It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"I'm as truthful a person as you will ever find, I never lie unless I believe it is a necessary one in order to avoid hurting someone else."

Maybe this is the problem you're having. To quote Alan Watts:
"if you REALLY believed in Christianity, you would be screaming in the streets."

I would advise you to face and contemplate the unpleasant fears like death, or inconvenient truths head on.

"I strive to emulate what Jesus was"

I find this could be a problem with a lot of Christians, not necessarily in your case. Many are simply ACTING like Jesus, not truthfully believing in, and living by the teachings. They forgive on the surface, while on the inside have not given up anger.

My point - Embrace the truth and you might connect with the same thing spiritual gurus like Jesus or Buddha found. Take those teachings like love, forgiveness, kindness, connection with "God" or the greater whole of the Universe. You could become the real deal.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

Jesus is not the bible. The bible and the gospels were put together long after Jesus died. I go by what he taught, not by what the bible says. If that were the case I'd stone women for committing adultery.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

So the bible says nothing about reincarnation but it denies it? How does that make sense?

I will only die once, you will only die once, everyone will only die once, but that has nothing to do with the next life we live. You keep ignoring that Jesus clearly stated you must be 'born again' in order to get into heaven. 'Born again' is a direct reference to reincarnation whether you refuse to see it or not.

It seems as though you're ok with taking everything else in the bible as literal except this one thing. That is the way it seems from my perspective. Where did you get the idea that 'born again' means becoming a true Christian?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

Where in any of that does it mention anything about only being born again in spirit? If you could quote a verse from the bible that actually confirms your claim then we can talk.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

You claim that I do not believe in god, that is the FURTHEST thing from the truth. Just because I don't believe in YOUR VERSION of god does NOT mean I'm an atheist. That is an ignorant thing to say and think.

It seems as though you are intolerant of others beliefs because you're ok with good people as myself going to hell. You're ok with it because 'that's just the way it works'.

Damn religion and the plague it has put on Earth.

Damn your god who denies good-hearted people as myself.

Damn your ego in thinking your way is the only way.

Damn everyone who damns me to hell for not believing one guy died on a cross in the desert 2,000 years ago.

Logic and reason are the way, not some fairytale hogwash that was invented in the minds of man in order to keep the 'lessers' obedient to an imaginary god. It's all about the money, something the church just RAKES in year after year. You may say you hate the church, but you still BELIEVE the lies they tell.
edit on 17-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus taught through the spirit of God. And the Bible Is the word of God. You pick and choose to follow only part of what Jesus taught and deny the rest.I wish you luck on your spiritual journey then sir.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The Bible does NOT make it clear in regards to reincarnation my friend otherwise MANY would not think MANY verses and words convey the idea.

You read it YOUR way and allow others the same free will.

I can site opinion after opinion that believes thr Bible indeed refers to reincarnation and to think one life could cause doom for all eternity of hell is just not what I personally see or feel and Im not alone.

Like I said in the very behinning of this thread, its all about perception.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So the bible says nothing about reincarnation but it denies it? How does that make sense?

I will only die once, you will only die once, everyone will only die once, but that has nothing to do with the next life we live. You keep ignoring that Jesus clearly stated you must be 'born again' in order to get into heaven. 'Born again' is a direct reference to reincarnation whether you refuse to see it or not.

It seems as though you're ok with taking everything else in the bible as literal except this one thing. That is the way it seems from my perspective. Where did you get the idea that 'born again' means becoming a true Christian?

From the Spirit of the Lord Himself

When it happened I knew it was a supernatural experience and I felt as though I had just been born.

Want proof? Ask God.

He has proven Himself to me MANY times which is how I KNOW the difference between truth and lies.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It's As Easy As This

It's the law of the Bible. It doesn't matter how good you morally think you are, the fact is, no one is sinless. The Bible is a proven, and accurate historical artifact, and there is evidence, if you look, proving the passages in the Bible. The Bible is truth, and if you don't believe that Jesus really walked on this Earth, you have simply just been injected with false lies, and teachings. I will give you a few links to help re-encourage you back to the Truth. Jesus did live a sinless life, did die on the cross, and was resurrected unto Heaven, to sit at the right hand of God. This is more than my belief, this is fact, which is proven by the Bible, and the Bible is proven to be true by a lot of supporting evidence. Details are too numerous to list, but i will provide two links. If you truly ever believed in the first place, I believe you will take the time to watch these videos I will add. Take care, and best of luck to you, no matter your future decisions, and beliefs, in general.

