It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Religion as reality is terrifying to humanity

page: 1
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Lately there has been a attack on christianity, Anderson comes to mind. Of course he cannot attack Jews because he would get the plug, those who created the laws in Leviticus (laws that the Lifestyle change agenda) are using to attack Christianity. Either way I could care less of any of these situations, cowardice is CNN Anderson, afraid to attack jews and muslims obviously. But by attacking Christianity you are attacking Jews as brought up previous (lavaticus) and for attacking that you are also attacking Islam.

Either way this is not a discussion on anderson, its more of a rant on that. if you would like to comment on anderson please do.

Well this thread is a discussion on the reality of Heaven as told through the Abrahamic religions. I believe is a more terrifying thought to mere mortals and a major hurdle through acceptance. Logically, Heaven/hell/purg/ghost are all in a thin veil of another dimension. Nobody had this type of concept back 2,000 years ago. With the help of science, physics we have to a rationality that there is a alternative universe, parallel world. Also, aliens have pointed out the proof that inter dimensional beings may be aliens and/opr Angels. Again
An angel is considered to be a alien on earth, although the design resembles mankind a lot.

Morality and the principal of doing good, charitable, giving, helping, aiding is the core principal to all these. I have found outside salvation through Christianity and inner salvation through Buddahism, All and all jesus did not teach anything of the "self" because Buddah has already done this. If Christ did i wouldn't be going through torment has a Christian as well. Pick up your cross

So then.... You got science backing up religion and many scientist being smart enough to accept both fields, theo/physics/science.

So i feel very angered at people who separate fields and do not accept anything else. Complete blindness of the bigger picture. Although, I am more interested what is outside of our universe than what is inside.
Gonna be 28 soon, I use to be a agnostic/atheist at one time too. and soon you should all find out that you are old enough to handle things on your own, your not a child, some of you....

Your western minds just cannot bend rules that you were program as children to accept as different. You would have to go room to room on different subjects, clouding your indentiy of a union

You people cannot believe what you cannot accept or understand through 10% of brain power that you use. Nothing but mere ants such as myself . The new agers have some of this down, the wiccans have minor ground, those who just do not accumulate the entirety of "all" and are not unified through a single purpose, and that purpose is (living, to live) and universal consciousness (God)

Flesh births flesh, consciousness births consciousness


edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Religion has always been terrifying, despite it NOT being reality ... that's exactly it's selling point... and precisely what has kept it popular ... and those who've disagreed in history, have died... check out the crusades..

Sorry but that's my view...people stick with it because if they don't they are told they will burn ... it's a philosophy of fear...
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
But in other news:

Atheism on the rise:
www.npr.org...

Those claiming to be religious in the US has dropped sharply ... the number claiming to be atheist has risen... I think less people are fearing that mythical hell place that wasn't even IN the old testament.

It's no wonder christianity would be under attack, more people are waking up to the reality of it ... christianity is no more valid than any other religion on the planet since religion was born... Jesus as God is no more valid than Zeus, or Thor...
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Religion has always been terrifying ... that's exactly it's selling point... and precisely what has kept it popular ... and those who've disagreed in history, have died... check out the crusades..

Sorry but that's my view...people stick with it because if they don't they are told they will burn ... it's a philosophy of fear...
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


Isn't fear just a consistent issue through out history? How is there "no fear" if we live in factions (different countries, nations), rely on food, shelter, and money. Tell me how is fear going to be irrelevant? Its called survival. People fear death, many do, many don't,. Until death is no more (being dead) fear will not stop



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Amen.... No wait!



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think from both camps you have the people who want to believe they will be judged for their sins and the other camp that feels as though you can do what you want with zero accountability in the after life. Then there is my school...born into religion and feels deep down that there is something greater but acknowledges the importance of a moral compass...some might argue that when we lose our religion we will be enlightened...another post noted that more and more folks do not believe in god or religion...I would argue that as a result of more and more people no longer following the word of god the world is heading into a spiral...fewer and fewer people respect their neighbors, morality as at a all time low, the internet has led many folks down paths that were better left untraveled. Sure we can harp on the priests for their horrendous behavior including those who lead it but as a whole you cannot judge the church or a religion for the mistakes of men...police are corrupt but most rely on them and acknowledge that there is still good to be found, one could also make the argument that because of a few black people they are all bad or becuase of a few bad italians the lot of them are all gangsters and criminals but we don't. But we judge those who believe what they feel and believe to be as true as evil and agenda driven individuals...that's not the case...we need the ten commandments and frankly I wouldn't care where it came from so as long as we followed some moral compass....



