It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hey Phage:

I always see you trying to debunk people. I have asked you a very important question in two threads and you have yet to get back to me,

If you were wrong or couldn't answer something, would you admit it? I have NEVER seen you do anything of the sort on this site. You always try to debunk people, but when someone makes a good point and if you can't seem to answer it, you just don't even post back. And I always sense condescension coming from you, like you know EVERYTHING. What ARE your credentials?

So answer my question from earlier. I'll be waiting and I will keep bringing it up if I don't hear from you.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by Iam'___'

Sorry man. People are just hammering me left and right. I'm cranky. My stomach hurts. I did not sleep because I'm working on these images.

Sorry.
edit on 8/17/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

I think they updated the sol 3 images today with one more full-res (there were 337 images this morning, and now there are 338). This image (mars.jpl.nasa.gov...) is labeled as an updated image.

Also, have you seen this panorama?:
Mars - 360cities.net

It's fun to explore, but I don't think it is as high-res as a mosaic of the 1200 x 1200 px images would be.

edit on 8/17/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Hey, yeah - it is an awesome PANO. But it's from SOL 2, black and white (more complete, yes, and there's even a sun!), but it's in low resolution. Can't really zoom in much at all

And I'm only missing ONE image now to complete the pano: 0003ML0000079000E3_DXXX (number 79).

Here is a quick render with just one missing image. Still need to blend and fix some stitching errors, but at least we have the whole bottom of Mount Sharp!

And the quick render of the previous version for comparison:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
wikipedia is not a reliable source or even official source

ho hum

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wikipedia is not a reliable source or even official source

ho hum

You totally missed the point. Totally. Please go back and re-read the OP. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I've been looking at all the rover images before and after the OP's image from this page

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

OP's image is the one timestamped 5:55:09, so I looked at and saved about a dozen images before and after looking for "the finger" in the other images to try and see it from diferent angles to see if still looks like a finger. I found it in 2 or 3 other images so far, though since I'm only on a PS3 I can't look at pics simultaniously to try and find it in others. ANd I can't post the close-ups I've taken of it from those other pics. But you can see it from slightly diferent angles, and it still looks like a finger in all the images I've found.

Maybe someone will be able to post up zooms of the other angles and the OP one all together in one image.
The other images I've found it in so far are:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

In that last one, it's at the bottom of the image in the center.
I'll post more if I find "the finger" in any other images.

EDIT- OH!! And by the way. When you bring up the full page images, you may notice they seem a bit lower resolution than the original OP one. Well it turns out when you bring up that full image, you can actually click AGAIN on the full image, and it switches to a higher resolution like in the OP's image.

Click on one of my image links, then click on the image again and you'll see what I mean.
edit on 17-8-2012 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2012 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

no I didn't

NASA is extremely open with images and data collected on their missions

so please tell me

what is "up" ?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Phage? Still waiting.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Phage.

Why weren't the images included in the original panoramic they released? Why did some of us have to manually retrieve them? I asked you this before and I got no answer.

How the hell should I know.
The images are there. Let it go. Or don't. I really don't care.
edit on 8/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Phage.

Why weren't the images included in the original panoramic they released? Why did some of us have to manually retrieve them? I asked you this before and I got no answer.

How the hell should I know.
The images are there. Let it go. Or don't. I really don't care.

You should know. You know everything.

But thanks for the answer.

And let it go? This is a conspiracy site. I'm sure you know that. And why so angry? "How the hell should I know?"

No explanation this time?

And you're welcome for me putting so much time into an image that I just wanted to share with everyone.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

And why so angry?

Not angry. I just don't appreciated the ankle biting.
"Phage? Phage? C'mon Phage! Why don't you answer me Phage?"
You think I'm online continuously?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Definitely not explaining again. Your answer is in this thread. Find it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No, man. I'm just pointing out you as a human being.

Being a skeptic is fine, but we are here on a conspiracy site for a reason - to learn.

And when you see someone debunk EVERYTHING like it's a job, it just gets ridiculous.

Sure - there are absolutely crazy things on this site.

But not all. And I'm not talking about my threads. I am a humble dude (I try to be) who just wants answers.

If your a skeptic, then you are in the pursuit of truth as well. That means admitting faults, etc.

I try to as much as possible and it takes other posters to pummel me sometimes until I see it.

But I will be the FIRST to admit if I'm wrong.

I don't see many people do that here or on many other forums.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hi impaired, I've been S+F your efforts for the gigapan and following the threads of the missing hi-res images but to be honest you're starting to annoy me now - attacking the regular members and accusing people for being part of a coverup is starting to sound like a real ego-trip on your part.

I think it's safe to say that the hi-res images are now available, as your updated gigapan shows, I didn't agree with your earlier copyright statements and think you've took the disappearing thumbnail argument past it's sell by date.

People are mis-reading the concept of the thread and simply spotting odd rock formations and it's all rather mis-leading - given your original ideals I think it's time to move on - be proud that you came up with the idea of the stitch, thank the ATS community for assisting with the links and stop adding fuel to fire.

Patience is a virtue.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry! but this thread is to long for me to follow... for now.

I am wondering if some one compared the pic in high res from the nasa site and of your first post.

i think yours is clearer then the one they are showing...

The finger is less visible

edit on 17-8-2012 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
is it just me or is there a baby foot center top of pic, someone check it out

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

It's an ego trip because I am a newb at this. What is wrong with being proud of my work? I've been working like a dog to get these images out to share.

But thanks for the post, though. No sarcasm.
I'm not perfect and I did get giddy.

But once again - yeah, the images are up NOW. But if they had them all along, why weren't they in NASA's pano from a week ago? Why did WE have to fill in the missing data.

And maybe it's a little bit of an ego trip and pride. I'm proud of the nice images! Is that wrong or a crime?

I'm here to share images and find truth. Sorry if that offends anyone. And then you have spammers and people attacking me. I'm only human, man!

So members can attack me but I can't defend myself? And what poster did I say was part of a cover up?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

the original high res are not the ones they are now showing...
in your first original the finger is really clear compared to the one they are now showing on nasa site.
is it just me or can some one check and see.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So if we were to all agree that a photo of dirt and rocks was blurred by NASA what exactly is the point? Then assume that the photo of the rocks and dirt was taken in Arizona what is the point? What could you hide in such a small photo, ants that is what.

The answer is ANTS. Ants are the alens. They watch from below, they are everywhere. Alein Ants, small ships, millions upon millons among us. That is as logical a conspiricy that I have ever seen on ATS. If you mastered intersteller flight nd moved beyond light speed then size is irrevelant.

Everyone always thinks big, think small, think Ants.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You know, man. Sharing something with people is fine but you're not doing that.
At the moment you're doing the same thing as the msm. You're dramatising/criminalising information (even your thread title is overly dramatic). 70% of people in this thread are seeing fingers/foots because your thread implies that the image in the OP was hidden from public eyes on purpose. Same thing with the "censorship" thread.

"We are here on a conspiracy site for a reason - to learn"
You're doing the opposite of that. People are learning nothing, you're only misleading them.

"Gigapan of SOL 3 (Curiosity rover) with "missing" images!"
This was the only thread which truly was intended to share information without implying that theres a secret hidden in the missing images or whatever.
You're not presenting information in a neutral way. You have your own opinion "that something is up" and you're pushing it onto others. then you're asking questions which you know people can't answer with 100% accuracy.

As they say...
absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join