It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
If people can't see that there is more to this than some tramp not getting the std test she wanted then they are beyond help, just look at all the fuss over this & that will tell you there is plenty more going on behind the scenes.

Oh, I gotcha. Since it's some "tramp" making the claim, it's obvious she's lying and we all should believe the Great and Good Julian Ass-crack, right? He'd never lie.

Right.

You're telling me you would volunteer to go to sweden for your "fair" trial & then be happy to be extradited by war criminals lol get real mate.

Honestly, I'm way smarter than your hero Assange, that's for sure. Probably thought he was some God-given gift to the working girl and wanted to get something for free.

Where would his fair trial in America take place GITMO? Not like they haven't imprisoned our countrymen befor in torture camps.

And which "countrymen" are those? You English? You mean those wacky young lads known as the Tipton Three (is that right?). Those three crazies who decided to go to P-stan right after 9-11 and just happened (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) into A-stan, go to Kandahar and Kabal, hang out with the Taliban, go to one of their training camps, bust a few rounds with some beat up AK. Those guys?

Question ( and I don't want to go too far off thread), but how come I suppose to believe their story, yet the three hikers who wandered into Iran are CIA spies?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

Well, I do love state owned press (RT) interviewing unnamed sources! Must be accurate then.

The Guardian has a commentary on the case www.guardian.co.uk... which may help shed some light.

Regards

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Isn't it funny that this threat wasn't made while the London Olympics were on.

If this was important for the world and Britian wouldn't they have already made this threat and dealt with Assange ASAP?

Why did the British government have to wait until after the Olympics to threaten this?

Were they, the British government, worried that the spotlight would have been moved from the Olympics to this political circus.
Were they worried that sport stars would have lined the streets with the hundreds of others to protest this injustice.
Or were they worried that many countries would have boycotted the games.

This whole thing is BS.
The media's coverage of this is BS.
Most of your arguments for storming the Embassy and getting Assange are BS.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, looks like russia is going to step into the game.....

Russia on Friday warned Britain against violating fundamental diplomatic principles after London suggested it could arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange inside Ecuador's embassy. "What is happening gives grounds to contemplate the observance of the spirit and the letter of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, and in particular the Article 22 spelling out the inviolability of diplomatic premises," the Russian foreign ministry said.

Britain has angered Ecuador by suggesting it could invoke a domestic law allowing it to breach the usual rules and go in to arrest Assange, who has been holed up in Ecuador's London mission since June. This would challenge a fundamental principle of the diplomatic system, and the threat has left Britain in unchartered legal waters. At the same time, Moscow warned Britain against interpreting the law selectively, stressing that London has given refuge to "dozens of people suspected of committing grave crimes" who are wanted in other countries. "What to do with a right to refuge for Julian Assange when London turns the observance of this right for this category of people into an absolute principle?" the Russian foreign ministry asked, referring to a number of high-profile figures granted asylum in Britain. Russia has for years sought the extradition of top Kremlin critic Boris Berezovsky as well as several other figures.

source (mobile website. not sure if link works for everyone)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well, fir starters, it is a named source. You obviously didnt follow the link to see full details.
Other than that, if you cant be bothered to look at the full story, why should I be bothered to try and show the facts.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by moniker
This is just a diversion from the fact that Assange is not wanted for questioning on serious sex crimes, but rather for questioning on minor sex crimes under the label of possible assault.

Well, to most women any sex crime is serious. You may think it is trivial, but the victims probably think differently.

Apparently not differently enough to refrain from running out to bring him breakfast the morning after, and to then cast a party for him the following night.

Certainly the Swedish authorities are treating it seriously.

Yes, a man in is. It was actually my wife who alerted me about all this. She asked me (who is British-Swedish) what the fk Sweden is up to. Only then did I start looking into it and I had to report back to her the following: "nothing good, dear." For the record, I happen to work in the legal field.

If you put aside Wikileaks and Assange's hero status amongst his fans, you have a situation where the Swedish authorities want to question a man for possible sex crimes. There is no evidence to suggest the Swedish judicial system is bent, so what's the problem.

