It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Why do you think that the devil would masquerade as an angel of light,

Now lets really think about this for a minute.

If the devil's objective is to oppose the truth, because it says he was a liar from the beginning,

A natural man that's spiritually sound can easily pick up this ruse but the problem is that people go after various lusts of the world, power or knowledge ect,

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Why would Satan have to masquerade if there's nothing to hide,

The definition of masquerade,

False outward show; façade; pretense: a hypocrite's masquerade of virtue.

Its because his throne is fake, he has to use the things of God and twist them around to appear good, so that a deceived person, mind you in same sentence will say there is no such thing as good or evil, but that's how its done.
edit on 18-8-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
O.P. Before I explain why you should go to Hell I have to talk about Heaven and Hell. You are not alone in your doubts about Jesus and Hell, I had mine too including 6 years away from any church but after years of contemplating the existence of a God I have to agree with God's logic that those who have reached the age of accountability and choose to disobey his word all have to end up in Hell. God is in Heaven and in Heaven is Love and perfection, anything less can not go there or be with him, which is also why Lucifer's jealousy got Him cast out of Heaven down to earth after He saw how God gave free will to Adam in the Garden of Eden and how much God loved Adam. At that time I believe there was not much else God loved more than the angel of light, Lucifer.

Like Lucifer, Adam and Eve also chose to disobey God by eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil (Eating the fruit did not give them some power to know good or evil, they already knew the difference. If God said don't do it then it was evil and anything else was up to them and their free will.) Tricked by Lucifer or not they chose to directly disobey a very direct command from God to not eat that fruit, they had many freedoms to do as they pleased but this was one command they could not disobey. Its kind of like don't bite the hand that feeds you. Before their fall, life in Eden was wonderful.

After the fall and getting kicked out of Eden, life became difficult for man since he thought he could be his own boss. Bad things happen outside of Eden but God gave him what he asked for. Being outside of Eden, Adam and Eve were now able to grow old, get sick and die (No more fruit of everlasting life) but worst of all being apart from God meant no Heaven when they died all because of a little tempting fruit. This separation between God and man diminished their relationship but God loved man so much like any parent does a child, He gave him a way back to Him. The way was simple in principle but not easy due to human nature.

God sent the knowledge of His ways to all men through inspiration, visions and finally in the form of His son, a man known as Jesus. Because Jesus was a man and lived as a man here with us outside of Eden he was also cursed by Adam and Eve's mistake and by default was destined to die too but because of He lived a sinless life there was no punishment waiting him in Hell. While he was tempted to sin like us He resisted and fell back on the knowledge his father passed to those before Him through the Torah and prayer. Even though He never hurt anyone He was tortured and murdered for his beliefs some of which people today also live according to.

His father God allowed Him to die as punishment for our sins, imagine that you are Jesus, God and should not ever be able to die but to save all men from eternal Hell punishment you allow yourself to be tortured and killed and on top of that your own father turns his back on you when He could take all your pain away but because the sins you have taken on from all the world make you look so horrible to Him that He can't stand it. Taking on the sins of all men requires that He was punished accordingly in Hell with such severity as to be equal to all the sins of all men ever no matter how disgusting and twisted they are. Then just to prove that He is God after 3 days in Hell His body was revived in an improved state which He will now have for all eternity.

Now back to your question, I believe according to the bible any man who has heard God's word and after contemplating it, rejects it, has rejected God and Jesus' sacrifice which if left with a unrepentant heart upon death will definitely not enter Heaven. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. For those who are too young or have never heard God's words, they will not be judged by the same standard as a Christian. If you have changed your mind about being saved and the authenticity of Jesus it is ok, He is like no other man in history and you may change your position again. Remember only Jesus has the keys to Heaven, hopefully when we knock on the door He recognizes our voice. Please don't ever stop talking to Him, sometimes things go wrong for us or we backslide so that others we might never know will benefit. He will reward you for your sacrifice because He remembers everything.

