It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Louisiana Police Officers Died After Early Morning Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Two Louisiana Police Officers Died After Early Morning Shooting

www.businessinsider.com

A twitter feed that monitors police scans suggests the suspect was armed with an AK47. That is not confirmed.

Earlier reports stated two officers and two civilians had been shot. That has been updated to say two officers died and two officers were shot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
it's becoming an every day occurrence, not that shooting's already weren't a daily thing in most big cities.

not much info to go on other than whats in the story they are searching for a gunman armed with possibly an AK.
2 officers are confirmed dead and two more in the hospital in surgery.

lets stay focused on this and hope no one else gets hurt.
the normalcy of all these shootings is very eerie and unstable

www.businessinsider.com
edit on 8/16/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
there's a state governor and a city mayor down there that approves gun confiscation....as long as they weren't up to that again

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Officerdown Memorial Page

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
there's a state governor and a city mayor down there that approves gun confiscation....as long as they weren't up to that again

Louisianna got their ass handed to them about gun confiscation during Katrina. They were ordered to return all confiscated weapons and had to pay out financial compensation. The courts took them to task for pulling that stunt and made it very clear law enforcement cannot do that and that it was a violation of the Constitution.

Please keep in mind the mindset in Louisianna is a bit different than the rest of the nation. Their system is not based on English Common Law. They were established by the French and use Napoleonic Code.

ETA - 2 Officers killed, 2 more officers wounded.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

If it were normal it wouldnt be news.

A family crashing and burning to death in a mini van is normal.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Could some of these shootings be fake or virtual? With made up fake victims, including photos.

We have seen this in Syria with some fake bodies that were acting.

The American public is so brain dead many could think "Scooby Do" cartoons were a historical reenactment.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

This topic has come upa few times in several other threads. I suggested a possibility of something more being present than just random shooting. The shootings lately seem very high profile, as in the shootings themseleves are of such a nature that it becomes national news. I am not big about conspiracies involving the government (or other things for that matter) however I will throw this out for people to think about / add to / refute.

The manner in which the news is reporting has led to some interesting information.
* - The weapons being used seem to be along the same class / types from one to the other (assault style weapons / "common" handguns being used.

The push over the last few years to reign in gun rights... The latest treaty the UN was pushing to restrict gun rights to civilians. Shooting of Rep. Giffords... Shooting in Colorado at the theatre... etc etc etc... As I said in those threads looking at the entire picture instead of incident to incident and a scary picture looks like its taking shape.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofonehunlo
reply to post by -W1LL

Could some of these shootings be fake or virtual? With made up fake victims, including photos.

The American public is so brain dead many could think "Scooby Do" cartoons were a historical reenactment.

HA milk came outta my nose.....its funny cause its true.

Still, don't we see whats happening here? Assault the protectors of man so that they no longer want to protect. Assault the cops until they develop the attitude we have been seeing as of late. Much easier to turn them against the people that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes. exactly my point. and the picture being painted looks like heavily armed "security" in the US for our public safety of course. its the new social security.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes. exactly my point. and the picture being painted looks like heavily armed "security" in the US for our public safety of course. its the new social security.

I forgot to add the incident from yesterday where the person shot the security officer in Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ

What I have noticed about the reporting on that story is the emphesis on the shooters criminal history. There was no history present and he apparently purchased the weapon in August 2012.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting the feeling that this was a specific beef with law enforcement and not one of these shootings with incidental or random victims?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is a response to some comments in this thread that has been closed and moved here.....

Previous Thread

It is not a big secret that many of the Parish Sheriff Dept in the State of LA are corrupt. I am not saying that all of them are I am only pointing out that there has been a large history of police corruption in LA. Different agencies officers and deputies have been involved in everything from rape, murder, drug running, money laundering, planting evidence, loosing evidence, etc. This has been going on for years and anyone who has visited LA especially in larger cites have seen it or dealt with it personally.

With that said I wouldn't be so quick to the conclusion that people are attempting to attack industrial factories...This may just be a case of a few officers that screwed over the wrong criminal.....It happens all the time in the State of LA.

edit on 16-8-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

it's becoming an every day occurrence, not that shooting's already weren't a daily thing in most big cities.

not much info to go on other than whats in the story they are searching for a gunman armed with possibly an AK.
2 officers are confirmed dead and two more in the hospital in surgery.

lets stay focused on this and hope no one else gets hurt.

www.businessinsider.com
edit on 8/16/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

Maybe there is more to this story, there may be a lot more going on here then we realize, I think the Valero refinery is about 10 miles away from this.

Louisiana Sink Hole Potentially HUGE DIRTY BOMB!!!

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I was actually thinking the same thing. People have been evacuated from their homes. And I'm sure there is alot of fear in the air about what going on with this sinkhole.

edit on 16-8-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sounds like a third officer has died at the hospital, several in custody and some of those were also shot.

Here's a thread I started to see if anyone sees a connection to the sinkhole nearby.

Louisiana sinkhole and Valero refinery shooting, is there any connection?

Not sure what to think at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We wonder why Cops have that "itchy" trigger finger. This puts Cops on edge and unfortunately they need to be. The funny part on this thread is had this been the other way around this would have 20+ stars and flags.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofonehunlo
reply to post by -W1LL

Lol no. I live a parish away in St.Charles Parish.About 10 minutes away. Its very much real and that sink hole is very real too.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
We wonder why Cops have that "itchy" trigger finger. This puts Cops on edge and unfortunately they need to be. The funny part on this thread is had this been the other way around this would have 20+ stars and flags.

On edge cops with itchy trigger fingers are what have been causing all the anti police sentiments, how many situations that could have ended with everyone alive have deteriorated into police committing murder?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

MKULTRA.
Cause the crisis, snatch the guns.
End of.
Who is protecting who from whom anymore?
50 shades of gray (not the book).........

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Deputy Sheriff Jeremy Triche -
St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Department, Louisiana - End of Watch: Thursday, August 16, 2012

Deputy Sheriff Brandon Nielsen -
St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Department, Louisiana - End of Watch: Thursday, August 16, 2012

Deputy Brandon Nielsen and Deputy Jeremy Triche were shot and killed while investigating an earlier shooting that injured an officer working an off-duty detail. A vehicle matching the suspect vehicle's description was located in a trailer park. As deputies interviewed one subject, another subject exited a trailer and opened fire, killing Deputies Nielsen and Triche and wounding another.

Five subjects were taken into custody.

Read more: www.odmp.org...

edit on 16-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join