It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant snakes in the Congo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As far as snakes go, im not too worried about them....even though I would not want to come across a giant one.

Now giant spiders are another story.

What I would do if confronted by a giant spider in order.

1.scream like a school girl
2.lose all bowel and bladder control
3.hope to hell I have a shot gun with me at the time.
4.probably pass out.

I don't even like small ones even though I know the good they do in keeping the insect population down.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
On Monster Quest, they were looking for large snakes in Florida and found some around 15 feet. I actually like snakes, but if they are big enough to eat me, I would keep clear.
I think spiders are cool and have seen some (tarantulas) as pets. My sister freaks out at them.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
r u sure u are not referring to the movie anaconda

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman Boys and Girls

I give you the anaconda ball pit!

CLICKY!!

Now add about 30-40 feet to these and you gain some respect for the big ones!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by machityl

Large anacondas are real cryptids. As in not necessarily in existence but they are really categorized as a cryptid. Reports of them date back far before Hollywood.

[edit on 6/4/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deepwaters

In a book I read yrs ago, snakes were seen and shot at with the girth of an oil drum, 300 ft+. I think it was A. C Clarke . I t was seen by a whole village. i`ll try to get more info... dig book out if still round. sorry to be so vague,...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The OP states an anaconda was witnessed in the Congo...anacondas are not indigenous to Africa...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

hi.
the longest known snake was a python , I believe she was called Queenie at 28 ft + dunno if she`s still alive, but the heavy weights are the anocondas. Pythons are found in part of Asia & Africa, Anacondas are as far as I know South American?? They say snakes kept in zoos & such have a greater chance to grow bigger than in the wild! What if a snake had a really good food supply? maybe 50 yrs + ?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Heres a pic my mother sent to me during the Australian Queensland floods last year, it was taken up north somewhere.

Snake

I dont know what type of snake it is, but its pretty big.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Brett

Hi Brett, Check out this link. I love this site and I hope you find it resourceful in the future.
Vance

Fake Snake Pic

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thanks mate, i should have realised it was wasnt real, i just took it on face value.

It come from my Mum probably the main generation for getting dupped so easy

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brett
Thanks mate, i should have realised it was wasnt real, i just took it on face value.

It come from my Mum probably the main generation for getting dupped so easy

Thread created in 2003 lol
took almost 10 yrs to finaly debunk ?

Created a thread last yrs about a giant snake
The most biggest snake ever caught and killed, 60ft... THE REAL KING OF THE JUNGLE

edit on 5/20/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Couple of things i'd like to add.

The the old world (asia, africa) do not have boas of any sort. The snake in the congo would not be a boa or anaconda (which is a type of boa).

The old world has only pythons. So the animal they would be looking for would not be a boa or anaconda.

Second, having owned boas before I can confirm that they have "claws" near their anal flap on both sides are a pair of small spurs. they look like tinsy claws. They are in fact the vestiges of what used to be their legs. they can even articulate them a little bit. You have to look carefully though because they are no bigger than the scales of the snake, although usually of different color. Ie if the scales on the belly are cream colored the spurs will be rust brown or something similar.

Personally I believe that there have got to be a few monster sized pythons and boas out there. Maybe even 40 feet somewhere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join