It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: UK issues 'threat' to arrest Wikileaks founder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If he did have ufo stuff or spy stuff, no one would believe him.
The media wouldn't print it. You'd have to go look in volumes of other files probably to find it, then they would say, well you don't know, he could just make that up.
Same stuff the wikileaks files have had here in the US with the press.

There are still people saying 'when is he going to release something of value'.
Totally ignoring all the stuff he has released and all heckfire that has followed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I didn't read through all the posts to see if this was posted but it bears reading:

The UK government has set up a barricade around the Ecuadorian embassy
and won't let food shipments through.

How screwed up is that?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

reminds me of noriega at the vatican embassy
perhaps they'll bombard them with some
seriously obnoxious gangsta rap

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
just pointing out the timing of this.

interesting isn't it.

nothing happens while the Olympics are on (as the eyes of the world are on the UK) then just after the games have ended then this is about to erupt.

Nicely timed to happen in between the Olympics and the paralympics starting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by hadriana

I didn't read through all the posts to see if this was posted but it bears reading:

The UK government has set up a barricade around the Ecuadorian embassy
and won't let food shipments through.

How screwed up is that?
Is this being reported in the mainstream media?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Hi Woogle,

A month or so ago, i would have been surprised by this. Then i heard an interview on the Today programme with the UK's leading diplomatic and extradition lawyer, who basically pointed out that general perceptions regarding diplomatic immunity, etc, are actually largely false. For example, an embassy isn't legally (internationally) a nations land on your shores. As such, under international law, any related assumptions are invalid. Nations have a loose agreement that criminals will be handed over in order to reduce any potential diplomatic spats as a result. By this i mean that nations agree to a level of respect regarding embassies - any "criminals" (innocent until proven guilty!) should be handed over unless there are serious concerns.

Basically, this QC went on for 1/2 an hour and basically overturned pretty much everything i believed to be true about extradition law, asylum, etc. He was a guest specifically because of the Assange case following his flight to the Ecuadorian embassy. He was also saying that even if they didn't go as far as sending the Police in to arrest him (which Ecuador couldn't prevent) they could simply nab him as soon as he foot outside the embassy (thereby avoiding any potential diplomatic rumpus). Apparently, this happens quite often in such cases (globally) - the sheltering embassy puts the person in a car to go an airport which is then pulled over by the Police and the person nabbed.

All in all, claiming asylum in an embassy isn't what you think it is........

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Could they air lift him from the roof?

Would the UK go as far as shooting the helicopter down?
(the UK would get to test out the ground to air missiles they positioned atop a residential building for the Olympics)

In reality is it possible to 'force down' a chopper without firing upon it?

Could a chopper make it to international waters where it lands on an Ecuadorian boat?

If so, would the UK/US sink/board the boat and take him?

Could he be transferred to a sub - does anyone have one handy?
I hear the Russians have subs that are good at getting around unnoticed...

edit on 16-8-2012 by McGinty because: typos

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
They were talking about a case in the past where I think they once got someone out of the Nigerian Embassy in a wooden crate on the back of a lorry. I bet it could be done if you had a really good plan. It's just whether people would want to be accomplice to a crime.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

And that is the nub of it, from what that QC was saying. He was basically saying that no matter what the case, ambassadors hate to be put in this type of situation because technically they become an aid to someone accused of a crime in their host country. Which tends to put a crimp on their diplomatic abilities......

It was quite a shocking interview though as it basically overturned much of what i previously believed to be true.

To the other poster above (McGinty), forcing a helicopter to land requires a plane to fly right overhead the helicopter, gradually moving down towards the ground. Eventually, the helicopter is forced to land.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

"they're is spelt as such. Not there.

Just sayin' "

Thank you for pointing that out, i may add that you should have a full stop at the end of a sentence not a comma. And saying has a "g" on the end. Also just noticed you are missing a capital "T" from the word "they're". Just saying!

No lets move on, eh?

"As for this drama. It's insane. I cannot believe they are going to these lengths to get him and it is yet more evidence that he has something on them. Or he has something that the people pulling the strings behind most governments don't want him to release."

I completely agree! Its the TPTP/NWO pulling the strings, so simple to see IMHO!

edit on 16-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

So what kind of punishment is he looking at, what do you get sentence wise for lying about wearing a jimmy hat in Sweden?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Live feed for outside of the embassy bambuser.com... things seem really tense. enjoy

pre-record sorry
edit on 16-8-2012 by Bigbrothersnightmare because: been awake all night

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigbrothersnightmare

Its not live mate, its dark! Its 11:00am here in the UK, the feed you have posted if from early hours of this morning.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

i think i found the correct live stream www.livestream.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

"To the other poster above (McGinty), forcing a helicopter to land requires a plane to fly right overhead the helicopter, gradually moving down towards the ground. Eventually, the helicopter is forced to land."

How does that work, a helicopter goes about 150-200 Mph, a plane(Fighter Jet) would be at stall speed or fast approaching said speed would it not? Also any helicopter has far superior maneuverability than a fighter, could it not just bank left or right, maybe even hover to get away? Then its a Sidewinder up the helicopters tail pipe for bamming up the plane me thinks, eh? LoL

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Depends on the plane used - you wouldn't send a super sonic fighter to intercept a helicopter. Of course, you could also use a larger helicopter....... Appears to be standard practice globally though for this type of situation (trying to force a helicopter down).

Bit unsure of the Assange thing to be honest. Don't like the actions of the government but then he is accused of rape in Sweden and i can't claim to be a fan of rapists! Using medieval methodology, he looks like he could be rapist so maybe he is!
I bet if we measured his head.............

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
bearing in mind there is a NOTAM* issued for all private flights over the south of the UK (including London) due to the Olympics, this is a non event.
Pilot have to file a flight plan prior to flying a route in the south of England at the moment.
Not sure when this NOTAM* ends though.

Flying him out would NOT work.

If Assange were to be granted Diplomatic asylum then the only other way to secretly get him out of the UK would be to smuggle him out in a box / container labelled 'Diplomatic baggage'

These are not searched at all and has been done at least once in another embassy case here in the UK

* = NOTAM - notice to all airmen
edit on 16/8/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/8/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately some women in Sweden cry rape for the darnest things. Of course many people may want him out of the way, but to go to these lengths in the UK beggars belief. Poor bugger will end up castrated by being hung upside down from the gonads, or at least that's what the feminazi of Sweden probably fantasise doing every night. The geezer just wants to go to Ecuador to save his nuts from angry Valkyrie.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Could they air lift him from the roof?

edit on 16-8-2012 by McGinty because: typos

The London Ecuadorian embassy is a first floor flat in a block. It doesn't have a roof apart from the communal roof to the block which is obviously not diplomatic territory.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think another chopper would be there best bet of forcing them down.

He is accused of not wearing a Jonny-bag, if thats rape then im a repeat offender and so are many, many other dudes out there! Extradition for no condom, no way. Extradition for telling the truth well that seems plausible these days! LoL

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join