It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

The way I act is modeled around what Jesus taught, so I am not refusing to do what he loves, which is love itself.

link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What does it have to do with then? Belief?

If you believe in Jesus, you get into heaven correct? That implies that those who believe deserve getting into heaven.

“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” Jesus

link   
I'm confused. If Jesus died for our sins then aren't we sin-free and won't go to hell?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you don't believe in Jesus... You live your life according to his teachings why?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinxy
If you don't believe in Jesus... You live your life according to his teachings why?

I think he doesn't buy the bible faery tale, but respects Jesus' teachings.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

So I should just believe anyone who comes up and says that to me? don't model my life around those two verses, I model it around Jesus' teachings of morality.

If believing in one guy overrides what I have actually done in my life then that's not something I want to believe in, because that means degrading myself and kneeling to someone who is no better than I am. If I live my life just as Jesus did morally, he is no better than me and he does not warrant the bending of my knee.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinxy

Bingo...

Yahtzee...

Bing bing bing...

Etc...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by SisyphusRide

The bible says nothing about purgatory. Where did this concept come from? Man, not 'god'.

Protestants don't believe it because because Martin Luther deleted the book of Maccabees from the Bible.

Catholics most definitely believe in it.

" It is a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead that they may be loosed from their sins" (2 Mac 12:46)

Purgatory
www.catholicapologetics.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yes, most do not see the kingdom of god unless they are born again because religion tells them we are not in heaven, and get this, they actually BELIEVE we're not in heaven.

We are in heaven now, the universe is heaven and in order to be 'born again' you must literally be born again, a.k.a. reincarnated.
edit on 15-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Since I don't believe in Jesus anymore, do you believe I deserve to go to hell? Even if I emulate what Jesus taught?

Said in sarcasm then?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

you're confused??? heck I'm confused! 3NL1GHT3N3D1 says he don't believe in Jesus anymore but he did believe in him and he lives his life by him.

weird...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only reason why a man will be condemned to Hell is if he worshipped someone along with God.

If you continue to do good things while worshipping God alone, there is only one place you will go after you finish your life here on Earth, Paradise, if God wills.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

I tend to believe Jesus existed, I just denounce the fact that believing he is god is your only ticket into heaven. I live by what he taught, not by what the bible makes him out to be.

There's a huge difference between the two.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes, most do not see the kingdom of god unless they are born again because religion tells them we are not in heaven, and get this, they actually BELIEVE we're not in heaven.

We are in heaven now, the universe is heaven and in order to be 'born again' must literally be born again and reincarnated.

Ah so we see the true purpose of the thread, you know the answer to the question.

Now it becomes clear you simply wanting to point out your own theological take on religion, not to find out answers about Christianity and its theology.

And with that I bid you good day sir.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

We are in heaven now, the universe is heaven and in order to be 'born again' must literally be born again and reincarnated.

Ah so we see the true purpose of the thread, you know the answer to the question.

Now it becomes clear you simply wanting to point out your own theological take on religion, not to find out answers about Christianity and its theology.

And with that I bid you good day sir.

I got $20 down that he comes out of the closet eventually and claims he is Jesus...

here's a tune to set the thread mood,

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

We are in heaven now, the universe is heaven and in order to be 'born again' you must literally be born again, a.k.a. reincarnated.

Exit, stage left...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So it's a bad thing to have a discussion based on different opinions? Just because I have a different opinion than you means I can't make a thread about it?

You may as well get off ATS because that's the whole purpose of it, to discuss differences in opinions.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What is purgatory? How is that any better than hell? What is experienced in purgatory?

Purgatory is a place where people who were not able to find a way, or didn't have a chance to hear God's words, go. They don't deserve Paradise and they don't deserve Hell. But if God wills He will have mercy on them and let them enter Paradise or He will give them another turn on Earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

So instead of refuting it, you post a picture and assume I'm wrong.

Good job.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He didn't say that...I think he was reading Jesus' teachings and it was just a coincidence that he was already living his life in that manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join