Ground Breaking Results From The True Shroud Of Turin

The Hal Lindsey Report

Archaeological Evidence Proving The Authenticacy Of The Holy Bible
edit on 17-8-2012 by TheBeatMasta because: Needed To Add To Post

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

Nope, the bible is the word of man. The numerous editings and translations and cuts prove this. Man has added and subtracted from it many times throughout history. If you truly believe it's the word of god, you are delusional and only believe it because that's what you've been told.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Its because you've been sucked into the New Age delusions and doctrines, which are exactly the same thing as believing what men in the Bible say,

It comes down to a matter of what doctrine you accept as being authority on a particular concept.

Now on to body, it says clearly that you will have a glorified spirit body not one of flesh,

Corinthians
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

edit on 17-8-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Just as you have been sucked into the old age dogma. I hold no doctrine as truth because all doctrine is made by man who cannot be trusted.

I hold to my own beliefs which I have come into myself. I didn't need someone else shoving one message down my throat like a broken record in order to come to the realization I have, something most Christians cannot say because most were indoctrinated into what they believe since being a child. I can attest to this myself, I went through it growing up.

If you prefer to be stuck in the past that is your own choice, but for me, I welcome change and embrace it. I know I will not be stuck in my way of thinking because new light is shed every single day and as I said, I embrace the changes and new understandings I will come into, something you cannot say unfortunately.

I wish you luck though because I have love for you, no matter how misguided I feel you are.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

In The Bible, Jesus said that Prophet Elijah (Who lived way back in the Old Testament Times) is now John The Baptist...

So maybe there is Reincarnation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

In The Bible, Jesus said that Prophet Elijah (Who lived way back in the Old Testament Times) is now John The Baptist...

So maybe there is Reincarnation.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

That's how you feel,

I came to know it was real because of experience, I wasn't a Christian because I decided to pick up a Bible one day an automatically had faith, it takes the effectual working of God, it says every man is given a substance of faith,

How can you say damn to anyone but yet you say that your enlightened, you've lifted yourself up due to your own haughtiness because that's what the Bible says heaping themselves up teachers you, God is the great teacher not man.

You pass judgment on something you clearly know nothing about. And it shows exactly how effective the deception is.

The deceivableness of unrighteousness in those that perish because they loved not the truth,

Amen.
edit on 17-8-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Just as with how you feel on what I believe. There are two sides to every coin, something you seem to not realize. The coin you possess has only one side, mine has many because my views are constantly changing, something the universe thrives on.

You obviously do not understand what I believe, in fact you refuse to understand it. You hold your bible up as a shield to deflect anything that goes against it because you believe it is the work of 'Satan'. You have fallen into the trap of the 'deceiver', which is the church, it doesn't matter what denomination it is. You may say you do not believe in the church, but you sure as hell do believe in everything they teach which is incredibly ironic in my opinion.

I understand fully of what you believe because I grew up with your mind set. I have come to realize that I was deceived, something most Christians/Muslims/Hindus/etc. will never be able to realize because they are so far gone now that they are unreachable.

I do not damn YOU, I damn your ways, your ego, and what you stand for. You stand for lies yet you will most likely never even realize it. Satan masquerades as an angel of light and you have fallen for their trap.

While you are stuck in the past, I will be moving forward, learning new things, and I am damn proud of myself for being that way and turning into the person I have become. No matter what you say, no matter how much you believe me to be a bad person, I know I have changed for the better, and I will keep changing and evolving, all while you're stuck in your same old ways and beliefs until the end of your days.

Good luck to you friend.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'll keep holding on to my sword and shield,

You know nothing about Satan, although you revel in the fruits.

Ezekiel 28:16
Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
edit on 18-8-2012 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Good for you.

You are the one reveling in the fruits yet refuse to taste its bitterness. Your belief system has made billions throughout time become complacent with the hope that your savior will one day come to fix everything for them. They have all lived and died waiting, waiting, waiting; hoping, hoping, hoping, only to be disappointed time and time again.

It's time for the world to wake up and realize that it is our responsibility, not some guys who died 2,000 years ago.

Your sword and shield will not help you when you come to realize the truth because truth cannot be fought, it will stand til the end of time. Your religion will come and go as every religion has before it. Yours is just one of the newer versions of the lie, the most popular of our time, but it will be found to be false in time. All religion fades with time, so why would it be any different with yours? Once yours dies away, they will devise another one, then another and another, all to keep control and keep the masses complacent and fearful and manipulative.

You are only one of billions that have been deceived and I hope one day you realize that as I have. I don't need a book to speak for me, I can speak for myself.

edit on 18-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That's what happens if you don't have real faith, interesting. All it takes is a mustard seed.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked

Whether or not you believe the day is coming, the Son of Man will return, I didn't believe but God always has something better for you, like it also says he is the Author and Finisher of our salvation.

Just as it says the sun rises on the just and the unjust,

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I have faith in logic and reason. Yes, the same faith that you hold the word of man in.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join