It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dishonorable Disclosures; Special Ops Group Attacks Obama Over bin Laden Bragging, Leaks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What exactly is Obama saying out on the campaign trail about OBL?

I'm seeing a lot of pissed off ppl, but not even one single Obama quote.
What exactly is he saying?
Anyone have a quote? I wouldn't put it past him of course, but I would like to see what he is saying, because I haven't heard him say anything about OBL for a long time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is either a cynically brilliant propaganda video to rally up the citizen patriots to encourage the protection of secrecy of the government's Black Ops, or one done in good faith that inadvertently has the same effect.

Sure, I want the truth...but not at the expense of soldiers, sailors, airmen, spooks or national security (or international respect).

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Crossing hairs? SOCOM uses all of them together all the time. Bin Ladens raid should show that. Navy seals, FBI yes they were there, CIA were the eyes on the compound, Airbourne rangers took out the electric in the town. The list goes on. SOCOMs job is to cross the hairs between all the groups. The war on terror uses all these groups together as one.

That may be in a small number of top secret projects, yet for the most part they
are not together all of the time.

Just one more thing for the pile of destruction ....

www.washingtonpost.com... ory.html

You have to read it and read between the lines.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Doesn't it piss anyone else off that things like this are only being used as election leverage? The release of this video has nothing to do with informing the American public. And as I said before, the more the people know, the better. The fact that the government can hide so much under National Security directives is ridiculous, and it is part of what is ruining our country.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus The fact that the government can hide so much under National Security directives is ridiculous, and it is part of what is ruining our country.

Is that where they are hiding MF Global?

Lets talk. How many investigations during the O regime?

A big fat ZERO.

You think thats cool man?

At least Clinton investigated the fraud on Wall Street. O lets em all go.
That is desperation, reeking desperation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I'm seeing a lot of pissed off ppl, but not even one single Obama quote.
What exactly is he saying?

“There’s a lot of reasons you can release classified information, a lot of justifiable reasons, but making a movie for political gain isn’t one of them,” Mr. Zinke said.

According to Mr. Zinke, there are currently at least four other anti-Obama groups made up of former elite military operatives: Special Operations Speaks, Veterans for a Strong America, Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc. and his group, Special Operations for America. He said he expects that number to climb. Because active-duty soldiers are barred from engaging in political activity, Mr. Zinke believes it is especially important for retired military personnel to speak up.

“It’s really incumbent upon the retired guys to articulate a message. You look at the approval ratings of the president, Congress is in single-digits, the president is not far behind, and I think Americans still appreciate the credibility of our military,” he said.

politicker.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The video is purely politically-motivated and the group who made it is, or will soon be, connected to a political committee, likely one committed to ushering Obama out of office.

I'm not an Obama fan, but it's pretty easy to see through this one.

I wonder if it's the same SuperPAC Sherrif Joe hooked up with.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I'm not an Obama fan, but it's pretty easy to see through this one.

I wonder if it's the same SuperPAC Sherrif Joe hooked up with.

Well, I guess that should make Mit a good candidate right?
He dont need no Super PAC.

Are you looking for the days where men can buy the Presidency
with their own funds?

Tell me, name me one politician that is not partial.
Please. Please I am waiting.

:
edit on 17-8-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

with their own funds?

Nope. I'm looking for the day when campaigns, and their associated funding, is based promoting ideas and plans, rather than using silly negative videos like this one to try and trick people.

Tell me, name me one politician that is not partial.
Please. Please I am waiting.

This video was made by a bunch of ex-military folks that want Obama out of office. They are not politicians. I seriously doubt that Mitt is connect to, or gives a hoot about this video
edit on 17-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

with their own funds?

Nope. I'm looking for the day when campaigns, and their associated funding, is based promoting ideas and plans, rather than using silly negative videos like this one to try and trick people.

Oh, like Paul Ryan right?

reply to post by Zarniwoop

Well you must visit Washington DC soon, and educate yourself.
And while your at it, join Obama with some beer, and share that Martini with him.

edit on 17-8-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I was merely pointing out that the video is a farce and the makers of it don't give a rats arse about Obama giving away military ops info. It's sole purpose is to make Obama look bad.

You should go to their website and educate yourself

Leaders of the group, the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc, say it is nonpartisan and unconnected to any political party or presidential campaign

Source

Opsec website
edit on 17-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Like others have said, that video was nothing but a stunt to make Obama look bad, it will help Mitt who will have no problems sending our troops off to die in another pointless conflict.

They should of asked why are we bombing women and children in other countries making new enemies everyday that hate US for what we allow our government to do. Why do we continue to allow corruption and lobbyist to dictate policy.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
We don't need this thread to know that was a piece of # move by Obama from the get go. Unfortunately people can't see through all the BS that is our "Presidential Democracy".

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

This whole campaign is a freaking joke. Does anyone really believe there is any real differences between these to parties? At this point, its like voting for the less worse group.
What's really got me concerned is the recent news that China has pulled all their money out of the US stock market.

finance.yahoo.com...

And, the leak that Obama was trying to get Israel to delay attacking Iran until after the elections. That is so sickening hearing this. I mean, i'm not an idiot. I know how things work. War generates great profits for some companies but the lives involved and how the politicians are playing games and setting the course of peoples lives (soldiers), ending some, over staying on power.

