It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: UK issues 'threat' to arrest Wikileaks founder

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by NeoVain

So what kind of punishment is he looking at, what do you get sentence wise for lying about wearing a jimmy hat in Sweden?

Up to one year in prison. No, it's not a joke.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by gekko

The truth of what Assange did or didnt do is likely somewhere in the middle

What on earth makes you think so? The man is surely either innocent or guilty

Guilty of leaking confidential documents, but innocent of raping someone.... (somewhere in the middle)

He, as an Australian citizen, can't possibly be guilty of leaking American confidential documents as he most likely haven't sign a secrecy agreement promising not to do so. The people who have signed such an agreement and nonetheless decided to leak said documents to him are probably guilty, but JA isn't.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Guilty of leaking confidential documents, but he likely didnt rape anyone.... (somewhere in the middle)

Blimey, if I ever go to court I hope you are in the jury! You are basing that assumption on the fact you think it is too convenient a charge to be raised at this time? He strikes me as a very ego ridden person and I wouldn't assume innocence so quickly - point is though, neither you, I or anyone else on ATS (to the best of my knowledge) was there at the time.

You say "guilty until proven otherwise", eh?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

"Up to one year in prison. No, it's not a joke."

So 6 months in a Swedish nick, my Granny could do that bird standing on her head! Play Station , Sky TV and your own ensuite. I want to go!

I wonder what you get for doing it bare back? A hat and a balloon by any chance! LoL
edit on 16-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ecuador has granted asylum to Wikileaks founder Julian Assange two months after he took refuge in its London embassy while fighting extradition from the UK

www.bbc.co.uk...

Didn't see that coming. This should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wonder what our Gov will do now? I really hope Equador dont back down. UK seems more like a school yard bully every day!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Guilty of leaking confidential documents, but he likely didnt rape anyone.... (somewhere in the middle)

Blimey, if I ever go to court I hope you are in the jury! You are basing that assumption on the fact you think it is too convenient a charge to be raised at this time? He strikes me as a very ego ridden person and I wouldn't assume innocence so quickly - point is though, neither you, I or anyone else on ATS (to the best of my knowledge) was there at the time.

Why would I? The phrase is innocent until proven otherwise like anyone else - but Assange doesn't want to prove his innocence does he?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Why would I? The phrase is innocent until proven otherwise like anyone else - but Assange doesn't want to prove his innocence does he?

He just doesnt want to end up in GITMO. Do you honestly think this is about not wearing a condom in Sweden? He would end up in US hands within a month of extradition.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Common misconception. Swedish auhtorities are ignoring the letter of the law. They are the ones who created this situation. This whole deal could've been done in a week. JA has continously offered to be interviewed as asked by the swedish authorities but they refuse untill they get him detained in sweden.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

He's got nothing to prove as nobody has actually accused him of anything. And he has indeed on numerous occasions invited Swedish authorities to meet with him for the friendly "chat" they have indicated they'd like to have, on neutral ground, such as in the UK and at the Ecuadorian embassy in London. Sweden has however told him that they desperately need to have said "chat" with him on Swedish soil, which in this particular case is not neutral ground.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join