It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I bet therover's and someone elses egos just went up a notch in regards to my last post.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by arianna

You are talking about the mastcam images? Those aren't really "very close views" and no high resolution images have been made available. I don't know why the subframe images are monochrome (that may have something to do with the "grid") but the thumbnails are not. Perhaps when the full resolution images are available they will also be full color.

If you want "very close views" you should use the chemcam images. I'm sure you will be able to find plenty of huge tiny cities in them.

edit on 8/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I must admit Phage you can be very condesending.And for that you are losing respect.
Im right thats it.
You have been right on multiple threads and i concur,but now you have and, recently started to talk down as if you area above.Bring back Phage.
And sarcasm was never 1 of your strong points.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by edged1

Read some of arianna's BS threads and you may see why Phage replied like he did!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by edged1

Read some of arianna's BS threads and you may see why Phage replied like he did!

I am offended by your comment and suggest you apologise.

All members have the right to present their views, images and comments without this kind of harassment. If you do not stop these unwarranted comments I shall have to contact the forum administrators.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna

reply to post by edged1

All members have the right to present their views, images and comments without this kind of harassment. If you do not stop these unwarranted comments I shall have to contact the forum administrators.

I suggest you post something with some proof and not your delusions!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by edged1

I suggest you post something with some proof and not your delusions!!!

Well, what about this series of images. No delusions here.

wmd_2008 will probably say that I've 'butchered' the image but even if I have, look at what's showing up.

You just couldn't make this up.

Very close direct view:

i985.photobucket.com...

Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/UA/MSSS
edit on 27-8-2012 by arianna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
OK, i know i'm a bit late to this thread, but....
A finger??? Are you people serious? That is one of the single dumbest things i have ever read.

This SHOULD be common knowledge, but some of you apparently need a refresher course:

Our brains have evolved in such a way as to constantly search for patterns. It was a survival mechanism, a way to make sense of the world and filter the overwhelming amount of information with which we are perpetually inundated. If we didn't filter this information, if we didn't project patterns onto chaotic things, we would not survive.
As such, our brains are wired to detect patterns even when one is not actually present. Our brains have SPECIFICALLY EVOLVED to project these patterns and familiar images onto an otherwise chaotic world. It's why we can, say, look at craters on the moon and see a face, or look at clouds and see an animal, etc etc etc.

Want another example? We can look at a picture of completely normal rocks and debris and see FINGERS and FACES. It does not mean they are actually there. Sometimes inanimate objects have a resemblance to other things! Amazing, huh? Sometimes our brain projects familiar images onto random objects, like it has specifically freaking evolved to do!!! I mean, holy hell, this is extremely basic stuff. What the hell is wrong with you guys????

I am completly and utterly mind-boggled that any sane person would entertain the thought that there may actually be a finger in that photo for even a single second.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been covered, as I haven't read the ENTIRE thread....

...however I did spend some time looking at the links in OP last night. I think some of the speculated objects seem like a bit of a stretch of the imagination. On the other hand, the one called "helmet" most definitely, amusingly, looks very much like a helmet. I think it's the way it is rounded, and the fact that it appears to have a "lip" or "rim" that makes it look so man-made.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arianna

Second picture to much zoom pixels and zooming artifacts start to show

Picture 3 your usual process to try and show detail just overemphasizes the problems above

What next arianna

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

reply to post by arianna

Second picture to much zoom pixels and zooming artifacts start to show

Picture 3 your usual process to try and show detail just overemphasizes the problems above

What next arianna

At least everyone can see from the close-view in image #2 what there is on the surface and it's not rocks. No modifications or enhancements were applied to this image.

Image #3 is an enhancement which shows that the smaller objects on the surface are more in keeping with the constructional capabilities of a millimeter-sized civilization. My theory that a very tiny-sized civilization inhabits the planet cannot be discounted as fiction or delusion.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

At least everyone can see from the close-view in image #2 what there is on the surface and it's not rocks. No modifications or enhancements were applied to this image.

Image #3 is an enhancement which shows that the smaller objects on the surface are more in keeping with the constructional capabilities of a millimeter-sized civilization. My theory that a very tiny-sized civilization inhabits the planet cannot be discounted as fiction or delusion.

Sorry but you consider this good

Can YOU not see the problems with this image.

As for this image

Again do YOU actually think that is a good image ?

As for your mm high alien race you really do need help

edit on 29-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arianna

If you can do any better I would be very interested to view your effort.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think the issue isnt whats in the picture, my first impression of the wiki photo was that the red planet didnt look so red.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My curiosity (pun intended) does not lie with penis/fingers, clearly eroded round rocks, pencils, fossils, or tiny alien civilization cities.

After rummaging through every page, I find it astounding that all of this mess is being pondered while there are only one or two mentions of the smudges on the wheel.

THAT is odd.
There is no acceptable explanation for it, and everybody is ignoring it.

How did they get there? If its condensation, how did the condensation get there? Are they finger smudges? WHOSE FINGERS SMUDGED THE WHEEL?!

It just amazes me that there isn't more discussion about this. In my (somewhat) rational mind I can really think of no reason for these smudges to be on the wheels. Obviously the dirt that has collected on the wheels is dirt from the wind, (considering at the time of the pictures the rover has not moved at all) and after the dirt was collected SOMETHING displaced that dirt.

Something. On a planet with no life, water, or any moving object other than dirt/dust/rocks and the wind that moves them. Has put ROUNDED SMUDGES on the wheels of the rover.

I repeat.
PLANET DEVOID OF LIFE.
ROVER COVERED IN DUST FROM WIND.
SOMETHING CAME ALONG AFTER ROVER GOT COVERED IN DUST.
DISPLACED SAID DUST.
Wind does not do that. At least not in the patterns seen in the photograph.

And nobody cares?

If NASA was/is trying to hide something, I'm more inclined to believe its the unexplainable smudges on their rover rather than the finger/penis on the ground next to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Senada

Well, the wheels turn -- and the turning wheels will rub against the dirty ground. So I would say the patterns of dirt on the wheels is due to the wheels rubbing/touching/rolling/turning/twisting in the dirt...

...unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

edit on 8/29/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Senada

With reference to the smudges, the reason why it is not attracting much interest is because many consider it irrelevant. If you are concerned as to how they appeared on the wheels, why not send NASA an email and ask them then hopefully you will have a reply from the horses mouth, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Senada

Seneda -
Let me amend my post above (in relation to the dirt on the wheels) when I said:

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by Senada

Well, the wheels turn -- and the turning wheels will rub against the dirty ground. So I would say the patterns of dirt on the wheels is due to the wheels rubbing/touching/rolling/turning/twisting in the dirt...

...unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

I realize now that you mentioned there was a smudge on the wheel prior to it moving (I missed that part of your post before). If that's the case, could you please show us the specific smudges you are talking about?

I do see patterns on the wheel, but it looks like it's due to wind (you can see how the shape of the wheels "cleat" ridges could guide the wind), such as in this picture, but that doesn't look like a smudge:

The wheel probably got very dusty upon landing (a lot of dust was kicked up when the rover landed), and since then the wind has blown some of the dust off. However, due to the shape of the wheel tread ridges, some dust can blow off, while some dust ids trapped.

edit on 8/30/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That definately looks like a stone finger, like a finger from a stone statue perhaps??

I also noticed 3 small pebbles sitting on top of the uppermost tire tread, how did they manage to get up there?
How did they manage to not fall off when the tire was turning?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Wind? what wind? Theres no air on mars how can you have wind without air?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Wind? what wind? Theres no air on mars how can you have wind without air?

You might want to double check that, Mars is famous for its dust storms..

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join