Then look again. I began my legal training in Sweden, then continued in the UK to become a registered solicitor and now on my way to soon become a barrister. There is in fact quite a bit of evidence that will do more than just suggest that the Swedish judicial system is bent. For example, if a civil servant tells the court one thing, be it true or not, the courts will rarely ever question the statement, making the defendant guilty until the defendant can prove him/herself innocent. And how easy is it, may I ask, to prove that you didn't commit something? The Swedish judicial system is a farce.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
WikiLeaks is a Rothschild Operation

www.puppet99.com...

Indeed, but please don't let that fact interrupt our friendly chat on here...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Cables show US seeks Assange: report

Australian diplomats believe the US is targeting WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for possible prosecution, according to documents obtained by a newspaper.

LINK

Lies make baby Jesus cry

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Geez, everyone getting their panties in a bunch over this.

The Brits aren't gonna attack the embassy to get Julian Ass-bags out of there. It's just not.....British.

Come to think of it, when was an embassy ever overrun in the past? Wait, I remember!!

It's when the Iranians overran the US embassy and took hostages for 444 days and subjected them to torture, abuse and mock executions.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Hmmmmm...But there are no charges against him in America.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Assange is a Sleazy scumbag, the British government should not storm the embassy however!
They should let him go to Ecuador and leave his demise to the CIA...

That would be a win

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I don't get how its ok for him to expose goverments it ok and they want the politicians punished. You expose JA's secrets and its psh he didn't do that and he should be set free. Double standard much?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
His crime? having consentual sex and his condom broke? The govts crimes that he exposed? State sanctioned murder and kidnapping, arming and training terrorists. Total govt coruption at every level. The way I see it is that assange is a hero for exposing all that he did. He should be given a medal not hunted down and treated like a criminel.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
His crime? having consentual sex and his condom broke? The govts crimes that he exposed? State sanctioned murder and kidnapping, arming and training terrorists. Total govt coruption at every level. The way I see it is that assange is a hero for exposing all that he did. He should be given a medal not hunted down and treated like a criminel.

So you believe anything you hear, or just what you want to hear?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

It's sad rigel4... please don't fall for apathy and accept his assassination

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniel449

I believe every thing I hear? Well when I hear bs coming from the govt and the MSM. Which I do on a daily basis, then Im more inclined to believe some ordenary guy in the street. Yes I beieve what I read and heard about the wiki leaks. So does the govt, which is why they are trying to arrest Assange and rendiction him to gitmo. Were they can do some water sports on him AKA water boarding. Which the same govt were executing germans and the japonese for after the ww2. Bush said its not torture. The rest of the civilised world disagree. Did he actually rape this woman? If he did then he would not have been allowed to leave Sweden. The original charges were dropped? So they just want a chat with him? Well then instead of wasting thousands of pounds hounding the man. Why dont they just chat to him over the phone or via a vidio link?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I don't get the whole Julian Assange thing. Wikileaks has never informed me about anything I haven't already assumed. I'm going to stick to my gut feeling about him, which is that he works for some "intelligence" agency, and I can't bring myself to caring about his weird situation.

As you said, you assumed a lot of things. Assange provided the proof so now you KNOW those things you assumed are true. IMO, that is not the work of an intelligence agency, that is the work of someone who is trying to get the truth out to back up the numerous claims about the atrocities our government commits.

Intelligence agencies spread disinfo and misinformation to muddy the waters and turn people off from wanting to know the truth. Most people are too lazy to do the research find out which information has the facts to back it up and which does not. Intelligence agencies don't provide hard evidence to reveal their unsavory deeds.

True, I could be terribly wrong about my "feeling" that he works for some intelligence agency, for I have no evidence of this feeling. I find things about him to be suspicious, such as why would Chinese dissidents trust this person in the first place? Why would one of his colleagues question if he was an intelligence agent? Where is all the stuff about Israel?

I did appreciate his interview with Nasrallah, and I do think the Swedish charges against him are dubious.

In the end, I just don't get it.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

I don't support his demise... but the guy is history one way or another,

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Please join us tonight on ATS LIVE RADIO where we will be discussing this topic! Please visit THIS THREAD for the schedule of topics!

We would love to have you call in and voice your opinion regardless of what it is!

ATS Live Is Broadcasting * Today @ 9:00 PM EST

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join