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Isn't fear just a consistent issue through out history? How is there "no fear" if we live in factions (different countries, nations), rely on food, shelter, and money. Tell me how is fear going to be irrelevant? Its called survival. People fear death, many do, many don't,. Until death is no more (being dead) fear will not stop


Governing by fear is a problem whether it's done by religion or other means... I'm not suggesting otherwise, but given the topic.. I won't defend religion by fear...

Fear isn't irrelevant unless it's irrational.. I would say that fear via religion is irrational... fear via the regime controlling your country is practical because you face death there... and if in your particular country religion is enforced via your regime .. it's just as practical and therefore relevant .. and still wrong ... forcing someone to believe in something for fear of their life... is never good...
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


So we fear nothing and the world just keeps getting better..



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by miniatus
 


So we fear nothing and the world just keeps getting better..


When have we ever feared nothing? ... that's laughable .. we're always afraid..

If we feared nothing then I would argue that YES the world would be better.. consider it.. we don't fear russia blowing up the US.. they don't fear us blowing them up .. the middle east doesn't fear any of their neighbors, isreal doesn't fear them.. how would that not make things better? we don't fear anyone so we don't try to invent the next deadliest deterrent ..


The world's problems would be how to make the prettiest flower at that point.. or lets all work together to get beyond mars! or the next best steak recipe ..
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
I think from both camps you have the people who want to believe they will be judged for their sins and the other camp that feels as though you can do what you want with zero accountability in the after life. Then there is my school...born into religion and feels deep down that there is something greater but acknowledges the importance of a moral compass...some might argue that when we lose our religion we will be enlightened...another post noted that more and more folks do not believe in god or religion...I would argue that as a result of more and more people no longer following the word of god the world is heading into a spiral...fewer and fewer people respect their neighbors, morality as at a all time low, the internet has led many folks down paths that were better left untraveled. Sure we can harp on the priests for their horrendous behavior including those who lead it but as a whole you cannot judge the church or a religion for the mistakes of men...police are corrupt but most rely on them and acknowledge that there is still good to be found, one could also make the argument that because of a few black people they are all bad or becuase of a few bad italians the lot of them are all gangsters and criminals but we don't. But we judge those who believe what they feel and believe to be as true as evil and agenda driven individuals...that's not the case...we need the ten commandments and frankly I wouldn't care where it came from so as long as we followed some moral compass....


See, i never once mention church and "it" the building and corporation of church.

The corporate Church is more irrelevant than anything. The internet has created a better awareness and with the fallacy of the church lately, i see no purpose to give money (or ever did) to the church. Thats the issue, people think you have to go to church to live a religious/spiritual lifestyle.

Hello, Jesus taught outside....



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by miniatus
 


So we fear nothing and the world just keeps getting better..


When have we ever feared nothing? ... that's laughable .. we're always afraid..

If we feared nothing then I would argue that YES the would would be better.. consider it.. we don't fear russia blowing up the US.. they don't fear us blowing them up .. the middle east doesn't fear any of their neighbors, isreal doesn't fear them.. how would that not make things better?


The world's problems would be how to make the prettiest flower at that point.. or lets all work together to get beyond mars!
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


Well the politics in those REGIONS are built upon fear, fear from there own government, including U.s. civilans as well lately. So now we fear our government (post 911)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


You know what I mean with respect to religion...the world would not be better if we feared nothing just as it's horrible to have no feeling when it comes to pain...we need fear just as we need morality and compassion



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Well the politics in those REGIONS are built upon fear, fear from there own government, including U.s. civilans as well lately. So now we fear our government (post 911)


That only reinforces my point.. the topic talks about religion being terrifying.. I agreed.. and I said why, and I explained why fear is bad and how it would be better if we didn't have fear at all ..

Again... fear is bad...

