It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria air raid kills 30 - Lebanon kidnap worries region

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Syrian Airstrike Kills 30 Civilians/Rebels

ca.news.yahoo.com

AZAZ, Syria (Reuters) - A Syrian air strike killed 30 people in a rebel-held town on Wednesday, a local doctor said, and a mass kidnapping linked to Syria in neighboring Lebanon raised the prospect of sectarian violence spreading.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Maxmars because: Please use the exact headline of your Source

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Seems like air-strikes are not just a US game.

How is this all going to end? If the fighting from Rebels stop, surely Assad will have their own sort of Spy Network finding all affiliates and imprisoning them forever, so their is no benefit to stop fighting but it appears there is no benefit to fight either.

Syrian citizens are getting very furious with both the Rebels and the Syrian Forces causing havoc in their country. I've been told these people were oppressed before this all happened, but I heard the same about Libya until I found out it wasn't all that bad with the free housing and eduction and electricity.

Who knows what the truth is, but somethings got to give.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I've been told these people were oppressed before this all happened, but I heard the same about Libya until I found out it wasn't all that bad with the free housing and eduction and electricity.

Free housing, education and electricty?
We have the same setup in FREE countries...It's called prison.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well your not going to get it,unless you dig,the Fsa/rebels and their supporters control the flow of information that we recieve,
edit on 15-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Who knows what the truth is....

Have you read your own thread title?

"Syrian Airstrike Kills 30 Civilians"

I'm sure some will be along shortly to justify the killings.

edit on 15-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The longer this goes on, the more disillusioned I get over the whole process.

All I hear is;
rebels killing. . . .
Assad killing. . . . . .

The US picked a side, so anyone who picks the other side is stupid or evil.

But Iran picked a side.

Russia picked a side.

This isn't the ####ing Superbowl.

People are dying.

And eventually some group or Assad is going to be the victor.

And who says that it'll be better then?

*beezzer hops off to eat some folliage*

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yeah and some people were making some "noise" about throwing Syrian civilians off rooftops take a guess at which thread will get more traffic.

Everyone loves Assad Syrian rebels just evil!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Rebel fighters, fly planes now..............?

Perspective folks.............

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Iran is doing a bit more than picking a side...along side Assad's Russian Migs attacking apartment buildings in heavily-populated civilian areas, they are now officially getting in on the killings by trainning government-supporting militias:

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Oh, BTW, the U.N. just voted that Assad is officially guilty of crimes against humanity.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Are you Syrian? If not, then just what is your stake in their silly-assed internal politics? Let the Syrians handle it... and if it moves into Lebanon, let the Lebanese handle that. They've got Hezbollah which has the backing of Iran, so let the locals duke it out.

They have a stake there, I don't, and you I don't know about.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by beezzer

Iran is doing a bit more than picking a side...along side Assad's Russian Migs attacking apartment buildings in heavily-populated civilian areas, they are now officially getting in on the killings by trainning government-supporting militias:

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Oh, BTW, the U.N. just voted that Assad is officially guilty of crimes against humanity.

oh my gawd! Did Assad cry or just give up?

And I'll grant you that Iran and Russia are doing more than just cheering.

I just can't seem to find a good guy in all of this.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You're right...no 'good' guys in sight. So maybe the 'sides' need to be redefined; those being slaughtered by Migs and tanks...and those doing the slaughtering.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ooops. double post. Sorry.

edit on 15-8-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I just can't seem to find a good guy in all of this.

There aren't any.

And... what the UN thinks, plus a buck eighty, will get you a cup of coffee. This is one of the biggest fluster clucks I've ever seen.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I believe air-strikes are either a sign of desperation or a means to an end (with decent intel) the fact they are doing this though means they have reached the tipping point and it's getting bad out there.

I honestly don't know where this all ends but one thing is sure, the cards are played and now their is no backing out. surrender or capture for either side will most likely spell the end in bad ways.Just like Libya we as in the west are being fed crap about what's happening on the ground.

One thing is sure though and that is what you said.... something's gotta give

Also if what a above poster has said about Assad is officially wanted for crimes against humanity things may change quick, that gives the UN the green card but then again Sarajevo repeat could be on the cards with empty promises
edit on 15-8-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I miss the good old days when the Soviet Union was our enemy. Lines were drawn. You knew where you stood.

*sigh*

Who'd ever think I'd miss the Cold War.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, and now folks are expecting us to take the side of the "lesser enemy" - so long as we allow THEM to convince us of just which enemy is the lesser. Hell with that - I've got important fishing to do! Let the locals sort it out, so they can at least present us with a single enemy... and we can get back to drawing those lines in a clear manner!

There ain't nobody there that I've seen worth the gunpowder it would take to blow their noses.

edit on 2012/8/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, and now folks are expecting us to take the side of the "lesser enemy" - so long as we allow THEM to convince us of just which enemy is the lesser. Hell with that - I've got important fishing to do! Let the locals sort it out, so they can at least present us with a single enemy... and we can get back to drawing those lines in a clear manner!

There ain't nobody there that I've seen worth the gunpowder it would take to blow their noses.

edit on 2012/8/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Funny you should say "lesser enemy".

How many threads and posts are there about Romney/Obama being the lesser of two evils. People are saying just don't vote!

Yet when it comes to Syria, we're supposed to side with the "lesser of two evils".

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Are you Syrian? If not, then just what is your stake in their silly-assed internal politics? Let the Syrians handle it... and if it moves into Lebanon, let the Lebanese handle that. They've got Hezbollah which has the backing of Iran, so let the locals duke it out.

They have a stake there, I don't, and you I don't know about.

Okay. Everyone stop posting anything about international affairs. Let's remove the Create Thread button and turn on our TV's and only focus on Local News.

Thanks for the tip.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The lesser evil is STILL evil, whether it comes to politics or street fighting. I'm opting out of both for this round.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join