It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesnt Google Shopping Return Any Results on Vitamins or Supplements in the US?!?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Originally posted by djr33222
This could be due to the fact that in most states vitamins are not taxable... Don't know if this was mentioned yet or not.

2nd.

No, that hasn't been mention in this thread yet.

Do you know how CA addresses that issue?
edit on 16-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yeah, hopefully this gets some more attention

I'll try it again when I get home from work, I have a different isp and we'll see if I get the same results.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This rabbit hole is actually quite fun. No matter how I phrase it, or which search engine I use - all roads lead back to this ( and two other ) conspiracy forums.

Very odd that there's no official statement or easy to find reason.

Good find Loam!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Hefficide

I hope we can get other California people to hit that link.

CA Bay area here

Link and searches do not work for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Sure do...

www.vitaminshoppe.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Originally posted by Hefficide
This rabbit hole is actually quite fun. No matter how I phrase it, or which search engine I use - all roads lead back to this ( and two other ) conspiracy forums.

Very odd that there's no official statement or easy to find reason.

Good find Loam!

Crazy, isn't it?

reply to post by Cyprex

Originally posted by Cyprex
CA Bay area here

Link and searches do not work for me.

OK, so it's not a California thing.

Hmmmm..... This is really hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Given Cyprex's post, I think we can rule this issue out as potentially the reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Still at work, so I havent tried my home comp yet, but searching for "one a day" on my android phone does NOT yield any results.

So it appears that my work computer is the only one so far that can still access vitamins on google shopping results.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

The internet tax situation is interesting.... When is this supposed to start?

Also, the FDA is first going after "chelation", or "detox", These are the compounds that people with children who believe vaccines with mercury are causing atutistic symptoms are using to "cure" the kids.

Controversial subject, but an Italian court recently sided with the people agaisnt the vaccine pharma companies saying that yes the vaccines are causing autism.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

What physical location does your work IP resolve to?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
wow guys, after reading the posts, i'm thinking it's a regional thing, maybe ??
in FL, no problems with GShopping. i don't use it regularly but checked after reading this thread.
searched vitamins by name, herbal supplements, herbal detox, one a day, centrum silver and a few others and got page results for everything.

searched for 9mm ammunition too and got plenty of results.
so, what IS the story here ... and why does it seem to be a regional issue ??

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

If I change to a FL location, I still get nothing.

Can you post a url and image?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You can buy vitamins a million different places on the internet. This is not a big deal.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Originally posted by RealSpoke
You can buy vitamins a million different places on the internet. This is not a big deal.

I can see you haven't read why I think otherwise in this thread.

Move along then...

Some people are too damned funny.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I didn't read every single post, so I hope I'm not repeating this:

Click this link to their "Merchant's Help Center" and see all of the questions popping up about this issue. Seems like some were having trouble for a while. I'd like a valid explanation for not letting the public at large know why, and these paying merchants especially, why they just quietly deleted these search terms from the shopping area, in the US only, it seems.

productforums.google.com...#!searchin/merchant-center/vitami ns

Very strange... you're going to have to copy/paste the link into the URL. It morphed when I used the LINK option. Here it is. Maybe, LoL...

productforums.google.com...#!searchin/merchant-center/vitamins

edit on 8/16/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

Let's try it this way. Copy paste into URL then take out all of the spaces...

http :// productforums. google .com /forum /#!searchin /merchant-center /vitamins

edit on 8/16/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Can you fix your link? It just brings me to the generic forum page.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Just searching generically for the issue, however, I see new posts from today like this one:

I lost my job because of the new Google Shop and Comparison

I’m writing this letter to you in reference to the recent change with Google and the screw up that is still not fixed and how the business I work for, www.imedmart.com, is going out of business. Since the new system for shop and comparison was set up all beauty and health websites have taken a huge blow to the business. Imedmart.com is an online store that provides quality, brand name health supplements at a reasonable price. Imedmart presents products and processes orders online, avoiding a retail set-up and passing on all the savings to our customers. With an inventory of over 20,000 products consumer has a vast selection option. Imedmart.com is a privately owned company, which has managed a business by providing best product quality and customer satisfaction in the industry. In April and May of this year we were bringing in $138,000 in sales. Then in July after the new system was implemented we only brought in $39,000. That is a loss of $100,000 all because Google messed up and hasn’t made any changes to try and fix anything. We cannot get a hold of anyone for answers and now our company is no longer surviving and everyone has lost their jobs because of it. I was just informed today that the company can no longer afford me, their last standing employee.

Just to give you a little idea of how bad the Google shopping is now if you go to Google shopping page and type in ‘vitamins’ nothing comes up!

I am hoping that this letter reaches the right hands and that we can get some answers and I can get my job back. Google is in complete control of the market that we thrive on everyday. I will be forwarding this email to as many people in the article network to get the message out there that jobs are being cut because of Google’s wrongdoing.

ETA:

After playing around with it, I'm still not seeing that many posts on the subject. Are these being removed?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hey, fixed the link, but had to get creative to get it to even post it! Go back to my post and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Nice.

But notice how there are only two threads on the subject in July? And each only have a single reply?

How is that possible?

Do you think they may be deleting more recent threads?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well considering how many merchants out there are getting screwed over, I do find it puzzling there aren't pages upon pages of complaints/questions. They must be drinking their fluoride water like good people... or posts are getting deleted!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join