It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

is this the one you looking for?

whoops lerroy beat me to it
edit on 16-8-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

This is great! Man... Ok.

I can't do this. Can you somehow get me the first 42 of them? I don't know how we will transfer, but I really want those. Help a brotha out.
Karma will reward you.

I just hope this isn't considered hacking the site because then we are really in the crapper! THANK YOU FOR FINDING A WAY!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You and Choos are my dudes! Great job!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I wish there was a universal date format. I spent a while looking at the dates in the OPs picture and the date on the site that the picture was posted, and thinking "OMG these pictures are from the future!"
Go easy on me, I've not long woken up

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

S&F for your thread. I don't think you were crazy.

That said, I downloaded your picture for a closer look. I don't think anyone may have picked up on this, and I think this is why NASA may have shaded this part of the picture out and/or made it low resolution.

What you see in the circle are particles of sand so I believe. NASA may be trying to sensor this part for two reasons:

a) sand is found around all oceans and sea beds, so this either could be Earth sand (where NASA is shooting a FAKE photo), or...
b) this sand is in fact on MARS and could PROVE that there is (or are) elements of matter related to oceans, and therefore water on MARS.

You guys take your pick of my theories above. All comments on my post are welcome. Thank you

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

LOL np dude..."Originally posted by (Hellas)" was the post I read first..so kudos to him/her
I just kept messing around with it and figured it out and remembered what phage had said about a java coding error

The way i do it, Go here first
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Then pick an image(say the first one)
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Now see the full resolution link?(right under image credit
lh6.googleusercontent.com...

Once that page opens up just edit the "I" to an "E"

Sorry for all the links.. I dont know how to embed haha..as much as I wanted this to be something seems its just a website coding error

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

could also be rock fragments

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Looks like dirt to me. BUTTTT

Sand n
A loose granular substance, typically pale yellowish brown, resulting from the erosion of siliceous and other rocks and forming a major constituent of beaches, riverbeds, the seabed, and deserts

Sand is a naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles. The composition of sand is highly variable, depending on the local rock sources and conditions, but the most common constituent of sand in inland continental settings and non-tropical coastal settings is silica (silicon dioxide, or SiO2), usually in the form of quartz.

The second most common form of sand is calcium carbonate, for example aragonite, which has mostly been created, over the past half billion years, by various forms of life like coral and shellfish. It is, for example, the primary form of sand apparent in areas where reefs have dominated the ecosystem for millions of years, like the Caribbean.

Sand doesnt need an ocean to form, but it could be quartz "sand" tho? Dunno im not a rock person.

Also, didnt they prove theres water on mars ages ago?

Edit - dont get me wrong this is pretty awesome tho.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Works for me too.

It's easy, Impaired.

You got it working yet?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Although you are partially right on this one, most of the US and Canadian oceans do contain gray sand...just saying

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You are too geek for ATS, and that is why we love you

link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins

LOL np dude..."Originally posted by (Hellas)" was the post I read first..so kudos to him/her
I just kept messing around with it and figured it out and remembered what phage had said about a java coding error

The way i do it, Go here first
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Then pick an image(say the first one)
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Now see the full resolution link?(right under image credit
lh6.googleusercontent.com...

Once that page opens up just edit the "I" to an "E"

Sorry for all the links.. I dont know how to embed haha..as much as I wanted this to be something seems its just a website coding error

Got it! I didn't click the "full resolution link"!

I wish I could give you guys a hug. You have made my friggin year. Bravo, gentlemen. Bravo. Time to get to work!!!

And you guys will get credit in the next and final thread I post about SOL 3 in regards to finding the missing data. You guys - seriously - are my heroes.

link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Spruk

Although you are partially right on this one, most of the US and Canadian oceans do contain gray sand...just saying

*shrug*, I'm no rock person
, Rocks are just not animated enough for my likings

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Spruk

*shrug*, I'm no rock person
, Rocks are just not animated enough for my likings

Then instead on reading theory on sand vs oceans, I suggest you go outside to a nearby ocean, grab your shovel, and go harvest some soil. Analyze the soil, and see what you find. You don't need to be a geo-engineer to identify what is on the end of your shovel

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Works for me too.

It's easy, Impaired.

You got it working yet?

Yes! I saw what I was doing wrong!

Give it up for the heroes, folks. Now it's time to make an awesome pano. I just hope I can pull it off. That was my first. I'm an audio engineer (not professionally - I wish). I never messed with images.

But I will stay up for days if I have to so I can get this right.

I just really hope, like I said, it's not considered hacking.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Of course i do!

But seriously tho its a good pickup.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

In other news, ATS member Impaired has just sold his complete Gigapan image to Reuters for $15,000. Impaired commented on how 'he did a lot of hard work but after the efforts of him and him alone discovered a way of finding the high res images on NASA's site, he was able complete this work and find the highest bidder.

edit on 16-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

i have been reading your threads/posts and i have to say you have something here. i'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing. the situation is odd.

quick question:
do you still have all the photos on your hard drive? if so, start a thread with just the pictures. see what happens. maybe get another visit from that henryconspire guy.

i'll be watching these threads, curious to see how this all works out.

good luck

-subfab

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Good catch about the rocks already embedded in the wheel. But how does it get there? In order to be stuck in this depression the wheels have to turn and the rover move over the ground. But is the rover already driving around (officially)?
Heard something about software updates and system checks. Nothing about 'we are driving around there already'. Maybe the wheels turned during a system test but still a bit strange to see it there.

On the other hand you can see this even in the thumbnail. Not really good quality but good enough to see it so this can't be the reason to hide the high quality pic.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

glad to have helped..your work looked great from the last thread so def keep it up! Might be working for NASA soon.....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join