It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Resurrection of Jesus is historically probable

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've always wondered about all the other people that also resurrected (and these are truly described as "resurrected", and not a mixture between resuscitation and ghost-like behavior).

According to Matthew 27:51-54 the bodies of many saints arose from their graves and went into the holy city and appeared unto many.

Now that seems like quite a significant event.

It cannot be put down to something else, like a personality altering stroke in the case of St. Paul, or like a cult willing to suffer and martyr themselves (which is pretty pedestrian behavior, even in our times, and would be most memorably repeated by the Cathars).

These saints rose from their graves and appeared to many!
Did anybody else record this astounding event outside the Bible?
I mean it's virtually just a passing footnote in the Bible.

Did they go back to their graves afterwards?

I'm just wondering if any body has more information on this claim.
edit on 4-9-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Or more than likely it never happened!

Let's imagine they rose from their graves as bodies and not ghosts. They undoubtedly will have started to decompose and won't have been a pretty sight.

You would think the bible would make a big deal out of zombies walking the earth.

It's such a load of rubbish, people should be encouraged to burn holy books not punished. They have brought far more trouble than they are worth.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I've always wondered about all the other people that also resurrected (and these are truly described as "resurrected", and not a mixture between resuscitation and ghost-like behavior).

According to Matthew 27:51-54 the bodies of many saints arose from their graves and went into the holy city and appeared unto many.

Now that seems like quite a significant event.

It cannot be put down to something else, like a personality altering stroke in the case of St. Paul, or like a cult willing to suffer and martyr themselves (which is pretty pedestrian behavior, even in our times, and would be most memorably repeated by the Cathars).

These saints rose from their graves and appeared to many!
Did anybody else record this astounding event outside the Bible?
I mean it's virtually just a passing footnote in the Bible.

Did they go back to their graves afterwards?

I'm just wondering if any body has more information on this claim.
edit on 4-9-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Try Pilate's letters. Here's a snippet:

Now when he was crucified, there was darkness over all the world and the sun was
obscured for half a day, and the stars appeared, but no lustre was seen in them; and the moon lost its brightness, as though tinged with blood; and the world of the departed was swallowed up;so that the very sanctuary of the temple, as they call it, did not appear to the Jews themselves at their fall, but they perceived a chasm in the earth, and the rolling of successive thunders.

And amid this terror the dead appeared rising again, as the Jews themselves bore witness, and said that it was Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the twelve patriarchs, and Moses, and Job, who had died before, as they say, some three thousand five hundred years. And there were very many whom I myself saw appearing in the body, and they made lamentation over the Jews, because of the transgression which was committed by them, and because of the destruction of the Jews and of their law.

And the terror of the earthquake continued from the sixth hour of the preparation until the ninth hour; and when it was evening on the first day of the week, there came a sound from heaven, and the heaven became seven times more luminous than on all other days.

And at the third hour of the night the sun appeared more luminous than it had ever shone, lighting up the whole hemisphere. And as lightningflashes suddenly come forth in a storm, so there were seen men, lofty in stature, and surpassing in glory, a countless host, crying out, and their voice was heard as that of exceedingly loud thunder, Jesus that was crucified is risen again: come up from Hades ye that were enslaved in the subterraneous recesses of Hades. www.aren.org...

Also, try Pilate's letters to Tiberius and Augustus or anything about his wife, Claudia Procula.
edit on 4/9/2012 by teapot because: add link

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Call me when an imaginary man created by Flavian authors resurrects himself. I most certainly want to be there. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join