It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research into a Paranormal World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What a fascinating experience. I think you and your friends should try to set her free. Maybe she doesn't know she is dead. She must find the light somehow and be free of this world.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Due to some interest in the EVPs I will try to put them into a video format sometime this weekend. I will include the original audio from the last section of the story but will have to edit out the last name of my colleague. The rest of what I have I will tack onto it as well. I will run each clip multiple times so the video doesn't have to replay over and over. Most of them are clipped around the EVPs anyway so if I didn't it would be a short video.

As a generalized response, I was all too happy to share the story with you all. I apologize for the length but most of it was required to fully understand the end result. It is indeed true but I do understand the skepticism. Like I said in the beginning I didn't believe in ghosts until I hit twenty five. I would always try to come up with logical explanations to everything I encountered. In a way I still try to but there is some bias there because of what I went through.

Please also understand that while these events were terrifying to me to an extent, they were not the only things that switched my beliefs. I omitted around 4k words (not characters) from the overall experience. I opted to share this experience first. Not only does the "sacrifice" set the stage for what happened later but it is also the most believable of what happened. The rest I have a hard time believing myself and I was the person who went through the experiences.

For the more specific questions asked of me I will answer in time. I write this from my phone at work (I still work for the same hospital, albeit psych and medical are now merged into one building) so I lack the ability to quote effectively.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity911

I didn't believe in ghosts until I turned twenty five years old. Prior, I was always a skeptic to claims of paranormal experiences. I believed wholeheartedly that there was a logical explanation to people's delusions of spirits terrorizing their lives and keeping them up at night. Whether the witnesses were truly delusional, fell victim to hype and mass hysteria, or their brains were putting an illogical spin to a logical event, I didn't know. But I knew, without a doubt, ghosts could not exist. That narrow minded thinking came crashing down over the course of months, as I delved deeply into the paranormal world.

I always get a huge smile on my face when a skeptic becomes a believer. It makes me think 'Well, we tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen.'

I lived with a ghost from age 6 until my mid-teens. I used to get so frustrated because my parents thought it was all my imagination. Then one day after I was grown and moved out, it started doing things to my Mother.

Not that I enjoyed her being frightened, but I was glad she finally experienced things, and knew I wasn't crazy.

You shared a truly frightening experience! Sorry it took something so traumatic to make you a believer. This was a true demon appearing as a little girl. I saw a similar show on "The Haunted" or "A Haunting" a couple of months ago. Demons can disguise themselves to be whatever they want to serve their purpose.

I'm glad you got it out of your life. Now, my only question is, why in the world would you go back and investigate again with a different friend?!

If I had encountered a demon, you couldn't drag me back there for a million dollars! A million and one.... maybe.

Great story! Be safe in the future. You may not be as lucky next time.

edit on 8/17/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity911

Due to some interest in the EVPs I will try to put them into a video format sometime this weekend.

Best that you thoroughly explain how you recorded them or somebody might come along and shoot your EVPs full of well deserved criticism.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If it is a demon, why on earth is it haunting the hospital?
How did it get there? What does your lady friend sense about that?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In any case, the ease with which you can find information on the Internet has resulted in more and more lazy and careless research. Recently, an interviewed book author admitted that much of his “research” was done on the Internet. From blogs to message board posts, the author in question grabbed material that appeared to support the book’s point of view without actually vetting the information to see if it had any basis in fact.

While it’s nice to have so much data at your beck and call, it only makes the process of research that much harder. You have to look for confirmation, and check the sources themselves to see if they are reliable, or just individual bloggers or message board posters making off-the-wall comments about one thing or another.

Saying “I found it on the Internet” is meaningless when it comes to researching a subject so fraught with confusion and controversy. Unless the material is somehow verified, it’s useless.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join