A last thought on Christianity and Jesus, don't put him on a pedestal or don't think you can be just like Him even mother Theresa was far from Him. He also had the confidence of knowing He was the son of God while we are full of doubt. The only way into Heaven is by keeping faith that Jesus paid for our sins as we struggle to be like Him.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You Support No Evidence

reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes. It's true that there has been new translations of the Bible created, but the Truth of God remains, and always will. These men, wrote the Bible through the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the Word of God. There's no debate. Non-believers can try to argue about this, but the Truth will always remain, and if you want to read the books that were omitted by the Catholic Church, it's as easy as finding the text, and reading it. The Dead Sea Scrolls; The Book Of Enoch, etc.. There is no argument. The Truth will always remain. Believers such as I can post evidence, and more evidence, but what it comes down to, is the free will that God has bestowed on us, to acknowledge the Truth, or do what so many people do, and that is to find any, and all reasons to not believe the obvious legitimacy that is of the Bible. Non-believers go out of their way to ignore the facts, cause they simply do not want to take responsibility for their actions. There is no argument. Gods' word is Truth, and the Truth is the word of God.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Words can never be truth.
Words appear in truth.
Forget the words and look at the page they are written on.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Quote: We must live our lives of discipleship surrounded by a society that worships self and pleasures. If the law of sin is like a fire, the allurements of this world are like dry wood ready for the flame.

God expects us to ask for His special assistance and protection in resisting sin and temptation.

Who ever said the path to God was easy?

www.reformedonline.com...
edit on 18-8-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

What do you think the church sits on? A false throne made by those people that believe the story they tell. They make millions of dollars a year in UNTAXED donations. They are exempt from taxes, why would they care to be exempt from taxes? Because they are greedy and they make their money off of those they deceive.

As I said before, they care nothing about you, only about themselves and the money they make off of your self-delusion.

How can I be following Satan when I know there is good and evil? I see the evil the church has done in the past and I see the evil they commit every single day. You can't see it because they have you under their spell. They indoctrinate millions every year with the story they have made, and most of these are children.

So you tell me who has been deceived, me or you? That's a rhetorical question, I already know your answer.
edit on 18-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

How can I be following Satan when I know there is good and evil?

Surely you don't think recognizing a difference makes you immune to any consequences of choices.

I posted early in this thread because you hadn't revealed your true baiting intentions yet and I responded saying "How can someone go someplace that doesn't exist?".

Now I see your thread for what it is and I think intentionally setting out to start an argument and asking a question that is insincere is, well, not good.

If I could remove myself and my first post from this thread to just disassociate myself from this hate-fest, I would, but I will have to settle with this as a disclaimer.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I applaud you for holding firm and thinking for yourself.

So what, you do not want to be blindly lead... That's good. :-)

Seek and you will find.

What you are here to do or learn is not for us to judge... We are in this together, my friend.

When I was little on to the moments I'm typing to you I have longed for a community to arise that Is remotely close to the one Jesus lived in.

No meat, no slaughter of animal or man.

A community where we can plant seeds and eat from said seeds.

Have a community where we love and nurture one another both child and senior.

A community where we live in peace and have council.

A community where we get the medical attention that's needed, free of cost.

A community that's derived from Heaven where as there is no hunger, thirst or poverty.

This world is coming and Jesus soul/ spirit will usher it in for all of mankind who has a heart for this kind of world.
edit on 18-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I wasn't baiting anyone, those who have seen my previous threads and posts know exactly where I stand on the issue. I was asking for others opinions on the title of this topic. If you consider this thread 'baiting' then you may as well call half the threads on this forum as 'baiting'.

Nothing I have said thus far has been hate-filled. Hate is an extremely strong word and I never use it. I may not like someone or something, but you will NEVER hear me use the word hate. If you're against healthy discussion over a particular topic then I'd advise you to log out of ATS.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I wouldn't call telling someone they're delusional and accusing them of having faith in something simply because they're told to healthy discussion..

