It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It might be a sign of the coming events, or even end of the world.. azov sea turns red....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This week, scientists and citizens were stunned to see how the Azov Sea suddenly turned red.

"It might be a sign of the coming events, or even end of the world" say the locals.

The officials have been trying to calm down people, explaining that although this does not happen often it is a natural phenomenon that does sometimes occur.

Azov Sea, or Sea of Azov as it is often called is situated off the southern shores of Ukraine and Russia.

It forms a northern extension of the Black Sea, to which it is linked on the south by the Kerch Strait. The Sea of Azov is about 210 miles (340 km) long and 85 miles (135 km) wide and has an area of about 14,500 square miles (37,600 square km) www.messagetoeagle.com... here is a pic to if this is poated already forgive me
mods could you delete this one i over looked the other one

edit on 15-8-2012 by q13ert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's probably just a severe red tide. Algal bloom. .

Not really uncommon.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Duplicate thread to this earlier one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: Oops, never mind, those are two different bodies of water, sorry. Weird that they're both being publicized today!
edit on 15-8-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is a natural occurance, perhaps not in that area, but all over the world. It's also not something that is limited to a certail location, any large body of water could be contaminated.

Bear in mind that different kinds of organisms can attach itself to small boats and sea planes which travel from water mass to water mass. This is why countries like South Africa with delicate eco systems prohibit the use of sea planes for just that reason.

Once the algea bloom sets in it has a severe effect on the local fish species as it removes the oxygen in the water. You can expect reports of mass fish die-offs to follow shortly.

Not much they can do about it, just wait for it to move allong with the currents.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Could be Red Iron Oxide?

www.rockstone.biz...

But when Jesus said, and the waters be turn to blood. With more earthquakes going on and getting bigger we could more Red Iron Oxide being disturbed and causing more red seas and lakes.
edit on 15-8-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'll tell you one thing, if I read about a plague of Frogs and Locust tomorrow, I'm headed for the hills.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I'll tell you one thing, if I read about a plague of Frogs and Locust tomorrow, I'm headed for the hills.

Don't they climb too?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Dinoflagellates can cause "red tide".

They are micro organisms that are present in water. I believe they are actually more prevalent in slow moving or stagnant water - not water that is freely moving as "tide" in red tide can suggest.

At high levels, it can kill fish and other species. It is a natural occurance, but for those into Biblical prophecy, no doubt this is what the Bible speaks of.

Does it mean something more? Probably not. Until HUGE bodies of water become red at the same time worldwide, I wouldn't be worried.

Cool find, and it certainly would be cool to see.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I can say it is something to be seen in person. It is actually quite amazing (and the people freaking out also). Ive looked at the link supplied by the OP, and the images suggest that it is an Algae bloom (Bottom photo close to the water, you see a rock. If its an FeO the water would be a murky red, seeing as you can see the rock, and you can see the red parts "drifting" around it would tell me its an Algae bloom.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

Yes, I agree. Since it is not so opaque, it is definitely some sort of dinoflagellate algae bloom. Neurotoxins are a result of them blooming, and they can cause paralytic effects on people too - not just fish.

I can imagine people freaking out when they see this. Back in Bible times, I can see that it was an ever bigger deal. Seeing how if people's water sources were contaminated, they could possible loose their only water source, not to mention fish to eat. These micro organisms can be present in any type of water. Sometimes I wonder about these types of prophecies being relevant anymore. When this occurs now, it is not as big of a problem as it used to be. It's not as detrimental to most people's everyday lives.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it's a matter of days or weeks before the rapture.
What I am shocked about is there is virtually noone around me anywhere who has one clue that this is coming upon us. The only peace I feel is believing that Jesus Is Near. There is just too much weird stuff happening..

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OR7DRP27
I think it's a matter of days or weeks before the rapture.
What I am shocked about is there is virtually noone around me anywhere who has one clue that this is coming upon us. The only peace I feel is believing that Jesus Is Near. There is just too much weird stuff happening..

Not so much, if you ask me.

what has been coined as "Red Tides" happen each year in some areas, the amount of reddness in the water differs depending on the area and water content. Hell in some states in the US there is a PSA about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
Dinoflagellates can cause "red tide".

They are micro organisms that are present in water. I believe they are actually more prevalent in slow moving or stagnant water - not water that is freely moving as "tide" in red tide can suggest.

At high levels, it can kill fish and other species. It is a natural occurance, but for those into Biblical prophecy, no doubt this is what the Bible speaks of.

Does it mean something more? Probably not. Until HUGE bodies of water become red at the same time worldwide, I wouldn't be worried.

Cool find, and it certainly would be cool to see.

That would be something to witness.. Does that mean the sky would turn red also?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
How else would humans with simple understanding of their environment describe this? It's red and liquid, what else would they have seen that looks like that? Blood. They would have also seen the ill effect of this but not have known what was making people sick or killing fish etc. so the river, lake, etc. would have been passed as an ill omen to look out for. We know what it is now, of course thanks to science and studying it...so why cling to some outdated irrational superstitions surrounding this?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well yes it certainly does look Biblical algae or no algae.
That poor guy in the article must have his work cut out for him trying to explain it happens occasionally.
Would love to see it up close certainly.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
More like Orangy. When the sea turns blood red.

top topics

join