It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young illegal immigrants line up to for 1st chance to work legally in US in new Obama program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Apparently 13k people where lined up in to apply for work permits,driver license.
They can also apply to travel internationally for $360, I believe is the right thing to do since they pretty much need to work legally & not worry about how are they going to feed their family or being caught by ICE.

What do you think?

www.startribune.com...

Thousands of young illegal immigrants lined up Wednesday hoping for the right to work legally in America without being deported. The Obama administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals could expand the rights of more than 1 million young illegal immigrants by giving them work permits, though they would not obtain legal residency here or a path to citizenship.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZerkerVirus
Apparently 13k people where lined up in to apply for work permits,driver license.
They can also apply to travel internationally for $360, I believe is the right thing to do since they pretty much need to work legally & not worry about how are they going to feed their family or being caught by ICE.

What do you think?

I think it is grossly unfair to the millions of un-employed citizens who are desperately trying to feed their own families. I think it is unfair that their parents brought them here illegally and now they are being rewarded because of it. I think it is unfair that there are so many people coming here through the proper channels and these kids get to jump to the head of the line.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I agree with everything you said and I'd add I know a couple rather pissed off LEGAL immigrants that spent serious money and years to get here, watching this being given away to criminal immigrants like boobie prizes on the carnival midway.

It's outright against the LAWS....and when he couldn't get it by LAW, he just went and did it. Well.... I thought we had 3 branches of government, not 1 and two 'half a branch''s.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZerkerVirus

This absolutely the right thing to do! I know many kids, who went to high school but couldn't go to college or get jobs, because their parent brought them here as toddlers. Many were just left here with friends or family to raise them, and have no birth certificates or social #. But they grew up here, have friends, but remain in limbo, through no fault of their own.

It makes me happy to see this happen!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Good luck tryng to find a job ....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ummm how about instead of giving them jobs, we arrest them..... Ya know, for them being here illegally n all...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

They are called anchor babies... Its sad that parents would illegally bring families here. Have children here illegally knowing full well if they got caught that the law would require their whole illegal family to be deported... These people or their parents knowingly broke the law while also knowing the full consequences. The law is the law! my friends spent years trying to get into this country and jumped through so many hoops just to get citizenship. If the young people want citizenship they can join the military for an 8 year term. They will then have a true appreciation for what they had to work for. Look at it this way if we illegally went to mexico... do you think they would give us jobs? HELL NO!!! We would be thrown in prison and not the USA Luxury prisons we have.

If you are not a citizen you go to the back of the line. Those who are in the process for citizenship should get to proceed without being pushed back for illegals.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by APOCOLYPSE DAWN

No, anchor babies are born here, and they are therefore citizens. The don't need amnesty.

These children came here as babies or small children. Many of them were left behind, abandoned by their parents. Really! They are raised by legal citizens who are friends and extended family. Usually their parents were already deported, or have to move around to make money and stay out of the eye of the law. Sometimes their kids don't even know where they are. They have no home in to go back to.

I know because I have worked with many of these kids, exiting high school and scared.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We don't have many solutions but this is the lesser of the two evils....republicans will complain however they will do nothing but simply complain..they can talk about their displeasure overall around immigration but it's just talk...just ask Bush junior....nobody wants to touch this issue so you have to start somewhere and this is atleast pushing folks in the right direction...we don't have the resources to find them all and kick them out but eventually we will need to find a way...they can legally apply for jobs but that does not mean they will get them...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You guys really want to punish people that were brought here as children and lived their whole life here because they do not have a paper stating they are "legal"?

Wow, you all really worship the government...it's sad.

edit on 15-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
now dont get me wrong, people who have lived here all their life should be considered a national no matter papers or not, a certain amount of years should nullify any previous establishment of citizenship..... but people here for like a year or so taking jobs, thats just not fair

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Well, Like they said, "No Child Left Behind"

This is the upgrade 1.2 Version.

Someone has to be responsible...... I'll wager that these kids are more decent human
beings than the Bankster Sociopaths that our current Society rewards so very,very, well.

Give them a chance, but in the future, change the Citizen Laws to adapt to modern and current times.
This would require a Constitutional Amendment.

For your consideration:

Article 1. For a Child Born in The United States of America to be considered a Natural Born
American Citizen, ONE of the Parents Must be a Legally Verified United States Citizen.

Problem Solved in a Heartbeat with Logic and acceptable Human Decency.

Great Thread
S&F

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well Night Star it is unfair. But it is even more unfair to these children.

Please check out my other replies, if you have time. ((((((((((((((STAR)))))))))))))))

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

yeah i guess you are right, buuuuuuut, when it comes to my son, he comes first, before anybody else's son, but thats just natural for somebody to feel that way.... but if a job was to start taking illegal immigrants for a LOWER wage, then thats not right for the immigrant, and thats not right for the person (me or anybody else) trying to get the job because they are being undermined by, well technically a higher possible profit margin if you think about it, which is better for the companty, but for the total economy? i dont think so because what do most immigrants do? they send most of the money back home.... and if you disagree with that, you lie because i have known many i have worked with, but thats immigrants, illegal or not, they send money back, they are moral people for sure.... all im saying is, if you have not lived in the us for so long, you should not be entitled for a job, unless you plan to gain citizenship

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I dont like this at all. Partly because it is competition for mininum wage jobs, which many high school grads will need to further thier education or careers and the unfortunate others that need them to survive. Partly because its our own fault this is happening, we are a welfare country and with so many Americans that can work but choose not to theres apparently a need for workers. Then again who's gonna pay into the system that supports these lazy a$$e$? so maybe its good, but doubtful. Anyway the key word here is illegal so I am confused on what our beloved government is doing, what message is being sent and more importantly what message is being recieved. Oh my pizza is here! guess thats all I have to say for now. later all

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Scamzarilla

In border towns, like San Diego, employers hire Mexican citizens for a lower wage. They commute across the border, legally, all day long!

This amnesty situation won't stop employers who exploit cheap labor.

edit on 15-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

yeah ive been through all the southern border states, its funny how it works because down there ive seen mexicans working all over the place for cheap, in ny where im originally from you see mexicans all over the place working for cheap too, i seen an italian restaurant full of mexicans working and 2 italians taking orders, not kidding, right near the corner of henry and clark in brooklyn heights.... up here in vermont, you do not see canadians taking anybodys jobs for cheap, if anything, the canadians have the desk jobs and give you crap for not enough sugar in your coffe.... its funny how the world works....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
You guys really want to punish people that were brought here as children and lived their whole life here because they do not have a paper stating they are "legal"?

Wow, you all really worship the government...it's sad.

edit on 15-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

These kids have no one to blame but their parents who willingly came here illegally. We have laws and there are consequences when we break those laws. How can you place the illegal child above one coming here through the proper channels? That is a slap in the face. Why reward the law breaking parent by catering to and rewarding their kids?

Oh and this program mentions 'kids' up to 30. Those are not kids!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Well Night Star it is unfair. But it is even more unfair to these children.

Please check out my other replies, if you have time. ((((((((((((((STAR)))))))))))))))

It is not right to shove others aside to get to the head of the line. It is not right for these kids to take a job away from an American citizen who is struggling and needs to feed their family. These kids wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for their parents blatanly breaking the law. We can't just pick and choose which laws we want to follow. It is their parents fault for putting them in the position they are in and we shouldn't have to pay the consequences.

No matter how badly we feel for these kids, Our citizens must come first! Our citizens need jobs, millions of them. It is ridiculous to put millions of these kids into the workforce when they had no business being here in the first place.

This program includes 'kids' up to 30 years old. Kids?????????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join