It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm losing my mind! Who's with me?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Hard to say.

I can say that my memory has been bad for some time now. However, with me it is a somewhat conscious decision. It is better that way. My memories and I are not friends.

I do sometimes wonder, though, if our memories are simply suffering from a lack of use. We have clocks and times everywhere, calculators, thousands of information at our finger tips. I mean, really, why do we need to remember anything in this day and age?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Where do you live? Because radiation poisoning leads to memory loss and we don't fully understand how the Fukashima nuclear power plant leak will affect us.

Source: www.berks-county-lawyer.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The past few years I have often forgot what I was talking about in mid sentence. Maybe it's just me getting older (28) or having a kid always distracting me or... wait what?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I guess it depends on how you live your life, and you you "manage" your memories. I'll try to explain what I mean. I've always lived a very "busy" life. As a kid, it was honors classes and after-school "advanced" classes (like taking high school chemistry in 5th grade.) orchestra, my own band for a few years, baseball. In High School, I worked 30 hours a week during the school year. In college, I worked 2 jobs while going to school full-time. I've always had a large and active social circle, friends, family, dating. I currently work around 60 hours a week and am married with a 10 week old baby boy. Still have a lot of friends and visit with family often. I don't sleep much. I'm a very healthy/natural eater, I exercise regularly, don't take meds, except on rare occasions some hay-fever required benadryl.

Now, with all that said...I rarely feel stressed, or hectic, and I believe a large part of that has to do with how I "manage my memory" - I keep the mundane day-to-day things organized. My keys, my wallet - always go in the same place. I don't have to expend any energy remembering where I put my keys, etc. Day to day work stuff, I keep track of with redundant computer systems. I can't tell you what's going on with "work issue x" without looking it up - that's by design. I don't want all that stuff jumbling up my brain.
Day-to-day life happenings, interpersonal relationships, etc., I feel like I convert to an overall single "memory" of that person/thing/whatever, rather than a collection of memories. I don't try to recall who I saw a certain movie with, but I know I have a collection of friends, and my wife, whom I see movies with. If I ever want to "recall" something specific, like "was Eric with us when we saw that horrible movie Cloverdale?", I can usually figure it out by working back through to it. The thing is, I usually just don't see the need to dredge up such details, because it's the overall relationship and collective experiences with people that matters, not so much the mundane building blocks of the bigger picture.

I remember, nor know anything about anything anyone posts on Facebook, twitter, etc. I don't know anything about the television schedule except that every Sunday I watch a couple hours of recorded TV - I don't know when those shows happened, and I don't remember and repeat quotes from the shows.

Now, more "memorable" events, I remember in vivid detail like they were yesterday. Whether from 30 years ago, 2 years ago, or 2 weeks ago, it's as I'd it was only yesterday. They're more important, more impactful. My memory banks are more clear for the things which are more important to remember in detail.

So overall, I guess what I'm getting at is, there is a limit to effective memory, and how efficient yours works for the things you really want it for is probably exactly like how a computer works, just way more advanced. If you load your PC up with inefficient programs, like AOL instant messenger, and iTunes, with its companion slew of background programs, your computer is already going to be half drained of ability before you even get to anything you actually want to do with it. And if you fill your hard drive with movies, eventually you're going to have to compress and stash some of them to make room for more pictures. Much the same, if your brain is busy with concern about mundane things, or focused on memorizing things which aren't really necessary to remember, then there isn't going to be enough "power/space" available for what you want.

I believe a lot of what we as a society have going on these days lends itself to poor memory. Too much clutter, too many low-level stressors - even the ones we don't think are bothering us (like faraway negative news, for example.) I think we need to actively decide what and where to file away our memories, and how to filter some more of the little things to the "compressed files" storage.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I guess it depends on how you live your life, and you you "manage" your memories. I'll try to explain what I mean. I've always lived a very "busy" life. As a kid, it was honors classes and after-school "advanced" classes (like taking high school chemistry in 5th grade.) orchestra, my own band for a few years, baseball. In High School, I worked 30 hours a week during the school year. In college, I worked 2 jobs while going to school full-time. I've always had a large and active social circle, friends, family, dating. I currently work around 60 hours a week and am married with a 10 week old baby boy. Still have a lot of friends and visit with family often. I don't sleep much. I'm a very healthy/natural eater, I exercise regularly, don't take meds, except on rare occasions some hay-fever required benadryl.

Now, with all that said...I rarely feel stressed, or hectic, and I believe a large part of that has to do with how I "manage my memory" - I keep the mundane day-to-day things organized. My keys, my wallet - always go in the same place. I don't have to expend any energy remembering where I put my keys, etc. Day to day work stuff, I keep track of with redundant computer systems. I can't tell you what's going on with "work issue x" without looking it up - that's by design. I don't want all that stuff jumbling up my brain.
Day-to-day life happenings, interpersonal relationships, etc., I feel like I convert to an overall single "memory" of that person/thing/whatever, rather than a collection of memories. I don't try to recall who I saw a certain movie with, but I know I have a collection of friends, and my wife, whom I see movies with. If I ever want to "recall" something specific, like "was Eric with us when we saw that horrible movie Cloverdale?", I can usually figure it out by working back through to it. The thing is, I usually just don't see the need to dredge up such details, because it's the overall relationship and collective experiences with people that matters, not so much the mundane building blocks of the bigger picture.

I remember, nor know anything about anything anyone posts on Facebook, twitter, etc. I don't know anything about the television schedule except that every Sunday I watch a couple hours of recorded TV - I don't know when those shows happened, and I don't remember and repeat quotes from the shows.

