It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I don't believe in Satan and deny him if he does exist.

This is what I was referring to in my second post in this thread. You deny anything that goes against what the church has taught because you automatically associate it with Satan. That fact alone shows the fear you have of hell, which is why you are afraid to think any differently.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the reason why Christ came in the first place was because humans could not keep the Law. if humans would have been able to follow the law we would have been able to meet with God...but we couldn't... The whole point of Jesus coming was because we could not do it on our own. If we could Jesus would have not have had to come to earth....

You want to go back to the old testament??

edit on 17-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

If Jesus took all of our sins away at that moment, then how are we sinners the moment we're born? He didn't take away the sins of only those who believe, but EVERYONES sins, including those that do not believe.

Are you saying what Jesus did was for nothing? The sacrifice he made meant nothing?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because in order to receive the forgiveness of sins you need to accept Christ.......You are born of a sinful nature. Your parents cannot make that decision for you, you have to make it for yourself.

if you really want to know all this find a lutheran church and find a confirmation class. All these questions you have will be answered and you will have a more knowledgable person who could shoot off exactly where in the Bible how it works.

edit on 17-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Why Lutheran? Why not Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic, or any of the other hundreds of denominations?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

When we choose to reconcile with God, then we have accepted the "gift" of salvation, and received the covering that the sacrifice provided.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by votan

Why Lutheran? Why not Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic, or any of the other hundreds of denominations?

I'd also like to know why? ... I personally am non-denom. God desires unity not separation.. Denomination is just that in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

Yet Jesus said he was here to divide households, not to unify everyone and have peace.

Not a jab at you personally, just what you said goes against what Jesus apparently came here for, to start wars, according to scripture.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I don't believe in Satan and deny him if he does exist.

You aren't SUPPOSED to believe in him.... YET, but you WILL...

In order for Satan to deceive the masses, he must convince them he doesn't exist.

Religion can be the greatest enemy of God, because it is Satan's greatest deception.

This is why Satan is said to be "the great Deceiver"

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

And the church has deceived you into believing its lies.

Who has more followers? Religion or atheism? Hmmmm.....

ETA: I'm not atheist, I'm just comparing the two extremes.
edit on 17-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I don't believe Jesus meant that he was sent purposefully to divide and cause hostility but that it would be a natural result of his teachings. I'm referring to unity under the Gospel.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
if you really want to know all this find a lutheran church and find a confirmation class.

Most denominations have been infiltrated which is why they bare no resemblance at all to the early Church.

"90% of the Southern Baptist hierarchy are Freemasons. There is also a high percentage of Christian leadership from the Lutheran and United Methodist churches are Masons. This would explain why Ecumenism has spread so easily. ...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Infiltration of Freemasonry

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxy

I believe the same thing. At least we're on the same page there.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Most denominations except for yours right?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Who has more followers? Religion or atheism? Hmmmm.....

The answer to that is completely meaningless since they are BOTH Illuminati creations.

Since you don't even believe in the Bible, Jesus, or satan, I would be very surprised if you even suspected that the Illuminati were behind the deceptions that you have fallen for.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Most denominations except for yours right?

Sadly the little laughing smileys are only making you look even MORE foolish.

I'm not interested in your age but you are ACTING like a young child...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So what makes you think what you follow wasn't made by the Illuminati?

The bible says that Satan masquerades as an angel of light, so how are you so sure the bible and the popular interpretation of it aren't a work of Satan? How are you so sure that you aren't the one who has been deceived?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oops, double post.
edit on 17-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

They say children are the most innocent, so I'll take that as a compliment.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'll throw in my perspective. Not everyone's going to agree with me; that's fine. Just my .02 cents.

God is a holy, sinless, righteous being. A sinful human cannot exist in the presence of God (for instance, the Jewish priests who could die while in the Holy of Holies if they performed the ritual incorrectly, or did something unclean, or something similar.) So it is impossible to coexist with God if you have done anything wrong (and this would include wrongful thoughts.) This is why is it necessary to have an atonement for sin before being able to "go to heaven."

It seems to me that the Bible states that there will be varying degrees of punishment in hell (the punishment will match the crime) but I think that being completely cut off from the presence of God would be a punishment enough in and of itself. I think that most humans are pretty scummy people and deserve hell anyway, but I don't know you and can't judge you. I do know you're not perfect--and to be in the presence of God requires perfection. I am glad that you strive you life your life in accordance' with Jesus' principles, but no one is perfect--we're all human--and we're all in need of a Savior.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join