't know as 99.99% percent of all Americans, if Obama or anyone for that matter in Govt had any knowledge or hand in the CO shootings. I think everyone can agree here that if there was involvement by the Govt only a very small fraction of people would know about it.

On another note I laugh at all the people who are pissed at Dave for even hinting at something like this. I really hope that a majority of the ATS community is not naive enough to think our Govt and even our President are above a false flag attack. Just about every major war was started from a false flag attack. We have been doing it on a global and massive scale for decades. Please don't be stupid enough to think they wouldn't do it again. Do a little history research and find out for yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I agree with what you are saying, but I disagree with you calling him a hypocrite. He would not be where he is now without his past, and whatever his beliefs now, his past is still a part of him and to turn his back on that would be more disrespectful to his fans.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I really don't know as 99.99% percent of all Americans, if Obama or anyone for that matter in Govt had any knowledge or hand in the CO shootings. I think everyone can agree here that if there was involvement by the Govt only a very small fraction of people would know about it.

On another note I laugh at all the people who are pissed at Dave for even hinting at something like this. I really hope that a majority of the ATS community is not naive enough to think our Govt and even our President are above a false flag attack. Just about every major war was started from a false flag attack. We have been doing it on a global and massive scale for decades. Please don't be stupid enough to think they wouldn't do it again. Do a little history research and find out for yourself.

But again, capability does not mean culpability. This isnt about what the government has done in the past, nor is it about any of Dave Mustaine's rants in the past This is about right now, and about him accusing Obama of staging this event without even the slightest hint of evidence.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Where is your outrage when the Govt accuses millions of people around the world of crimes and then kills them without a shred of evidence. I mean the death of a human is a lot worse then the character defamation IMO. I don't see people throwing up their arms in outrage over that........

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Where is your outrage when the Govt accuses millions of people around the world of crimes and then kills them without a shred of evidence. I mean the death of a human is a lot worse then the character defamation IMO. I don't see people throwing up their arms in outrage over that........

If this thread was about the government accusing others around the world of crimes and killing them without evidence, that might be a possibility. I'd have to weigh the evidence, form an opinion, and comment accordingly. If you want to see me yap about that, start up a thread about the subject.

But since this thread is NOT about that, I'm not going to bother trying to derail it with a rant about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Never been a mega death fan but he is probably more right then wrong on this. Whether Obama planned it who knows but there is a definite pattern over several decades of off the wall shootings ramping up right before anti-gun legislation is introduced.

With all the things Obama has been caught doing Like fast and furious and his hit list etc. this is not hard to fathom.

Still most will just write him off as a crazy rock star...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Someone please explain to me why this is being presented as yet another Obama conspiracy to enact gun control. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for the most gun friendly president in the last six to all of a sudden want to have a debate over gun control in the middle of an election year. He has deliberately and smartly avoided the issue and caved in to gun owners every single time the topic has come up. So if the mass shootings are a conspiracy to get the debate on gun control as an election issue, wouldn't it make more sense if it were Romney backers perpetrating it because gun control is a winning issue for them in a thus far lackluster Republican campaign?

As far as Mustaine goes, meh everyone knows that his alcoholism and drug addiction addled his brain long ago and to be honest listening to him on this is the same as listening to what Ozzy has to say about it. Good for a giggle but you can't ever take it seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If I had over reacted to ONE person out of billions making a statement only to be questioned on my reaction and motives logically then had them compared to known world atrocities. I would also shrink away from justifying my original outrage over just words instead of the actual killing of human beings....Well played sir.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDKWTB

Megadeth Frontman: Obama

www.hollywoodreporter.com

“[Obama]’s trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all of these murders, like the 'Fast And Furious' thing down at the border; [the massacre in] Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there; and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple,” Mustaine said at the concert, video of which surfaced Wednesday at Blabbermouth.net.

Mustaine has also spoken out against Obama in recent interviews. Earlier this month, he told conspiracy theorist Alex Jones he was “disgusted” with Obama’s.."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-8-2012 by IDKWTB because: (no reason given)

Really? So how did he choose Aurora? Did he just throw a dart at a picture of the United States and it hit Aurora? Did he keep tabs on all PhD candidates and pick one out at random to place the blame on? Did he put the guns in Holmes' possession? Why James Holmes of all people? Did he buy the bottle of hair dye for Holmes?

Alex Jones is a false flag, keeping people diverted from the reality that we live in a world of dangerous neighbors.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

If I had over reacted to ONE person out of billions making a statement only to be questioned on my reaction and motives logically then had them compared to known world atrocities. I would also shrink away from justifying my original outrage over just words instead of the actual killing of human beings....Well played sir.

Like I said, different matter for a different thread. Not going to accuse you of trying to deflect things, although some may. I'm just trying to stay on topic. But see it how you like, I dont really care.

Mustaine would get a lot less hate if he'd have phrased his words a bit better. Accusing the government of capitalizing on this issue to push gun control would be a much more debatable subject, and would get him a hell of a lot more respect on all fronts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join