It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria air raid kills 30 - Lebanon kidnap worries region

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by sonnny1

I love the way you 'play' devils advocate but really you support this Al-qaeda and western backed coup on the whole of the middle east.

For someone so intelligent, and with such an eye for detail when it comes to archaeology, I'm shocked to see you still holding these opinions despite the mountains of evidence showing what is clearly NOT people trying to liberate themselves.

Here is the deal with propaganda:

The truth:

For a decade Al queda sided with the taliban and Saddam and every 2 bit dictator in the middle east now all of the sudden Libya and Syria a myth is being perpetuated that all of the sudden al queda is suddenly fighting those 2 bit dictators.

Al quedas credo was to fight the west it does not make any sense whatsoever they are fighting Assad.
edit on 16-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by sonnny1

I love the way you 'play' devils advocate but really you support this Al-qaeda and western backed coup on the whole of the middle east.

For someone so intelligent, and with such an eye for detail when it comes to archaeology, I'm shocked to see you still holding these opinions despite the mountains of evidence showing what is clearly NOT people trying to liberate themselves.

Again, I see it for what it is. People being killed. There is only ONE leadership, and thats the Ba'ath Party, in control of Syria. If the people want freedom, do you think the Ba'ath Party are going to give its people freedom,after 50 years of CONTROL?

You tell me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

touche
tribune.com.pk...
www.occuworld.org...
edit on 16-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

LightAssassin, all2human... it's sad and lonely compared to such massive posters, right?...

starred all your posts for a fairer balance...

edit on 16-8-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I will agree with you, of coarse hostilities would diminish if Assad stepped down
no brainer..but his country is under attack,do you suggest he leave his people that voted and elected him overwhelmingly in their time of need?
Hey,im not saying the guy is an angel and besides fueling up my vehicle what happens in this region probably wont affect me,but what is occuring within Syria is plain illigal and quite simply a warcrime..
I see through the bs

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Would you step down if you knew the rebellion isn't being led by the people but by Al-Qaida and the West?

It's exactly why Qaddaffi wouldn't step down.

It is not in the countries best interests to have an extremist muslim element overthrowing the country. Worst still is the US is supplying Al-Qaeda. This may also imply then that an extremist muslim government may still have ties with the US, given they aren't partial to aid from their 'enemies from the west'.
edit on 16-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Ya the Al-qaida connection is a jaw-dropper

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Winston Churchill

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Watch EU politics while Libya was ongoing?

Remember massive immigration via Malta and Italy's Lampedusa?

After that Berlusconi got pissed, Sarkozy threatened Schengen travel to/from many EU states...

Just one of ramifications that were/are overlooked.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Not really justified, they are just following the example that the highest moral authority on civilian killing's role model.

Like everybody else, Syria is responsible for their own actions. I noticed how you haven't said one thing about the killings.

Lack of empathy or simply don't care?

edit on 15-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Just add a hint of a “Zionist” involvement to the casserole, and he will be all over this thread.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

There aren't any.

And... what the UN thinks, plus a buck eighty, will get you a cup of coffee. This is one of the biggest fluster clucks I've ever seen.

What gets me, is when people accept "UN voted Assad committed crimes against humanity".

What?! This guy did that all by himself, geesh ... the obvious thing is, that "the people of syria are committing crimes against humanity". But the UN is offering a solution for the Syrian people ... "Hang Assad, and we'll forgive you murdering women and children".

Now, that is a fluster cluck if I ever heard of one.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't trust anything I hear with this war or the Libya war.Both sides are being blamed back and fourth.
Al-qeada was invovled in Libya and are in Syria as well.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
1. The HumanSlayer Assad had not, and will not STOP slaughtering his own citizens.

For the past year, the FSA were but a light provincial force, with NO support from anyone, saved a few hunting rifles and AK 47s, YET the beast Assad had sought to use HEAVY ARTILLERY upon not just a few armed citizens whom were only fighting back to seek for justice for their loved slained by him, he had use it upon INNOCENT CIVILIANS as well, leveling entire towns in the whole of Syria.

Is this how 'terrorism' is fought? If so, then USA can start levelling every state, for who knows, there may be one John Holmes in every one of them.

2. To the butcher Assad, EVERY citizen is a suspect and deserves death.

He had not stop in the past, and he will not stop even if the FSA lay down weapons. The FSA tried, when the dumbass kofi annan called for a truce, but only a truce that FSA respected. Houle Massacre happened as a result.

Now, there is no turning back, for the Free Syrian People knows what is in store for them if they ever stop - shias, sunnis, christians and others. Assad had gone mad.

3. Worse, he still gets support from Iran, China CCP govt and Putin, whom let him continue his madness unabetted for 17 months, why mealy mouthly called for 'political solution', where there is none but only a time delay tactic while TENS OF THOUSANDS free syrian people died.

