It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to grasp the gravity and magnitude of it all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I've been a member of ATS for a very long time. This forum, although I may not post as much as others is a very amazing and gifted part of the Internet. There are some very admirable people who post here, and the caliber of thought and exchange of ideas is at best... the internet at it's peak.

What I have learned by being an ATS member is to really question reality. From what is propaganda vs. actual reality. What is true government vs. what may actually be tyranny.

Being a member here has taught me to think outside my preprogrammed ideas of what reality is; and know and understand that people with their thoughts and ideas always attempt to influence and pervert the truth. Like there is some selfish agenda within humanity that makes us lie about the way things actually are.

ATS has taught me to think, and question what reality actually is vs. the propaganda of Governments. It helped me take note of tyranny such as Stalin, Hilter and Pol Pot.

That awareness has allowed me to add several other criminals against humanity to that list: George Bush, Queen Elizabeth, Kim Jong Il... anyone who thinks they "rule us". Or ... are above us. Are merely tyrants, criminals against humanity.

ATS has taught me that governments lie about the dangers of Radiation to protect big energy. That oil, pollution and death are really someone else vision of our future. What do they care, if they profit by the death of what we consume.

It's a very mind opening and thought provoking experience to see reality from the Human experience and understand that there are individuals who seek to control others. That we live in a world where man seeks to control man. And that is how it has been for generations, centuries with systems such as the Roman Empire.

ATS has taught me, question it all. This is just another Roman Empire. There are still people who rule over men. We are still slaves struggling for freedom. That what we think is real, is really propaganda and we should think past such systems and know we are free men and women.

ATS has taught me to value being free, and to think freely beyond the systems which seek to control us all.

Thanks ATS! I needed that.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
its a cycle. someday it could be you with all the power, because there is no difference btwn US and THEM.

and that is where the real power is, understanding that.

all that remains is your choice, and living or dying with it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Beautiful elequent simplicity! Too bad the mods will be along to remind you this is the new memebers introduction forums, very soon.

I agree, I was a sheeple until I served, than I spent years searching for the truth, I never found the truth yet, I did find the best source on the net to help clean some of the crap off the window for me, so I might actually have a chance of seeing the bigger picture.

Thanks ATS for being so badass, and thank all you ATSers, seeking the truth is one of the highest callings in life.

Now if I could only manage to deny my own personal ignorance.....I still can't manage a philosophy metaphysics thread without rolling my eyes, even though I know their just as likely to be right as anyone else. Or the religious or predictions forums, I just can't manage to believe most of those threads.

Yet I can readily believe the .gov is plotting against us all without any doubt in my mind, lol. At least I know I am biased and ignorant I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
its a cycle. someday it could be you with all the power, because there is no difference btwn US and THEM.

and that is where the real power is, understanding that.

all that remains is your choice, and living or dying with it.

The only true power is kindness.

It is love.

That is what life should be about. Not control, war, greed or violence. Love.

I think we all know that, partly due to having parents or children of our own that love is the real deal and caring, not controlling is what makes us real humans.

If I had all the power in the Universe, that power would be love, and I would love you all with it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Beautiful elequent simplicity! Too bad the mods will be along to remind you this is the new memebers introduction forums, very soon.

You certainly called that

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I agree, I was a sheeple until I served, than I spent years searching for the truth, I never found the truth yet, I did find the best source on the net to help clean some of the crap off the window for me, so I might actually have a chance of seeing the bigger picture.

Thanks ATS for being so badass, and thank all you ATSers, seeking the truth is one of the highest callings in life.

Now if I could only manage to deny my own personal ignorance.....I still can't manage a philosophy metaphysics thread without rolling my eyes, even though I know their just as likely to be right as anyone else. Or the religious or predictions forums, I just can't manage to believe most of those threads.

Yet I can readily believe the .gov is plotting against us all without any doubt in my mind, lol. At least I know I am biased and ignorant I guess.

May the truth set us free...

The rest is all tyranny.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Well put! I am struggling more & more with trying to pretend, living in the present as noone wants to discuss what's happening & if the conversation comes up of what is going on it's only incident related & never about the reality of that which is. More & more it's a false, fantasy view from the majority.

The ones that captivate my thought & who I seek connection are those that can think outside the box, not in some fixed format of preprogrammed earthly configuration but for themselves. I understand a younger person in their yrs of learning of self, where identity is yet amassing, however mature adults, the bulk of, live in a world where their rose colored glasses fog the truth.

If this were a mundane state of affairs (what is occuring in the world) it would not be such a travesty. But, there's an elephant in the room, & noone's talking.

This website is one of the best news sources out there, a conglomoration of bringing current events, & view points almost instantaneously. Thank you for the thread. I've been wanting to post as well, this feeling of frustration with the here & now, face to face, where people hush, hush & pretend.

One is brought into the world with, Disney movies, Santa Claus, & the Easter Bunny. I guess if I were to compare how I feel right now, it's as if I am waiting for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, but it's JESUS, & the reality is the world is imploding.

There is no true government safety anymore. The nets of protection are like webs of confusion. The truth lies in one's faith, ability to truth their higher power, GOD. My beliefs of Christianity are truely my only confort. I pray that there is one or two perhaps who will be nearby on that day of darkness which is on the horizon.

The truth is The Light (of Christ, which is my view), The Holy Spirit, & The Sword (spiritual).
Internet is a blessing that one can dig deeper, it becomes the filter, not masking but clearing away darkness.

I also desire truth and do not see inside the box, I see dimensionally. Righteousness comes with risks but strength of character is a virtue hard to surpass. The quantum leap is upon us. Many have their eyes shut & no not where they'll land, others eyes open & guided by The Light (God's Pure Light).

It's getting much harder for me to play the game of those that pretend & as you say & totally agree, at least at ATS I can read & write, truth (& by discerning grace, His Truth one can live & endure).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

thats great but unrealistic when people who want to kill you dont feel the same.

and you are ignoring the fact that you, too, are capable of abusing others. this is why i brought up choice.

love works but its only part of your tool kit.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Again, thank you so much for this thread, I think many need to talk about this & you summarize/write well.

I have a friend who is receptive to these things of the world, he is the only one I can discuss in plain terms what is going on. There are times even he struggles with seeing all of this but he doesn't need to pretend & is not drawn in by by the masses.

Yes, it is about kndness, giving to others. He & I are on this mission of finding others that need help & seeing what we can do, literally (to help). There are so many now more than ever suffering from job loss, depression & confusion over what is going on in the world.

This forum & other websites like it which allow freedom of speech to discuss current events, ideas of what is going on & the choice to believe that which resonates, is a blessing.

new topics

top topics

join