It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young illegal immigrants line up to for 1st chance to work legally in US in new Obama program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by ZerkerVirus

We don't have many solutions but this is the lesser of the two evils....republicans will complain however they will do nothing but simply complain..they can talk about their displeasure overall around immigration but it's just talk...just ask Bush junior....nobody wants to touch this issue so you have to start somewhere and this is atleast pushing folks in the right direction...we don't have the resources to find them all and kick them out but eventually we will need to find a way...they can legally apply for jobs but that does not mean they will get them...

We've had the solution all along. We have existing laws against illegal immigration. They should have been enforced. Take away the jobs and freebies and they will self deport. There are not enough jobs available if we have millions of people un-employed. Let's worry about our citizens first.

In Rhode Island recently there were 50 fire fighter positions and close to 3000 applicants!!!

www2.turnto10.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd like to add that a couple posts on this thread, like the one above mine, really have hit on the other side of this. It's not simply a question of whether we're a nation of laws or decrees at this point and what to do about that but to borrow the term "It's the economy stupid!".

I'll never say "American jobs for Americans" because that is so wrong to our national principles, it's not even funny. We ARE a nation made up and still becoming made from Immigrants. More power to all who come through the system and with all the pride of making it that it gives them.

It's not at all wrong to say "American jobs for LEGAL Residents". American born, Perm. Resident or valid Visa. Whatever... They're all legal and welcome to all of them. It's just those who figure that getting away with something for so LONG somehow negates what the problem began as and still very much is.

It's not a 'problem', it's a crime. Until that changes......Let's not add even MORE legal job seekers to the economy from among those who aren't even within our nation's laws to stand here and ask.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
America is falling faster than ever. I wonder how much Bad gene got to America? Oh right, they are already in America.

<< 1   >>

join