It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Says Veteran Lone Wolf Extremists Will Carry Out More Violent Attacks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They EXPECT, or perhaps at best, hope,
that a pissed off Veteran collective will eventually act out, it's the design.
This is taking preventive measures for when "the Rebellion" occurs.

They anticipate attacks because they know they have become a legitimate target.
Justice will be served at some point by the few and the proud, "they" need to train the next-generation to be fearful of Vets and to resent their "traitorous" ways so that if actions took place, the government's defence forces would subvert such an attempt.

I'm not sure what I just said makes any sense, it's what I felt though..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

While I appreciate your skepticism and with all due respect, I’m not going on a wild goose chase to source every article I’ve read over the past 10 years to appease you so I’ll just submit this…..

DHS has identified the threat….read the “Key Findings” on pages 2, 3 and 4; it’s very telling:

DHS Assessment

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have seen that...

and I think the intended effect is starting to surface..

IMO.. they want folks to get riled up about it... and create the situation that they propose..

I understand that I am approaching it on a different tangent..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

They EXPECT, or perhaps at best, hope,
that a pissed off Veteran collective will eventually act out, it's the design.
This is taking preventive measures for when "the Rebellion" occurs.

They anticipate attacks because they know they have become a legitimate target.
Justice will be served at some point by the few and the proud, "they" need to train the next-generation to be fearful of Vets and to resent their "traitorous" ways so that if actions took place, the government's defence forces would subvert such an attempt.

I totally understand where you're coming from and I think you’re on the right track…

However, I don’t think they “anticipate” attacks; I think they are trying to instigate attacks. I think the reason they high jacked and continue to instigate and provoke the Tea Party and Occupy movements is to spark the crackdown they seek. The demonization of the groups I named (mainly veterans) is simply because they know these groups pose the greatest threat to them. They are laying the groundwork and planting that seed in the public's mind so when they finally MAKE something happen they can target these threatening groups first.

They don’t care about angry sign holders or the punk kids who throw rocks!

They damn sure fear combat veterans who support the constitution and have PROVEN their willingness and ability to fight for freedom and justice; they’re not stupid!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I have seen that...

and I think the intended effect is starting to surface..

IMO.. they want folks to get riled up about it... and create the situation that they propose..

I understand that I am approaching it on a different tangent.

I don’t know anyone ready to take action or start an armed conflict….do you?

I agree that TPTB seek a conflict but I think they have a clever strategy. I think they’re conditioning the population to accept that veterans, right-wingers, gun owners, etc. are the new enemy. This is the same build up we saw before every recent war….they identify the enemy and condition the masses in advance so people are onboard before it happens. Meanwhile they continue to chip away at gun rights and everything they despise so when the time comes and they finally get the breakdown they seek they will have significantly debilitated their main enemies.

This is a military strategy that is often employed: build allies, demonize the enemy, break down the enemy’s logistics and support structure, and when the enemy is weakest and most vulnerable – strike. The beauty of their strategy is that the longer this drags out the more it helps them. It doesn’t have to end violently though. Most people today (who are aware of what's going on) are fighting this war in the courts, voting booths, communities, and various forms of media around the country and trying to stop their attempts to weaken us.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My fellow Veterans, I believe it is time to show them what we think about their slanderous accusations. I say we all get in contact with our local veterans groups and organize a show of political shock and awe. i think we need to have a 5 million Veteran march to put this in perspective for them. Demanding that they stop taking a mentally derenged citizens actions, as proof of all Veterans guilt of said actions. This is the same as trying to say all muslims blah blah blah, or all black people blah blah blah. There is no difference. We are protected by law from being discriminated against because of our Veterans status. It is a right, and as such, we need to exercize it.

Having said all of that I am very proud to have served my country, and I am very proud to have continued the tradition of excellence that our armed forces have upheld. And I am very proud to count myself amongst you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I can definitely agree with that statement..

I just had an issue with that sourced article...

You have the Gov't trying to instill fear, and articles like that that prey on the same folks trying to instill more fear..

better to see it for what it is, with a keen eye, and remain calm..

emotion is not your friend when dealing with this type of info..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

My fellow Veterans, I believe it is time to show them what we think about their slanderous accusations. I say we all get in contact with our local veterans groups and organize a show of political shock and awe. i think we need to have a 5 million Veteran march to put this in perspective for them. Demanding that they stop taking a mentally derenged citizens actions, as proof of all Veterans guilt of said actions.

That sounds like something Oath Keepers should organize.

The only negative I see to this is that it might give away our actual troop strength.

