It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Says Veteran Lone Wolf Extremists Will Carry Out More Violent Attacks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The only vets I have a problem w/ are those that murder innocent lives.

It's hard for me to see anyone fighting in a war that's proven to be illegal. Well, iraq defenitely...the rest of our wars...??? I say we don't need to be there, they did not attack us! People then bring up college and a job for those that aren't able or privileged enough to go to college. My question...how far will you go to sell your soul for a job or a college education...so I'm sick of that excuse.

The only other thing that makes me sad....vets that come back and are glorified Hero's. I know many Americans...that deserve that same admiration and more for what they do. Look...everyone should be treated equal....everyone should be able to go to college, buy a house, ect...but because of a select greedy few and the use of the military for that gain...it's become impossible to live the American dream....let's fight for that and not over what belongs to others.

I know this post is about vets be painted as terrorist ect...they're not the only ones USED in the propaganda machine....we should fight for all those being used and killed...

edit on 17-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

It's hard for me to see anyone fighting in a war that's proven to be illegal. Well, iraq defenitely...the rest of our wars...???

The only recent illegal war was Libya. Congress voted on Iraq and Afghanistan.

I say we don't need to be there, they did not attack us!

Many vets would agree with you here. Congress should not declare war unless there is a REAL (not perceived) threat.

People then bring up college and a job for those that aren't able or privileged enough to go to college. My question...how far will you go to sell your soul for a job or a college education...so I'm sick of that excuse.

Enlisting is not selling your soul!

Quote one person who said they would kill anybody overseas for free college.

VERY FEW people sign up because they WANT to go to war…and most of those who say they do are usually the biggest blowhards and are ultimately proven to be cowards.

The only other thing that makes me sad....vets that come back and are glorified Hero's. I know many Americans...that deserve that same admiration and more for what they do.

You don’t have to be in war to be a hero. Heroism happens every day here in America and abroad. That shouldn’t diminish the heroism by our troops though. You shouldn’t be offended when a military member is proclaimed a hero. Why can’t you see that risking your life for your beliefs IS heroism? Is it because you don’t share that person’s beliefs?

That’s pretty selfish, no?

Look...everyone should be treated equal....everyone should be able to go to college, buy a house, ect...but because of a select greedy few and the use of the military for that gain...it's become impossible to live the American dream....let's fight for that and not over what belongs to others.

It’s not impossible to live the American dream and everyone is treated equally under the law. Equality doesn't mean everyone should get a silver spoon in their mouth; there is no free ride.

Nobody has to ‘sell their soul’ to prosper in America. Too many people look at their own shortcomings in life and want to rationalize them. Just because some people can’t figure out how to get ahead doesn’t mean those who have did something wrong to get there.

edit on 17-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by seabag

Homeland Security actually harassed me and my family for a while because of my veteran status. When I was deployed over seas once and I met this Danish chic and was just crazy about her. Soon after I got back from that deployment, I got out of the military. I would call her and email her and made countless trips to Denmark. They actually broke into a few of my phone calls with her and asked us questions. Called almost everyone in my family and asked about our relationship and why I travel back and forth from the US and Denmark so frequently. They let me know they would monitor my calls and emails and such because of my time in the military and my "suspicious" traveling habits. Quite annoying.

Annoying? Man that's plain crazy. I have become very ashamed of this nation, but it's not just happening here I'm sure. This is a global endeavor by the power brokers of the world. The British, French, Israelis et al are part of this. I just wonder if there's hope? I guess maybe there's no going back.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Annoying? Man that's plain crazy. I have become very ashamed of this nation, but it's not just happening here I'm sure. This is a global endeavor by the power brokers of the world. The British, French, Israelis et al are part of this. I just wonder if there's hope? I guess maybe there's no going back.

As long as people like us keep calling them out and raising awareness there is ALWAYS hope.

I refuse to believe that the average human-freaking-being can’t read the writing on the wall at this stage of the game! CERATAINLY the majority of people on ATS have to have a clue (though I often wonder)!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Bilk22

As long as people like us keep calling them out and raising awareness there is ALWAYS hope.

I refuse to believe that the average human-freaking-being can’t read the writing on the wall at this stage of the game! CERATAINLY the majority of people on ATS have to have a clue (though I often wonder)!

The average human being is being dumbed down. Just look at the school system for evidence of that. Then they're programming kids who are capable of retaining information.

I unfortunately know too many people who no longer read or even watch news. Some are incapable of disseminating it. Some ore effected by it to a point they no longer want to know. Some are just lazy and would rather watch Jersey shore. Some don't look for alternative news sources to see if what they're being told is verifiable and true. Those that do read are usually reading main stream publications and mostly the NY Times. Neither of those touch upon anything controversial or attack the status quo. Mindless sheeple cannot dissent until it's too late to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I unfortunately know too many people who no longer read or even watch news. Some are incapable of disseminating it. Some ore effected by it to a point they no longer want to know. Some are just lazy and would rather watch Jersey shore.

This is true but you must also remember two things:

1) only @ 3 million men fought in the civil war while @120 million voted in 2008, which means more people are awake these days, and

2) when people’s way of life is drastically altered you’d be surprised how quickly they will join the fight to restore it (including the people watching Jersey Shore and American idol).

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Poor Panetta. He was afraid of being shot by his own people.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

The question should be what has he done to be so fearful?

Guilty conscience?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by rtyfx

The question should be what has he done to be so fearful?

Guilty conscience?

Probably. Everyone at that level is dirty.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

and what evidence is this based on exactly? they are some pretty serious allegations, and you seem very sure of it, so where are you getting your information from? gut feeling perhaps? seems like a big leap of faith without any kind of evidence to support your statement

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Agree, this is very disturbing. Fit a LOT of that little list they have nowadays myself. Married to military, too, so gee, I must be a "threat". It's sickening. The thing is, though, good people still know the military is on their side. Of course, those people are also on those lists.

I don't think it's as much about disarming military, as someone suggested, as it is about making a lot of people distrust them, so that as they continue to push this "If you see something, say something." crap, more will be suspicious of their veteran and military friends and neighbors, and report them for no good reason.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
s/f
USMC here ( Honorable )

This doesn't surprise me. 400,000 brain injuries to our troops. I always thought they were sent on a mission to be slaughter and broken. Fighting an enemy without a uniform. 10 years and now they are going to throw a net on the most senior patriots the The Constitution..

This traitors and criminals in DC need an enema.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nonono

Sounds like you know most of the soldiers in service to their countries. You make a statement like that. Period like all soldiers are guilty of a crime because they stand in uniform. Let me ask you a question. I don't know where you live or call the mother land but if your country needed to defend itself , who is going to do the defending?
The mailman?
My point is you have now sympathy for a soldier. That is easy to say when your not doing the dying or the bleeding.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Veterans and those individuals who are deemed as independent types will be the first ones rounded up. In all of the exercises I have participated in as well as help to plan one of the first and foremost aspects is to round up the "leaders" in a community to take away the leadership as seen by the population. As well as to establish control beyond any doubt. I know many think its all just another conspiracy about the NWO, Police State and other aspects but having played the game with those who plan those games, all I'll say is you'd best bring your A game and then some.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join