It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Popcorn time...

reuters.com

The diplomatic standoff over WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange escalated on Wednesday after Britain threatened to raid Ecuador's embassy in London if Quito did not hand over Assange, who has been taking refuge there for two months.

The Ecuadorean government said such an action would be considered a "hostile and intolerable act" as well as a violation of its sovereignty.

"Under British law we can give them a week's notice before entering the premises and the embassy will no longer have diplomatic protection," a Foreign Office spokesman said.

UK wants to send him to Sweden to face charges there, Assange fears that if shipped to Sweden they would in turn send him to the US.. IN the meantime, wikileaks is tweeting that folks should #Protect Assange should the UK storm the Embassy...

edit on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:16:08 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So here is an interesting thought to put all others to the test.

If Conspiracies are real, If there was some sort of secret government, if sources were killed by black ops, then I am sure someone causing this sort of malignancy or thorn in the side of so many (J.A) would be one of the first to be snuffed out, would he not be?

But alas he hasnt, which, makes me ponder, were conspiracies created to cover up the weak system we are lead to believe is stronger than they let on to be?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I don't get the whole Julian Assange thing. Wikileaks has never informed me about anything I haven't already assumed. I'm going to stick to my gut feeling about him, which is that he works for some "intelligence" agency, and I can't bring myself to caring about his weird situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh I always like a good drama.

Sure the UK could give them that one weeks notice and in that time Assange could have been posted to Ecuador.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Um is that an act of war considering a countries embassy is a countries soverign soil? And somehow a guy that has done nothing but tell the truth is worth this why? He didn't even leak anything major, just mostly embarassing things, which those offended countries shouldn't have been doing in the first place.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Why do you always get the good news?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Even if he were granted asylum, Assange has little chance of leaving the Ecuadorean embassy in London without being arrested.

I mean do you have to pay for asylum .
like some kind of all inclusive resort..?

Is asylum available to everyone from
anywhere.....
can I just roll down to embassy row
and pick one of the nicer looking ones
ask for asylum and go shack up for a while

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Protect him Ecuador.

Given questions were already raised over the validity of the womens claims only for those 'questions' to be hushed up quicker than Road Runner means I side with Assange, plus he's an Aussie!!!!

Poor US Government, Waah Waah we got caught red-handed murdering innocent civilians and bagging on other countries. Lets hang him out to dry to show the world we're bullies and free speech against us ISN'T ALLOWED....no matter how much we promote it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
So here is an interesting thought to put all others to the test.

If Conspiracies are real, If there was some sort of secret government, if sources were killed by black ops, then I am sure someone causing this sort of malignancy or thorn in the side of so many (J.A) would be one of the first to be snuffed out, would he not be?

But alas he hasnt, which, makes me ponder, were conspiracies created to cover up the weak system we are lead to believe is stronger than they let on to be?

No.

Killing him would make him a type of Martyr.

Even when the child molester died, M Jackson, and crack head Whitney , their works enjoyed a huge renewed interest.

Gov don't want this from Wiki-leaks, they want him to quietly go away.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Is this reminding anyone else of the last episode of Jericho? Where there were 2 Americas and one was bad, and they had to get to the embassy, then OUT of the embassy while it was under attack?

Seriously, just like the last episode to me - it's on Netflix, excellent series. Wish they'd bring it back.

This is crazy. I can't believe Britian would do that. THey always seemed to have more class than that. I would rather suspect they should do things proper - let him go then have him have a bad car wreck. That isn't a good enough example made though I guess, for the US.

US seriously wants his blood.

I just don't think he's broken any laws. He wasn't American. It wasn't treason. Besides, a lot of those documents show that our classification system is being misused - it is never supposed to be used to cover up evidence of criminal activity, corruption, inefficiency.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I never personally decided if Wikileaks was real or just a propagated mis/disinfo network. But it does seem that the US Government wants to do an Oswald job on him for sure.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If Britain wants him, there is no question they can take him. Not legally and it'll violate a critically important treaty even the worst situations with defectors in the cold war didn't see violated.

An Embassy is sacred....and breaking that for anything will leave Britain's own Embassies open in the same way world wide.

Some people even consider British diplomats to be war criminals in the silliest extremes around the world. That whole Diplomatic Immunity thing is really really important for countless reasons. Is Assange really worth all that??

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why don't they just leave him alone. He's old hat already. They should just put out a press release saying they've decided that he's not worth the effort that's been put into it so they've decided to back off. Then let him do what he wants. Let him feel like he's free to do whatever. Then one day accidently he's hit by a bus. Or he gets cancer and dies in 2 months. Oups, oh well it was just a random accident. If they want him THAT BAD, why don't they just do that?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

It very well could be considered an act of war. As to the Ecuadorian Government being that willing or able to take up that war is another matter entirely. And really I don't see a way for them to get him out of the embassy alive. Any helicopter ride out has to cross British airspace and territorial waters, so it isn't like they are likely to get permission for that.

And Wrabbit makes very valid points on the whole diplomatic immunity/ sovereign territory issue. They exist for a reason and the consequences will likely turn very bad very quickly.
edit on 15-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I wish they'd shut up and quit making a freaking theater out of everything they "warn" "threaten" "caution" ...or so and so "slams" so and so else.

I'm over this teenage drama queen crap.

Hate this political entertainment mess....all meant just to keep people entertained.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Assange is anything but old hat. Some of us are still sitting on an enormous file....which no one has cracked. The key is in his head and I am thinking that the more lengths they go to get him, the more important the contents of that file look. He may have chosen very well. Otherwise, you'd have a point. He's of no other value to go to these extremes for.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

.....maybe has was, maybe he wasn't. MJ certainly spoke out against the Illuminati and character assassination is the next best thing to real assassination.

Hence Mr. Assange's current situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The last Julian Assange show with the Ecaudorian president was very good if you've not caught it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If they do then clearly he is....which warrants the next question.......WHY?

He's looking less and less like a CIA mole and more and more like the true collaborative whistleblower he made himself out to be.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Hair dye for him plus tanning lotion and quality makeup artistry

A wig for the person impersonating him.

Hell, dress him up in drag.

There are always ways to get someone out of a country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join