I'd rather maintain the element of surprise or they'll start ordering more bullets!

edit on 15-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How many Veterans carried out attacks or organized themselves in terrorists organization, that such a concern is warranted?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

How many Veterans carried out attacks or organized themselves in terrorists organization, that such a concern is warranted?

Organized and actually did something?? NONE that I’m aware of…

There have been “lone wolf” (single shooter) attacks by a few veterans but for every one veteran who goes nuts there has probably been 400 non-veteran rampages that aren’t national news.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And veterans are trained in weapons use, tactical maneuvers and are willing to risk death....what a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

In fact Veterans have rebelled before: during Shay's Rebellion over taxes in the late 1780s and the Bonus Army march on Washington after WW1 during the Great Depression.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Mainstream media has spun the propaganda perfectly by asserting that “the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.”

...and people still have patriotism after being labeled a potential terrorist before they even come back or serve? Wow. I would love to serve a gov't that has already labelled me a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
However, I don’t think they “anticipate” attacks; I think they are trying to instigate attacks. I think the reason they high jacked and continue to instigate and provoke the Tea Party and Occupy movements is to spark the crackdown they seek.

What if they manufactured those movements rather then hijacked?

It would be like drawing moths to a flame.

They could data-mine the information on every single person attending any of these events to create personality profiles and further investigations, from there depending on their motives, they would know what they are up against and how to slowly disseminate us as a collective force. Effectively killing any cohesion from gaining ground, thus forcing people to work in this lone wolf kind of manner, less effective resistance and pro-government propaganda for the uninformed (not their fault but the environment they find themselves in).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This just makes me absolutely sick. As a veteran I am now a target. Maybe this is why I was told I had to go on a waiting list just to recieve therapy at the VA. It is obvious what is happening and it is just plain flat out wrong. I am almost speechless right now. Like you Seabag I have been reading about this for some time and it is in the forefront now more than ever.I bet we are all on a list somewhere within the DHS, possibly even catagorized in different threat levels due to military experience and our daily activities because I'm sure we are all being watched in some manner currently. Heck, they probably already looged in the ammo I bought today. To bad they didn't see me shoot most of it right away though.

I truly hope this backfires in the facs of TPTB but the only way that will happen is by us Veterans being vocal about what is happening and educating others we come in to contact with. My family knows what the government is doing and they don't like it at all. Myself and my oldest sister are both veterans and we have both had troubled times becuase of our service. Us Veterans need to maintain our self control no matter how much of this Nazi propaganda is spewed out to the public.

Violent outburst in rebellion will only lead to TPTB achieving their goal. I as a veteran stand ready to serve my fellow countrymen. However, I along with all others willing, can not and will not do so until our countrymen are behind us 100% Any attempt at a revolution would be quickly squashed without the full support of the people. So until Reality television and Facebook and all the other distractions go away I don't think there will be many uprisings.

I wonder just how far TPTB are willing to take this one.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Starred!

I agree, we don't need anyone doing anything outragious! We need to be vocal and stand up for our rights, we already stood up for everyone elses. How is the office of Veterans affairs not stopping this? How are TNS ( THE NEWS SHOW, AKA main stream media) covering this? I haven't watched any for years, as they only spew propoganda and hate and divisive rhetoric.

I am down for whatever course of action ALL the other Veterans wish to follow as long as it has a chance of peacefully resolving this unfortunate situation. I believe it is necessary to begin contacting some of my former battle buddies both in and out to see what they are thinking. Whatever course though, we need to be united and peaceful, or it will only make things far far worse, as it will be giving aid to our detractors arsenal.

As always I took an oath, and will do as the people will. At the present time the people wish for peace, as it were, so I will respect their will, I incourage all others to do the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by seabag

Great thread Seabag.

Sad that the Gubermant is crapping on those that served. Whats next?

I say those that served (myself included) go crap right back on the gubermant.........

don't ya think it's time we bent them over the proverbial knee and spank their @$$'s a good one.
Don't be afraid of these government goons, the worst they can do is kill ya.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Starred

I do belief death is a small price to pay for our freedom, I am not convinced we can't make a big enough stink to scare them strait without violence though. I believe that if we ALL stand together and demand a public apology, and a end to these rediculous attempts to assassinate the character of all Vets, we will get both. Most Americans love Vets and don't believe the hype at all, and will be more than happy to help.

I wouldn't wish civies to get involved though unless necessary, as most lack the level of discipline that current and prior service personel have already. Less of a chance of somthing not wanted happening. IMHO. Of course

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They are afraid that the veterans will aide us. I got nothing but respect for a veteran and nothing will change that.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

"They" are right we would, without question, reguardless of the consequences. That's just part of the package when you got a bunch of rough around the edges, freedom loving people, who also happen to care a great deal about their fellow countrymen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join