Now, more "memorable" events, I remember in vivid detail like they were yesterday. Whether from 30 years ago, 2 years ago, or 2 weeks ago, it's as I'd it was only yesterday. They're more important, more impactful. My memory banks are more clear for the things which are more important to remember in detail.

So overall, I guess what I'm getting at is, there is a limit to effective memory, and how efficient yours works for the things you really want it for is probably exactly like how a computer works, just way more advanced. If you load your PC up with inefficient programs, like AOL instant messenger, and iTunes, with its companion slew of background programs, your computer is already going to be half drained of ability before you even get to anything you actually want to do with it. And if you fill your hard drive with movies, eventually you're going to have to compress and stash some of them to make room for more pictures. Much the same, if your brain is busy with concern about mundane things, or focused on memorizing things which aren't really necessary to remember, then there isn't going to be enough "power/space" available for what you want.

I believe a lot of what we as a society have going on these days lends itself to poor memory. Too much clutter, too many low-level stressors - even the ones we don't think are bothering us (like faraway negative news, for example.) I think we need to actively decide what and where to file away our memories, and how to filter some more of the little things to the "compressed files" storage.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I've noticed this too OP and i'm only 21. Maybe I had to make room for all the new knowledge I got at ATS and other sites and I forgot my indoctrination at public school. I have to really make an effort for a memory to 'sink in' before I will really remember. Most of my childhood is a complete blur. Bits and pieces.

I have a theory, if chemtrails are real and they are spraying Aluminum, wouldn't that affect our memories? I thought Aluminum was a cause of Oldtimers (Alziemers). Just a theory.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
You're a dope. You fell into the matrix and now there is no turning back. For you to post this you are now on "their" radar and I wish you well. Lemme guess- youre under 30, your job is not "earth-shattering" and you want more from life, just ain't quite sure how you ended up on a conspiracy site and STILL get no recognition.
Lemme give you some advice, same I give the rest of the young Turks that come here looking to understand the cosmos. Believe EVERYTHING and NOTHING, don't be a dope, we all have agendas, we are all respectable inWour own way. we all are looking for an audience

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well laugh if you must, but yes, it's something to do with the "increase of cosmic energy" coming to the earth. More solar flares, more magnetic energy in the air, the poles shifting, and we ARE moving in the galactic center. You'll probably notice that you CAN remember most important things that you need to. I mean, I'll be sitting AT my computer, staring at the wall thinking, then a question comes into my mind and I think, "Oh I'll google that." I turn to the computer, bring up Google, and I have NO idea what I was going to google - FIVE seconds later! Comes and goes. Don't worry about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I could tell you what it is but it may not be what you want to hear
I suggest looking into ascension symptoms as everyone that i associate with who is awakened complain of similar things. I myself have experienced this and much more. It is perfectly normal though. Our bodies are undergoing such an immense change that we have to begin to understand but soon all will be clear. The first commentator hit the hammer on the head. What you are doing is awakening from this illusion we call day to day life.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There are a lot of interesting ideas so far in this thread but I think the best approach to understanding your situation is to start wit the most likely reasons already mentioned here a few times and that would be the diet.

You mentioned you eat healthy but could you dig a little deeper into that. I'm finding that it's really hard to eat healthy. It takes an out of the ordinary effort to do so. A couple of years ago I was browsing around in a bookstore and started skimming a book called the "Ultra Mind Solution" -- if I remember correctly ;-). It was a real eye opener. Written by an M.D. who describes symptoms similar to your own. He became very interested in finding the root cause of his problems. One detail I found surprising is the connection between the gut bacteria and brain function. The gut is a chemical powerhouse of your body and can greatly affect mental function.

He has also written another book which I think is even more profound and critically important for a huge percentage of the population. It's titled "Diabesity" and basically the thesis as I understand it, is that many of us have consumed so many processed carbs in the form of enriched wheat flour, high fructose corn syrup, and other harmful sugars that we have become severely insulin resistant. There appears to be a connection between dementia and insulin resistance and shrinkage of the brain. Not to mention the suspected link to arthiritis and other similar inflamations. Often people go to the doctor and get their blood sugar checked but yet fail to get their insulin checked... much more important!! Anyway about that book, I think it got some bad reviews because his website recommended some expensive supplements, but to be fair the author himself says that mostly your pharmacy should be the local grocery store and specifically the vegetable aisle.

Anyway I'm not a doctor but would recommend you do some research for yourself in these directions and see if you can get on a practical path to self-healing via proper food. And don't assume you're eating healthy just because you might like to eat a salad for lunch or something. I'm not sure what you actually eat but i've seen a lot of so called health food that has various artificial colors and high frutose corn syrup. The later is just a total abomination and these days any company using this garbage food is in my opinion operating a highly unethical business.

And as far as the other hypothesis mentioned in this thread already, they may have some basis in truth but start with a good baseline first, the diet, and branch out from there with other ideas if that does not hold all the answers.

The other two factors I that have been helpful to me personally are proper sleep and at least some daily exercise. I hate running but I find walking is sufficient to help me sleep better. I've also been reading how too much light exposure just before bed can lead to poor sleep so dim the lights and maybe turn off the laptop a bit before it's time to turn in. If that still doesn't work you might try some gaba or theanine. Sleep issues may not be a problem for you but throwing it out there for others just in case.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I know several people that have experienced the same thing in recent years.

We all should know about the deadly chemicals in our food, water, body product's, medicine's and our air.

So at some point, problems will surface and i believe this is one of the effects.

As well as many others.

Also consider what damage all the electronics are doing to us!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So your loosing your mind huh? I was going to say same thing else but I forgot what I was going to say....Damn, I hate when that happens..

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone! I've been away from ATS with a sick child for a couple days so I'm going to catch up and jump back in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join