It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A remote viewing experiment for FUN ya'll!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Some people work in a different way. Would you mind assigning a number to your dresser, writing it on your dresser, then posting that number?

It could be numeric, alpha, alpha-numeric, and it doesn't even have to be long. Also, if you could say out loud your intent as you write it, that would be great. Like "this number is my dresser".

I know it sounds weird but I know I'm not the only one this will help.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I like those RV experiments and i am interested in this ever since i heard about it.

My own idea about RV is that it requires an almost "empty" mind and at least an extremely relaxed state of consciousness...the difficulty here is to "turn out" and switch off *any* rational thinking and only rely on the impressions one is getting.

The problem here is, that if someone conducts such an experiment, there are already MANY hints given which make switching off rational "thinking" extremely difficult - because the description.....and the more information is given in advance, the more distorted the results might be.

Example: You mention a dresser which already implies a certain size of the items. It's 9 items, so the items must be relatively small, it can hardly be a bike or a pink elephant

You also mentioned "smell", which immediately made me (consciously) think about food...or maybe rationally "try to guess" something like cosmetics or incense. The problem here, this is not remote viewing, but guessing...and its so difficult to keep the mind clear and let only "undistorted" impressions get in.

Ok..but that being said, i had a short image of a lemon....but probably because i read "smell", then thought about food, something which fit on a dresser, and might have a certain taste/smell.

As for the dresser, right side (from the door), and the wood is orange/reddish maybe. I also thought about something green, maybe green carpet or something green on the dresser.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
1) Dark blue handled hairbrush with black rubber grip.
2) Gold lady’s wrist watch, white face. Thin, rectangular.
3) Silk scarf, peach/beige colour (cherry markings?).
4) Shiny black compact.
5) Small globe.
6) Pad of lined paper.
7) Miniature horse.
8) Hat pin.
9) Glass bottle, half full.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumQuackers

Enjoy yourselves but this thread has nothing to do with the art and science of Remote Viewing.

Enlighten us...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers

Originally posted by DeliriumAquarium

Enjoy yourselves but this thread has nothing to do with the art and science of Remote Viewing.

Intuition, maybe

2nd

Can't tell. There are no controls to validate the "experiment" which makes this thread pure entertainment. Nothing wrong with that but the Subject of the thread is, ahem, "engorged".

Well let's try and remedy that. Of course, there is no way to make it 100% foolproof, but the OP could send the photo to a middleman, such as a moderator. Of course it still wouldn't be the official technique, but different people work in different ways.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
double post, sorry
edit on 15-8-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: dblpost

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Since this is a guessing game and has absolutely nothing to do with real remote viewing; and since our ATS RV instructor disappeared ... I'll play your guessing game. These are just wild guesses mind you.

1. Picture photo of a pet dog or cat (or both together?)
2. Condom used as the primary medium in some sort of craftsy concoction. Ugly, toss it.
3. Poodle statuette. Bleck.
4. 2 bottle caps or corks (memorabilia)
5. hairties in a tray.
6. house and car keys (weren't there when you set this game up)
7. cell phone recharging (again, wasn't part of the original game)
8. diary - page 65 is *censored*
9. tv guide? ack! Oh NO! Not a Big Brother freak!
10. a banana sticker (on mirror so not part of game)
11. cheap plastic costume jewelry - geesh! trash it.
12. toothbrush - either overly used and needed to be replaced 6 months ago, or else just plain all gummied up with dried up pasty toothpaste - white toothpaste - pinkish red toothbrush. - more trash

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

and since our ATS RV instructor disappeared

Do you mean SpiritWarrior?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Intuition, maybe

2nd

Can't tell. There are no controls to validate the "experiment" which makes this thread pure entertainment. Nothing wrong with that but the Subject of the thread is, ahem, "engorged".

Well let's try and remedy that. Of course, there is no way to make it 100% foolproof, but the OP could send the photo to a middleman, such as a moderator. Of course it still wouldn't be the official technique, but different people work in different ways.

What threw me off is that the OP claims to be a remote viewer, but asks US to do it instead of having us set up items for him to find. ???

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyPenfriend

Yes, I meant him. Why do you ask?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Because I am familiar with that thread.

I didn't know he was gone.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MightyPenfriend

Looks like he's still on ATS - just - the thread died in May. He left it hanging.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Maybe he wants to do another one.

I'll contact him.

Take care Trexter and see you around.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

1:a green glass vase
2:a tooth brush
3:underpants (white with brown strip)
4:a silver necklace
5:something velvet
6:a pair of sun glasses
7:a cup of coffee
8:a mirror
9:a rampant rabbit ( mite be in the top draw not sure )

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

For FUN is also in the title my friend. If you don't want to play along then help yourself to other threads.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Everyone has a different technique to RV, if this one does not fit you, then go find one that does. I don't need a number, or any type of set up and a lot of other people don't either.

This is for FUN. Fun means it's just for giggles, and not a serious experiment to prove or disprove, or a forum in which you can judge my talents in RV or the talents of others.

Thank you to those who have taken this for what it is and participated accordingly. Some of you are hitting on a couple, but I won't tell who yet!

Please save your " This isn't really RVing, you're not doing it right" for your mamma. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Everyone has a different technique to RV, if this one does not fit you, then go find one that does. I don't need a number, or any type of set up and a lot of other people don't either.

Randomly guessing nine objects in an untargeted drawer is not Remote Viewing.

Off course some people guessed some right.
edit on 16-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend

Randomly guessing nine objects in an untargeted drawer is not Remote Viewing.

Off course some people guessed some right.
edit on 16-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

What is needed to make this a true test of RVing? And not just random guessing?

I can't do this myself, nor do I know of anyone I know who can either. I am curious, though, and would like to see a genuine instance of remote viewing. Tell me what is required.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join