It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

God will protect us? Good, that's all I need to know.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

I got $20 down that he comes out of the closet eventually and claims he is Jesus...

Surprisingly, in my time on ATS, I've only seen one person who actually believed that he was Christ, good old Michael C. I occasionally keep an eye on his blog, he's still at it, lol.

To the OP, here is the orthodox explanation: in the afterlife, there is only one place where God is not, Hell, which was created for demons, not man. In the end, it is not God who sends one there, it is by their own request that people go there -- they have spent their life not wanting anything to do with God, and that's what they are given.

That's not entirely what I believe, but it seems a reasonable perspective.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ah, this is where free will comes into play again.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

No, that's jargon for hell, or any other place similar to it. It's propaganda, dogma, bull#, or anything else along those lines.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The choice god gave to me freely. I do not choose to go to hell, so how am I making the choice to go there? Are you implying god is forcing me to go there?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, that's jargon for hell, or any other place similar to it. It's propaganda, dogma, bull#, or anything else along those lines.

man the Catholics did some damage... those were different times though.

American (Puritans) got away from all that jazz for the most part but when I hear that word or read it Catholicism immediately come to mind.

Funny as hell too (pun intended) the Catholic church just slammed a group of Japanese Catholics about getting up to date with their beliefs.
edit on 15-8-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So, changes ... they are a coming?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You choose not to repent because you feel that your worldly sins are not greater than those that are seemingly not equal to you because all the kind days you have lived and you choose not to repent and seek forgiveness and try to do better in the eyes of the creator.
You do not except the greatest action than any person has ever given you and you are receiving strong delusion.

Do you seek forgiveness for your trespasses regardless of your own understanding of sin?
Do you believe in the holy spirit?

I DO HOPE THAT I AM WRONG.

edit on 15-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: had to

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

So, changes ... they are a coming?

yes ... the Pope is not the father nor does he have a direct link to God and his only appointed spokesperson.

that is something I do not subscribe to...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Hey, anyone got any info. on the photocopied papers stolen from the Pope's desk?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Hey, anyone got any info. on the photocopied papers stolen from the Pope's desk?

I didn't hear of it yet, now my curiosity is peaked...

I still say all we sub-genre's of the faith should pull together and raid the Vatican archives though.
edit on 15-8-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes, those copies are circulating...it's only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Says it all right there:

"He said that “seeing evil and corruption everywhere in the church,” he reached “a point of no return” and felt compelled to act. He said he was fascinated by the world of intelligence, or spying, and believed that in some way, the Holy Spirit played that role in the church, and he was the Holy Spirit’s instrument"

Source

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Counter question. Why do you think you belong in heaven?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I received the holy spirit the moment I was conceived, so did everyone else. So yes, I do believe in it, just not in the same way you do.

I do not ascribe to the notion that I am a sinner, thus not worthy in the eyes of god. I am worthy, as is everyone who lives a good life and treats others with kindness and love.

If you believe I am not worthy of getting into heaven, well I've already made it, as have you.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The way I act is modeled around what Jesus taught, so I am not refusing to do what he loves, which is love itself.

Jesus and the Father loved many things but these are the most often mentioned - justice, righteousness, and mercy.

Jesus and the Father also hated many things but these are most often mentioned - injustice, unrighteousness, and mercilessness.

I really hope, this is the 'love' you are speaking of.

That is why you cannot love this world, apart from God's creations - nature, animals, people, and Earth. The world apart from God's creations is full of unrighteousness, injustice, and mercilessness.

Everything that man has made and established was to the destruction, abuse, and suffering of God's creations. That is why God's love is not upon anyone who loves this world, anyone who trusts in this world, anyone who works for this world, anyone who takes enjoyment from this world.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Is everyone searching stolen papers from Pope's office?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

So you don't trust anything in this world? You don't love anything in this world? You don't work toward anything in this world? You don't take joy from anything in this world?

Sorry to say, but what a sad existence you must live without joy, love, and trust. If I am to live in self-loathing in order to receive love from god, I do not want his love.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

God will give you love unconditionally, just ask.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I do not ascribe to the notion that I am a sinner, thus not worthy in the eyes of god. I am worthy, as is everyone who lives a good life and treats others with kindness and love.

Not good enough. You must love your neighbors as yourself. Who are your neighbors?

Read up "Parable of the Good Samaritan"

You can't believe God and deny Jesus. To deny one is to deny both.

To Love God is the ultimate display of care and love to all of God's creations who are suffering from man's creations.

To Love God is to give up everything you have, all your possessions, your dreams for this world, your career, to help those 16,000 children dying around the world everyday and more that are suffering.

You can't even justify making money for the poor in man's creations for this corrupt system in the first place is responsible for much suffering in the world.

This not heaven yet. Billions of people in substandard living conditions, a billion hungry, thousands starving to death everyday, Billions in slave-like work conditions (sweatshops). You think this is heaven? You need to get out there for some breath of reality.

How can you even take pleasure in the good things in this world without guilt? Any pleasure in this world equates to misery, sweat and tears to others. We are to give everything to give this suffering world even a momentary rest.

You can't blame the poor for not working hard enough. Some of them never got a chance, they were born to desperately poor parents, huge problems everyday, they no longer have any energy for education, etc. Some were even born in war-torn places, those who could help them are too afraid to go in, they love their lives too much! Who else will help them?? Who else will love them??

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join