It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria air raid kills 30 - Lebanon kidnap worries region

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse
reply to post by hp1229

I think you're right about the ongoing Shia vs Sunni dynamic. The battle lines are just becoming more defined in preparation for a full on Sunni-Shia War. The west apparently backs Saudi Arabia and the Sunnis(which explains our willingness to support Sunni extremists when it suits our perceived interests) and Russia and China support Iran and the Shia. I believe the 3rd World War will be an Islamic one, with the conventional super powers playing a supporting role. Maybe, maybe not
You got it. Everyone else outside the region are basically playing the supporting roles including the West and the East.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

With all due respect,i never suggested what you posted was complicated
i do agree with your basic assesment
but i completely disagree NATO is there merely as support....

www.godlikeproductions.com...
pakconnects.blogspot.com.au...://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2983905.stm
nsnbc.wordpress.com...
i could go on..

edit on 16-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by hp1229

but i completely disagree NATO is there merely as support....

www.godlikeproductions.com...
pakconnects.blogspot.com.au...://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/2983905.stm
nsnbc.wordpress.com...
i could go on..

edit on 16-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

I never claimed that my post was complicated. Yes it is a basic assessment as I do not wish to redigress the complicated assessment that has been repeated over and over on ATS
It is easy and simple infact to understand that ofcourse even though the west is there to support, nobody is going to do it for free. It costs money even to support. But general perception and mentality for any nation involved in a supporting role would expect some sort of compensation or economic benefits inline with their national interest. This is a standard practice for any country. So Yes, if it involves NATOs presence not just for support but for other activities then think about the 'other' activities as part of the support. FYI..GLP is not a credible source
even though I agree that NATO is not there merely as support.
edit on 17-8-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My friend, there is no 'good guys' in this proxy war. Just a lesser evil.

Iran and Russia are at fault for supporting Assad's power grip on Syria but they are also doing what they need feel they need to in order to protect themselves. By keeping Syria under 'Eastern' (as opposed to Western) influence they keep Israel and the US on the back foot.

NATO and the UN are at fault for backing some terrorist organization and giving them weapons and warriors (from Libya) to topple Assad and bring it under Western influence so that Israel and the US can destroy Iran with little worry about being counter attacked.

It's a disgrace that the world has come to this (choosing the lesser of two evils) but the military-industrial complex needs wars to keep raking in those triple digit profits. But that's how it is and I would much rather the Devil you know than the devil you don't.

Look at Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood. They have taken power and are already making threatening moves towards Israel (militarizing the Sinai), now what do you think would happen if they seized power in Syria, and if it spreads to Lebannon, as well? It makes for unknown waters and some very sensitive tensions.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Well i won't be massaged into accepting it!,it's against international law and the UN is supporting this,they are war-criminals!
NATO damned well SHOULD NOT be there,this ' war' in Syria is there's and there's alone..everybody else should just F### ##fF!!
a part of me hopes China and Russia get involved...The whole thing just stinks!!

edit on 19-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join