It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: UK issues 'threat' to arrest Wikileaks founder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's just America's cohorts, the UK, holding up their end of the bargain regards Assange's planned extradition to the US. They cannot be seen to be in blatant cahoots with the US; but they are required to facilitate getting Assange to a place that the US cares little about being labelled sugar daddies of (Sweden).

I wonder if the Chinese stormed the US embassy to retrieve Chen Guangcheng, whether it would have elicited a similar 'meh' reaction from the US...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Simple solution, turn up and surround the Police scum, if there are enougth of us then they wont be able to do anything. Offer Mr Assange passage to where ever he wants to go and if the NWO Totalitarian Police and Goverment scum try anything we rip there throats out, secure Mr Assange, do a about turn and then head for Number 10, some piano wire and a long drop will sort David Cameron right out!

We cant let them extrodite this innocent man, plus we might get our country back!

edit on 16-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Originally posted by McGinty
Could they air lift him from the roof?

edit on 16-8-2012 by McGinty because: typos

The London Ecuadorian embassy is a first floor flat in a block. It doesn't have a roof apart from the communal roof to the block which is obviously not diplomatic territory.

I guess that knocks that one on the head then

Apolagies for not having done the simple googling to find that out - should've done - so thanks Alfie1

Nothing's impossible and i'm sure that short of dissembling Assange and re-assembling him in Ecuador, there must be a way of getting him out. I love a good puzzle!

BTW Thanks for your replies Flavian & Andy06shake. Would've made for interesting telly at any rate!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Cameron is not there, he's on Holiday????. William Haigue is in command. He's old school tory.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

He will do to begin with! Hang that Tory boy, he might just like it!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Simple solution, turn up and surround the Police scum, if there are enougth of us then they wont be able to do anything. Offer Mr Assange passage to where ever he wants to go and if the NWO Totalitarian Police and Goverment scum try anything we rip there throats out, secure Mr Assange, do a about turn and then head for Number 10, some piano wire and a long drop will sort David Cameron right out!

We cant let them extrodite this innocent man, plus we might get our country back!

The only problem with violent revolution is that it often leaves violent revolutionaries in control and Jo public are no better off, maybe worse.

Chuck out the corporate cronies, sure, but must we lower ourselves their ruthless depths?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

This also is true, but it might just be time for a bit of anarchy here in the UK, what do you expect when there trying to pull this type of crap off!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
At the very least we should all start flinging used Jonnys at the cops, i herd they like the taste of spunk in the morning! Sets them up for the day, kind of like Alpine only Police flavoured!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I was thinking of a "where's Julian" website or thread even, people could post where they saw him. A friend of a friend said he left Ireland by Boat from the town of "Dingle" last weekend. the boat was flying a French flag, though it might have been a Dutch flag sideways. Honest.......... you heard it here first.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

What you mean like kind of disinformation? Or to track the dude?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Exactly....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Whats with the poster pic? Please tell me you dont expect the British public to allow our Nazi gov to extradite this man to Sweden, the FBI, CIA, OSS and other alphabet agencys will be there waiting for him with a polonium sandwich!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is terrifying man...

If the UK do this, make the embassy no longer an embassy and storm it and arrest him, then what will that mean?
It's not only a slippery slope, it's dangerous.
edit on 16/8/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't disagree. The problem is that under international law they would be well within their rights. However, the diplomatic implications may far outweigh any perceived gains. I really hope they have thought this through properly......

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

So what in the law applies to Assange?

I'm pretty sure the UK would be in a lot of **** if we did this.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by miniatus

The link to that particular "act" is in my first post, such an act shouldn't exist in the first place.

It is all just a big act really.

Here is the link again:

Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987.
edit on 15/8/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

A bigger point should be made, Assange (charged with a sexual offence in a country it is alleged to have happened in - their laws, not the UKs) has applied for political asylum. Unfortunately for him, political asylum is not a get out of jail free card for non political offences - that is a fact and it would apply to you, me and in fact as far as I am aware any country that recognises asylum.

If you agree or disagree with the charge then that's really up to you (by which I mean anyone who reads this), but it doesn't change the facts. Read the analysis section in the link below...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Wrong on several counts.

It isn't an international law, merely "convention". For reference, it is the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.

The Embassy remains the property of the host nation, according to the Convention it doesn't belong in any way to the nation occupying it.

The Embassy is obliged to follow local laws, even if the Diplomats themselves are immune from prosecution, but they could find themselves all declared PNG and removed themselves..

Assange is fleeing bail and has broken his bail conditions, ergo he is breaking local law and the Embassy is assisting him in doing so. On that note, we have a "local law" which allows us to revoke the privileged status of an Embassy in such situations.

You are literally correct. However, this is one hell of a diplomatic situation for what is comparatively a trivial incident. It is not trivial to the victims of crime but it is a trivial incidentwhen compared to the consequences. There is a bigger story unfolding here and I strongly suspect Assange was correct : the crime is a stitch up and the US wants him for a show trial.

So tell me this : If a person knows they are being setup for a fabricated crime and knows a foreign power wants to put them in a show trial with the possibility of a death sentence, what should they do? Surely said person would run to the nearest embassy and shout "asylum" wouldn't they?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They'd to grant him asylum, if they didn't, they'd look weak.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join