It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of Far North Queensland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
hi all didn't really know where to post this thread but I figure here is as good a place as any.

So I had a fight with the garbage man the other day because he refused to pick up my second bin, becase it was not "an official council bin" the bin in question was the exact same size, shape and colour as a regulation bin, he tells me to contact the council to reques another.

So I do, at which point I am informed that it will take my time in the filling out and processing of many forms and regular payments of hundreds of dollars.

now correct me if i'm wrong but is not the reason we pay taxes and home owners pay rates for things just like GARBAGE COLLECTION???

I mean if one could clearly see the money being spent elswhere perhaps then, but around here it clearly is not. The Bruce Highway which extends all along the queensland coast is in a horrible condition, people have been complaining for an upgrade for over 10 years and still nothing is done. people die on this road WAY more frequently than that of a tollerable level.

and unfortunatlety on the last state election a bunch of fools decided to vote Liberal, and now we have Mr. Campbell Newman for premier who has already cut thousands of jobs (mainly in the public sector) and is thretening to cut literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN TOTAL!

If Tony Abbot gets in the big seat, were all finished, especially disabled pensioners like me.

anyone else living in the state have an opinion, please share.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
What does any of this have to do with establishing a far north Queensland state?

Seriously...what is the point of this thread other that the fact that you are just rambling on???

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
the point of the thread is I am looking for like minded people who share my opinion, and by state of the area i refer to the condition it's in. where are you from, do you know anything of queensland politics? there are MANY angrey people here at the moment and we have just as much right to complain as anyone else

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blazingdefiance

Sorry mate but if you need more than one bin, your either not recycling or very wasteful. Anyway your council rates pay for the garbage collection not the state government.

Try leaving a six pack on the extra bin next time, never know your luck

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazingdefiance
hi all didn't really know where to post this thread but I figure here is as good a place as any.

and unfortunatlety on the last state election a bunch of fools decided to vote Liberal, and now we have Mr. Campbell Newman for premier who has already cut thousands of jobs (mainly in the public sector) and is thretening to cut literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN TOTAL!

If Tony Abbot gets in the big seat, were all finished, especially disabled pensioners like me.

anyone else living in the state have an opinion, please share.

Yeah its terrible that newman is trying to streamline the super efficient public sector.
Now stop complaining about a system that I pay for and you live off.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Same down here in Melbourne Mate, they'll give you one bin.which you pay for in your rates. But a second bin will cost you quite a bit. There's no Nth Queensland bias there, It is what it is. As for the Polly's it doesn't matter who's in power Labour or Liberal it's the scum above them that pull all the strings. Thats the problem with 2 party Governments, you get the Liberal moron or the Labour Moron. Not much of a choice really.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
the reaseon we were requiring more than one bin is because there are 9 people living in our house who all live seperatley and have their own waste, we've decided to resolve the issue by using compost heaps and recycling what we can, unfortunatley the recycling system in cairns is poor at best but we will do what we can

yeah I know i shouldn't be complaing about the system I live of as I have only returned to the pension last week since then i had been working full time for the past year. i'm not happy about it but unfortunatley I don't have a choice.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

Same down here in Melbourne Mate, they'll give you one bin.which you pay for in your rates. But a second bin will cost you quite a bit. There's no Nth Queensland bias there, It is what it is. As for the Polly's it doesn't matter who's in power Labour or Liberal it's the scum above them that pull all the strings. Thats the problem with 2 party Governments, you get the Liberal moron or the Labour Moron. Not much of a choice really.

wow so you guys get it to hey? and yeah as for the pollies, i couldn't have said it better as south park says "we've been given the right to choose between a douche and a turd"

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
i for one am totally happy to hear that australians are getting angry. about time australians would say stop, enough is enough. for too long have i been waiting for this ! for too long have you guys said nothing. and i don't mean only because of the green rubbish bins.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
lol sounds like a scam. Im in adelaide and the council here replace my bins with no charge or paper work. Then the catch is im in good suburb and pay high council quaterly rates.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

Why should Australians get angry? Well we are out of the way of the rest of the world. Where in south pacific and on a large island with a huge rock and even larger supply of grog. The only real habitable parts are on coastal areas and in between its a desert expanse. Hence why we need a lot of beer for them excursions into the firey expanse...i think you can get the picture.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

...now correct me if i'm wrong but is not the reason we pay taxes and home owners pay rates for things just like GARBAGE COLLECTION???
You do pay rates for garbage collection - usually for a 1 x 120 or 1 x 240 Lt bin....anything up and above that is additional and needs to be pre-arranged with your local council - this isn't a State issue.

I mean if one could clearly see the money being spent elswhere perhaps then, but around here it clearly is not. The Bruce Highway which extends all along the queensland coast is in a horrible condition, people have been complaining for an upgrade for over 10 years and still nothing is done. people die on this road WAY more frequently than that of a tollerable level.
The Bruce Hwy is a shocker, I agree.... it's a national Hwy which is state funded and supported with Federal grants - don't expect any significant upgrades in the near future, period.

So I had a fight with the garbage man the other day because he refused to pick up my second bin, becase it was not "an official council bin"
The dude was only doing what he's instructed to do and according to his schedule.

Abbott or whoever, tough times ahead.

Take care.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Perhaps because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Show me one council in Australia that isn't corrupt to the hilt and i will show you an acrobatic, Violin playing sloth riding a unicorn, with his team of flying pigs, through Iran screaming "I'm GAY and i LOVE it!!!"

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

I think in OZ we've had it a bit better than in other countries. We've always generally had freedom of speech and in most ways a pretty fair go, even our leaders have been pretty laid back( think Bob Hawke ).
But the last five years or so have gotten worse, In Victoria the fines for speeding are ridiculous, I was just slugged $176 for doing 75kph in a 70 zone. Yes I was speeding but I had just left an 80kph zone and wasn't aware of the sudden change.
But there are so many things that have changed for the worst, we are also headed for a Totalitarion regime, we are just a bit behind other countries.
I think it's a worldwide phenomenon.
Orwell had it right, Big brother is watching you. All part of TPTB'S masterplan.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

That's funny! And very true.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I hope your not drinking South Australian beer. For a hard earned thirst. You need an Ice cold beer. And the best cold beer is not West End. Although Coopers isn't bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yeah fair call 9 in one place does create alot of garbage, another way to reduce your garbage is to try and avoid pre packaged foods. Sorry about the low blow on the pension,just finished doing my taxes.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Nah once the newman culling stops and the state defecit is back in order there willbe vast amounts of money in qld, jobs galore. Ride the tough times out and then enjoy the benefits

Upskill and educate be prepared for the dream job.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You can blame Labor for bad roads and leaving no money for the Liberals to do anything about it now.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Yeah, the bin collectors can be arrogant and sometimes very rude. I don't know whether its just them or whether they dont like their job or something.

About the highway along the coast, I was in Nth QLD about 6-7 weeks ago and one thing I did notice was the amount of road works that were happening. Compared to Victoria, QLD is actually a lot better. Everywhere we turned, roadworks were everywhere.

From Townsville pretty much all the way down.. Don't know whther you are further up and referring to the roads up there, but yeah
edit on 16-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join