It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Women Are Oppressed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

This whole thread was meant to be ironic. Nuns dress the same way that Muslim women do and no one is complaining that they are oppressed. I thought it'd be obvious but I guess not.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by HamrHeed

This whole thread was meant to be ironic. Nuns dress the same way that Muslim women do and no one is complaining that they are oppressed. I thought it'd be obvious but I guess not.

For one thing, your post is wayy oversimplified to do anything except troll and divide people.
Cultural traditions have a greater effect on attire than religion.
Saying that christians dress like muslims doesn't make sense.
Saying catholics dress like shiites makes more sense.
Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

sure they can.....matter of fact, any women that would, I might venture, could possibly benefit from the message gvien!!!

church is just as much for the sinners as it is the saints.....

being oppressed would mean that the women would be stoned for showing up at the church dresses like a strippers, which I ain't gonna say doesn't happen at least verbally and emotionally, but well....it shouldn't happen

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Women can't go to Christian churches dressed like a stripper......clearly they're oppressed in some way.

Women generally do not do this out of respect while they are in the house of the Lord. I have attended churches where women did indeed... come to church dressed as strippers and two bit hookers. I have attended churches where it was frowned upon and preached against because that is not the place to be "selling your wares" so to speak. But I have NEVER been to a church where ANYONE was not allowed to walk through that door and take a seat in the pew. Never. If I had, I would have left that church before service even started.

I keep waiting to run into one of these churches everyone always complains about, but it hasn't happened yet. In my 35 years of attending many different churches in several different denominations I have never run into the kinds of things I see posted here.

I understand that there are many who call themselves Christians and act like the furthest thing from it and it gives the whole religion a bad name. But not all of us are like that. There is nothing any of us can say to change that.

Lumping all of anyone into all of anything is always a bad idea IMO.
edit on 8/18/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join