Now all the news about ALL the government agencies (including NOAA-What the hell is the weather department doing buying bullets for?? Hundreds of thousands of them...).

Something not-so-good is coming as the signs (not so hidden) appear to be there.
(Note to self, go buy more bullets today)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Revealing info that gets people killed? That's treason.
Revealing info that exposes the deep corruption of our government? That is patriotism.

There is a fine line here between what should be leaked, and what should not be leaked.

It has become common knowledge that our government is extremely deceptive and fabricates all sorts of falsehoods, and as a result our entire nation has become exceptionally misinformed and lead to believe in complete fantasy versions of reality.

When everyone believes in total falsehoods, and will condone the invasions and wars due to mis/dis information, that is treasonous and it puts the security of our people at risk. So corruption must be leaked if we have any hopes of keeping this nation safe from it's enemies foreign and domestic.

It's not fair nor just nor in our interest that a tyrant can get power and then legitimately cover up all of their criminal actions and claim "national security". More like "personal security".

A perfect example of secrecy being used for evil, was that a large majority of Germans during WW2 had no idea of the true brutality and disgusting nature of the concentration camps. Do we have a right to know this information? Yes, our very freedom depends on it.

But do we have a right to know the names of our Navy Seals / Army Rangers / etc while they are operational? Hell no, that is facilitating reprisals and possible murders as a result.

Let's draw a line here to make sure we are not being misled into an extreme intellectual position, we have to weigh and balance these things if we ever hope to find reasonable outcomes.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

What's really got me concerned is the recent news that China has pulled all their money out of the US stock market.

finance.yahoo.com...

I think you are taking that article way out of context.

If you look at it closer you will see that they are claiming their stock was "undervalued" and that they believed it demands a higher price, and then cite accounting issues.

This does not mean that every private Chinese national who invests $ is pulling their money out. It simply means that the actual firms selling stock (Focus Media, Fushi Copperweld, China TransInfo Technology Corp, Harbin Pacific Electric Co) wanted more money for each share.

Also keep in mind what this fellow states:

U.S.-traded Chinese companies faced scrutiny after auditors for several quit and others were accused of accounting irregularities. Concerns about company finances have caused share prices to tumble, costing investors several billion dollars. "Probably all these companies have some questionable accounting, so they may prefer to move out of the U.S., not to come under too much scrutiny," said Marc Faber, managing director of Hong Kong fund management company Marc Faber Ltd.

He is subtly claiming they are crooks and their decision to pull out is a result of their fears of scrutiny.

A financial firm, Muddy Waters Research, accused Focus Media last year of overstating the number of its display panels and questioned acquisitions reported by the company. Focus Media denied the allegations and said independent auditors confirmed the size of its network.

This week, Muddy Waters founder Carson Block said in a statement: "The markets are far better off if a few deep pocketed investors own Focus Media instead of mutual funds and other public shareholders." The group proposing to take the company private includes its chairman, Jason Nanchun Jiang, and private equity firms Carlyle Group, CITIC Capital Partners, CDH Investments and China Everbright Ltd.

Carlyle Group, CITIC, CDH? This looks really questionable on the surface.

Also keep in mind this article is about 1 major firm, Focus Media Holding Ltd., while only briefly about a few other firms Wiki, which claims it's a massive advertising corporation. It then gives more detailed information on the allegations made against them, and links us to the Reuters source.

In November 2011, Muddy Waters Research reported massive fraud at the company. It alleged that

- the company has been fraudulently overstating the number of screens in its LCD network by approximately 50%,
- has claimed to acquire, write down, and dispose of companies that it never actually purchased,
- has written at least 21 acquisitions down to zero and then given them away for no consideration,
- has been used by insiders as their counterparty in trading in and out of subsidiary Allyes, with several individuals earning a total of at least $70.1 million, while shareholders lost $159.6 million.[1]

Focus denied the allegations.

Look I don't know if this company was really committing fraud to rob the investors, but it seems possible and dare I say, normal procedure on Wall Street.

The other companies such as China TransInfo Technology Corp, Harbin Pacific Electric Co, were apparently "privatizing" and had major reorganization issues which were the reason for their pullouts, etc.

It's clear to me that you totally misconstrued it out of context, which I assume was accidental and a result of lack of pertinent information. Hopefully my brief and limited analysis will aid in alleviating your "concerns", and putting them back into a more proper context.
edit on 17-8-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Um...

wow.

Do you even know what a superpac is???

Where is that facepalm emoticon??

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yes, non profit that has a single desk in an office with two republican consulting firms.

But oh, they just share space and are not connected. Didn't see that excuse coming.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow...that video went viral.

760k views in two days.

It must be that more people dislike Obama than I thought...maybe he doesn't have this election
"in the bag" as they say.... problem is Romney and Obama are the same corporate funded
puppet--with different costumes

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Wow...that video went viral.

760k views in two days.

It must be that more people dislike Obama than I thought...maybe he doesn't have this election
"in the bag" as they say.... problem is Romney and Obama are the same corporate funded
puppet--with different costumes

Obama is doomed.

Even the democrats can sense it.

This election is turning into a train wreck for Obama.

------------
The Republicans will get control of the White House, U.S. Senate and the House

on November 6, 2012.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join