If the Free world had not supplied help to the rebellion, in the face of RUSSIAN supplied war machines, IRANIAN militias known as 'shia pilgrims' and China CCP continued blaming of everyone except their own care less attitude, TENS OF THOUSANDS more free syriran people would have died, because if none stops those tanks and soldiers, syrians would be meat carpet for the butcher to stand on soon.

4. Today, UN had acknowledged it had failed the Free Syrian People. They had asked for help, did as UN requested such as truce, but the animal Assad did not stop, and now the world had abandoned syrians.

Only the free world had continued in its support, of taking care of the refugees and supplies. Yet the Free world had been labelling as continuing the war by humanslayers. It's ok. It's just that the free world has a conscience still. Only beasts dont.

5.. Putin still wants a small UN force to monitor events in Syria now. BUT can he guarantee the safety of this small force in a war zone, when he cannot even guarantee a fly's safety there, and had not even care about humans for months there?

Just tell Putin and the CCP govt to cut the BS and hypocrisy. They had failed the free syrian people and had abandoned their social responsibilities to a shared human world by hindering help when begged by the syrians. This will not be forgotten, and a price will be paid one day for this abandonment and hypocrisy to humankind.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by SLAYER69

The point being made is if Assad is to be removed from power it should come from the will of his own people,not by a bunch of foreign funded mercenaries,locally bought militias,or soldiers faced with defection or death that have with all probablility caused and escalated this conflict,with increased intensity,no doubt adding to the deaths among civilians in short if NATO didn't get involved this bombing would not have occurred..unless Syria was selling heavy weapons at the corner store..

edit on 15-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

True only if the people have the power to remove Assad. This has everything to do with the age old Shia vs Sunni power struggle in the region. Tehran and Damascus are known to instill Shia rebels in other regions. Its once again a local power struggle (obviously and indirectly intended to control the resources in the region) designed by the Shias to expand their power base in the Sunni regions. So do not focus on or blame the West. Focus within the ME countries and you will find many answers.
edit on 16-8-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I think you're right about the ongoing Shia vs Sunni dynamic. The battle lines are just becoming more defined in preparation for a full on Sunni-Shia War. The west apparently backs Saudi Arabia and the Sunnis(which explains our willingness to support Sunni extremists when it suits our perceived interests) and Russia and China support Iran and the Shia. I believe the 3rd World War will be an Islamic one, with the conventional super powers playing a supporting role.
Maybe, maybe not

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I didnt want to complicate my point,and i agree with yours,definately a factor

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Al-Qaeda, as of late, has been fighting to weaken Iran's power in the region.
Al-Qaeda's goal is not exclusive to destroying the West.
They fight for GLOBAL jihad and Global implementation of Sharia law.
After all the infidels are converted to Islam, by the word or the sword, they'll duke it out with the Shia to decide who's form of Islam is the "right" one.
edit on 16-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Seeing as i'm inept at pasting photos,i would like to direct your attention to the bottom of the page of the link provided,date:3/27,2012.
16 days after the Homs massacre Assad visits said town,with what looks like clear support(not anger)if not jubilation from his countrymen...
sana.sy...
Now you tell me if your up is down

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Obviously, I don't know the facts any more than you do but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that a dictator would orchestrate PR footage using his supporters. It's possible the STATE footage wasn't even filmed in Homs. It's also not too far fetched to believe that, after witnessing what lengths the regime is willing to go to to maintain its power, the people were terrified to show anything less than overwhelming adoration.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened
Christopher Hitchens narrates a short clip from the finalization of Iraq's 1979 coup:
youtu.be...

North Koreans "mourning" the death of Kim Jong Il:
youtu.be...

and the footage of Assad in Homs:
youtu.be...

Again, I'm just making the case that other logical possibilities exist.
Fact is neither one of us knows the absolute truth.
Propaganda is being spread by both sides.
edit on 16-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

I do agree,however we in the West are getting a one sided view
if we are going to make any unbiased attempt at the truth,media from this state and region should be considered

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by hp1229

I didnt want to complicate my point,and i agree with yours,definately a factor
There is nothing complicated about it. Its basically a major hole and gaps in general with respect to the regional politics in that region that the freakin MSM edits/controls for the vote bank politics that average citizens are under wrong impression. Ofcourse the West will benefit from the conflict(s) in the region but in reality, the root of it stems from the religious divide in the region. Certainly the west is not to be blamed for this. If your house is in order, the outsiders will not be able to take advantage. But then again, power based regions/countries are always prone to break up or fall apart from within led by the opposition parties from within the regions (which ofcourse is the weak link that the outsiders will seek). Nothing new..it has been done over and over again throughout history in many civilizations. We're just living it and talking about it unlike the ones in the past where there was no ATS or Internet

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join