Because I don't agree with your logic? the soul searching I have done has lead me to a different truth than you.. I suppose in your mind that's enough cause to fling snide remarks at someone who has shown you no disrespect.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

I concede I was being disrespectful so I apologize for that. It just felt as though I was being ganged up on at the time and I guess I went into defense mode. I'm only human and make mistakes from time to time.

Star for helping me realize my mistake.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I understand and accept your apology. Let me apologize as well, it certainly was not my intention to " gang " up on you.

I only asked many questions out of curiosity and wanting to understand why you believe as you do. I follow what you are saying at this point, I just don't agree.. To each their own.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

If I could remove myself and my first post from this thread to just disassociate myself from this hate-fest, I would, but I will have to settle with this as a disclaimer.
I was also shocked and horrified to discover the dishonesty of the OP and accordingly declined any further comments on this thread, but would like to voice my agreement with your comment. I see this as a baiting tactic and am sorry I ever wasted any energy with a reply to the OP.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I was also shocked and horrified to discover the dishonesty of the OP and accordingly declined any further comments on this thread, but would like to voice my agreement with your comment. I see this as a baiting tactic and am sorry I ever wasted any energy with a reply to the OP.

Why did you come back?

To set yourself upon a pedestal above the Op?

It was a clear question why people think the op would go to hell.

If you feel baited, that's on you to work out.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You already knew my stance on hell, I've more than on one occasion discussed it with you. Either you have a very short memory or you are just being blatantly obtuse. Give me a break, it was obvious from the OP what my opinion was, if you couldn't discern that, it's no fault of my own.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

The Bible says that "Satan can Masquerade as an Angel of Light" but Satan can not have the Spirit of The Fruit - so Satan can not be Loving, Peaceful, or Joyful according to The Bible - so it doesn't matter how he "looks", you can trust any spirit based on their Love, Peace, and Joy for you (Which is only possible through the Spirit according to the bible).

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It was a clear question why people think the op would go to hell.

If he would have stated it that way, it would have been evident his intention was Christian bating, so to suck people in, he pretended as if he was actually concerned about possibly ending up in Hell, which to me is dishonest.
edit on 18-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You already knew my stance on hell, I've more than on one occasion discussed it with you. Either you have a very short memory or you are just being blatantly obtuse. Give me a break, it was obvious from the OP what my opinion was, if you couldn't discern that, it's no fault of my own.

I'm not especially inclined towards giving anyone "breaks" on this forum, which as an internet forum is naturally a sort of rough and tumble sort of place for those with easily hurt egos.
I did notice you commenting previously about how you have come to question what you have believed in Christianity, and most people in a similar situation can not easily just cast aside in a moment what they had been so thoroughly indoctrinated in. I found it plausible that you had some lingering concerns regarding your state of uncertainty as to where it was exactly you were headed after you died. People who honestly are worried, I would be happy to discuss those things with but to me it is too sensitive of a subject with many to be treated as fodder for ruckus debate to get even with Christians or something of the kind.
edit on 18-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The title of the thread is 'Why should I go to hell?' If that's not clear enough for you then nothing will be. I even stated that I was no longer a Christian in the OP, so how exactly was I being deceitful?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I didn't cast my faith aside in a 'moment' as you so boldly assume. My transition took place over a period of many months and was filled with emptiness and loss and was not 'easy' as you seem to assume as well. Your opinion that I was unsure or nervous about the afterlife was based completely off of an assumption. Do not put blame on me for your mistake.

Do not assume what I have gone through because you know nothing about me other than what I have posted on this site. My previous posts on this site (which are easily accessible) clearly state what my stance is.

I am not trying to sound rude or start some kind of rivalry, I am just telling you how it is. I do not appreciate being labeled a baiter when that was NOT my intention.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join