A lot of people though, have irrational fears.. fears are often invented... and ATS is a place to plant those seeds, water them and watch them grow.. even if they don't have substance... we've all seen that



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River
 


"Hello, Jesus taught outside"....thanks for the sarcasm



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


I agree with you fully. The only way we can create less fear is a NWO-type scenery



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by miniatus
 


I agree with you fully. The only way we can create less fear is a NWO-type scenery


I'm not for the NWO as ATS often describes it .. this big bad horrible thing looking to ruin us all ..

I think though that if we're ever to get beyond "America" "Europe" "Asia" ... "Middle East" .. we need to grow the $&#^$ up and realize we're one community on a big marble in the sky .. and if there is other life out there we're only going to look like a fragmented mess ... so ultimately I think one world government is a natural progression as we evolve .. physically, mentally and emotionally .. right now we're all too arrogant and segregated... and what segregates us the most? ... anyone? ... religion .. that thing that they all think they are 100% right on =) ... and can't possibly be .. but nobody is willing to say "ok .. maybe I was wrong"

The waking up of the human race, I think, will be realizing.. wait.. we were all wrong.. religion isn't it .. we're all children of the cosmos... we are a member of the universe so if we work together, pool resources.. we can step far beyond our current boundries.
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by miniatus
 
... religion .. that thing that they all think they are 100% right on =) ... and can't possibly be .. but nobody is willing to say "ok .. maybe I was wrong"
The waking up of the human race, I think, will be realizing.. wait.. we were all wrong.. religion isn't it .. we're all children of the cosmos... we are a member of the universe
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


I disagree about the religion comment. I can change your religion argument into a Politic argument. That the crusade war, killing many blah blah blah was a move politically rather than religiously, christ never said kill the heathans, islam did that ROFL, i've read the Koran.. vatican to this day is just one big major political right wing movement. Honestly, politics killed many, those who use religion to kill.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by miniatus
 
... religion .. that thing that they all think they are 100% right on =) ... and can't possibly be .. but nobody is willing to say "ok .. maybe I was wrong"
The waking up of the human race, I think, will be realizing.. wait.. we were all wrong.. religion isn't it .. we're all children of the cosmos... we are a member of the universe
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


I disagree about the religion comment. I can change your religion argument into a Politic argument. That the crusade war, killing many blah blah blah was a move politically rather than religiously, christ never said kill the heathans, islam did that ROFL, i've read the Koran.. vatican to this day is just one big major political right wing movement. Honestly, politics killed many, those who use religion is kill.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)


Think what you wish, fix your quote by the way...

But the Christian crusades were as misguided and INCORRECT I admit as any extremist muslim act.. in fact that's the best case of christian extremism there is =) ... wiped out pagans (yet adopted their rituals and dates oddly... see christmas / winter solstice ) and anyone else who were anti-christian in the path .. we're quick to say terrorism ok by islam.. it's not ... nor were the crusades, technically .. by the bible/God/Jesus...

It doesn't change the fact that the crusades were in the name of Christianity and Muslim terrorist attacks are in the name of islam... both are WRONG and both thought they were right ...

It changes nothing...
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


I agree with you, but until you find a quote that saids Jesus said to beat queers, and kill millions than religion is clear of its name, in its original form. Not some pope, power craze person who wields with swords and fear in the name of God, thats old school barbaric, were modern now, they just do pedofile and german porn operation. lol how we have change
maybe, just maybe, man has been misguided (interpretation) for 2,000 years... probably way longer than that.

i cant fix it, guess i'm stupid
edit on 15-8-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by miniatus
 


I agree with you, but until you find a quote that saids Jesus said to beat queers, and kill millions than religion is clear of its name, in its original form. Not some pope, power craze person who wields with swords and fear in the name of God, thats old school barbaric, were modern now, they just do pedofile and german porn operation. lol how we have change

my comment is from a game


I'd never find a quote that said beat queers? ..how and why would you even suggest that? .. I think the anti-gay sentiment in Christianity is also entirely invented.. it didn't exist in the original texts .. ( same can be say with much in the new testament ) .. I am an atheist .. I don't believe in in deity .. there's far too many to choose from and they all tend to think they are the only one... that to me highlights the absurdity of religion.. to me the only big shame is the fact so many hundreds of thousands, if not millions over time .. had to die because of religious fervor .. Religion I think is the #1 cause of death in the history of man.




top topics



 
4
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join