It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesnt Google Shopping Return Any Results on Vitamins or Supplements in the US?!?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Honestly who cares....

Why use google shopping anyhow?
You want your purchases to be even MORE tracked than they already are?

I shop for vitamins online, never ever used google shopping.

I would say it is cause for concern when the internet's largest gatekeeper chooses to restrict an action which many find essential for quality of life.

Can you still get what you're looking for? Sure, for now.

This appears to me to be a first strike toward forcing smaller companies out of business. The strongest will survive, and charge more money in the future (along with prescription requirements).

Maybe they want us dead, but for the time being I think they'll settle for us being totally dependent.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
looks like all results for health and beauty is not working for US.

search for shampoo and related beauty products in addition for supplements are blocked , however they have recently turn on the support nutrition results also, this was display no result few weeks ago I been following them very closely and we heard back from Google public relations that it is a known issue. they are being very cryptive about this .. see the post has some inserting articles regarding FDA and Google HUSH HUSH !

see www.healthychronicle.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Honestly who cares....

Well, it's pretty simple...and it surprises me how few seem to understand what this action implies and where it could lead.

But first, allow me to begin with this. In direct answer to your question, if Google has decided to act out of a sense of 'corporate moral obligation' (if such a thing even exists) to discourage the sale of a certain class of lawful consumer products, then my interest diminishes significantly in this topic. For me it would be similar to the Chick-fil-A nonsense. They are a private entity and are free to determine which business activities they wish to engage in. If you don't like their business, then don't engage them. Plain and simple.

BUT...

Here we have Google, one of the most influential private entities in the history of commerce, making this profound change, eliminating an entire class of lawful consumer products that many people rely upon and even see as essential to their continued health and well-being, without notice or explanation-- and for some inexplicable reason only in the United States! As this thread already demonstrates, they have not restricted these products elsewhere.

On this basis, I find the 'moral' corporate policy motivation to be a very unlikely explanation for the change.

So, what that leaves us with are other possibilities... some very disturbing, if indeed true.

Perhaps Google was made to eliminate this class of consumer products as a consequence of some government pressure seeking to accomplish under cover of darkness what the government cannot otherwise accomplish more publicly. It is already well documented there are many in the FDA and Congress who seek to openly restrict and regulate the sale of herbs, vitamins and other supplements. If this explanation is true, then I think every American should have their hackles raised. We've seen similar government abuses through the use of unlawful coercion to advance government policy in other contexts. In a free and open society, I should think that we would all find this of great concern.

Or perhaps this is simply a predatory commercial move by Google to eliminate competition in a class of consumer products, either in collusion with other commercial entities or for its own interests. Remember, Google Shopping makes available to consumers information about best pricing- the consequence of which significantly benefits consumers by encouraging true competitive rates for items. If this change is made out of motivation to 'kill the small guy' and gain competitive advantage to the benefit of Google and its beneficiaries, that too is bad for Americans and should raise ample concern. I don't know about you, but I abhor such market manipulations to the great disadvantage of consumers.

There are other more outrageous possibilities for the change.... I'm quite certain YOU could come up with a few of your own.

In any event, I make the following comment not in particular response to your post, but more generally to those out there who seem equally baffled by why this topic may be important.....what the hell are you all thinking????

For a conspiracy board, where every nuance of the most outrageous topics is expertly dissected, why is it when the real stuff comes along, people seem clueless of the perils implied by such things?

It's funny at one level and frightening at another.

I guess that's why we are in the state of affairs we are in the world today... *sigh*

Oh, well. You know what they say about leading horses to water...

edit on 17-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
David Icke predicted this a long time ago, all sites will be removed eventually so too will all vitamins and supplements be removed from supermarket shelve, you will only be able to get them on prescription, start stocking up now while you can store in cool dark place. BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE, they will kill most of us off eventually.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its working for me, I'm from Argentina, the search returns About 14,600,000 results (0.39 seconds), it's in English and US dollars, however my location is not set, I set it in the us now: "Your location: Houston, TX 77006" still works with the same number of results, probably it knows im not in the states because of my IP but its definitely providing a list based on US products.

By the way I just used the link provided www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by foofighter00

So the setting must not control it. Can you run a NY one, just to be sure?

It's one I tried earlier in the thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It works fine here in Australia. thank goodness

try searching for a specific name like spirulina ect ect

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ok, I tried NYC and I got even more results, I'm trying to do it by using anonysurf but so far the site wont load.
Definitly it is linking my IP for location, otherwise u should see the same thing. At least those lists still exist, you could try behind a proxy.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Perhaps it's...
video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Start stocking up on pure ascorbic acid powder. It is a pure form of C, the most concentrated, and highly effective. You can get a large amount of this, and it can last a very long time. I have kicked many illnesses with one tablespoon of it mixed in juice.

I usually get mine in bulk at a HFS in the city.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Are you in Germany?

The US version comes up with no results:

US Version

I see results in that one too, maybe its just you?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I guess this answer somewhat why, but zero-zilch-null-nada returns are still suspicious!

All products submitted to Google Shopping must adhere to Google AdWords policies

Google Shopping policies

Google AdWords restricts the promotion of healthcare-related products and services

Healthcare and Medicines - What's the policy?

If advertisement for the product is prohibited without certifications and registrations, the product can not be submitted to Google shopping.
edit on 18-8-2012 by nakiel because: gravity

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Works fine in Australia. It seems to be just US where the results of a search are restricted, but I guess you have realised that by now. If you send me so $$$ in Paypal I will send over some vitamins for you, although if your diet is healthy enough they are just a waste of money.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Codex Alimentarius rearing its ugly head.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

No. It's clearly not me.

Oddly enough, it seems this thread has more of its participants from outside the US.

So far, I think only one other US poster was able to retrieve results- but from a single work based network only. As I understood it, he didn't get results on his personal devices.

edit on 18-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just tried it with Twinkies and I can find and buy all the Twinkies I want. Obviously Google isn't doing this out of an abundance of caution for our health and well being...

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Exactly.

It's amazing they haven't explained this, which I assume is because so few people seem to know about it.

When I've mentioned this to people in my personal life, they don't believe it at first. Then they see and ask me why?

Hell, if I know.

Ironic.

edit on 18-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I used your link....typed in "selenium"
and got these results.....so, it works for me in the US.
edit on Sat Aug 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: FIXED TAG

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

What state are you located in?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Michigan....can I ask, why use google shopping...I didn't even know they had that service....but for shopping I generally use Yahoo! search

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join