It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are DHS and ICE stockpiling ammo?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

thats the strange thing here - The only Americans that would do what they want done is these young kids and they will do it for a very short period of time - fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me - and there will not be a third time. so that takes down a few thousand people - not millions ... ??? they got something else in the works - remember 911 was done by a space weapon - and drones are like video games - and foreign troops are around the nation - we will not hesistate to put the hammer down on a foreigner, how are they going to bring the population down to 66 million from 300 million... and why are illegals like getting all the protection from the feds. they advertise they are buying lethal rounds - they are passing these Laws that no one will follow... ???
I really think they may start the war against the people - but I think the people know who and where to find the ones responsible so - I dont think there will be civil war just orders and arrest warrents... I believe there is a line there that no American will cross - except for maybe a few that are controlled by the Federal Reserve Bank and they have proven they wil cross any line - so they are history its just a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So far, it's been handgun ammunition, which tactically would infer short range (50 yds or less) use. I would be more concerned if they were stockpiling rifle rounds indicative of a full-scale combat situation. In the case of civil unrest, I think most private citizens would arm themselves with long guns for protection.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
NOAA is buying the ammo because they fear a zombie narwahl attack. Or, maybe they're planning on shooting at tornadoes or something. The SSA is buying the ammo to execute the old people, because Social Security has become bankrupt. And, as far as ICE goes, they'll use it to secure Mexico's border when the U.S. economy collapses and Obama starts to enslave the country. It will be used to keep Americans INSIDE the border.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This keeps coming up. It sounds ominous, (ok, it is a bit), but it makes sense on alot of levels.

Amount of ammo used for training.
Cost savings due to bulk purchase
Price of metals (esp copper) climbing.
Value of dollar falling.

I don't think they are stocking up directly for some event...other than it may cost more and be harder to get in a worse economy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Boss - that is pure BS ... just the opposite - only the news media and the government want there to be racial tensions - if you look around you will see those groups of different races have turned into multi racial groups - skin color really has never been an issue for the people - its has all be exasterbated by religous - governmental - media ... and the dumb sobs would listen to it and act accordingly - and I dont call them racist I call them Dumb.
It seems we have all found something to be against ... we started talking and found that those racial thoughts were un founded. and we have a common enemy the one telling us we are racist whom ever they may be.
edit on 15-8-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Not only has the Social Security Administration purchased multithousands of rounds of hollow point bullets but so have the Department of Homeland Security and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Sources have further indicated that ammunition and firearms have been delivered to multiple agencies of the federal government, including the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Education, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Internal Revenue Service, among others.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Why do they need large quantities of ammonia nitrate and booster materials then? Are they going to counter attack with truck bombs?

Those materials are most useful when employed as cratering charges. For area access denial on roads, before bridges and runways, etc.

Am I missing something? Where did you hear that?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No one in the Govt. trains with hollow point ammunition. Period.

The US military has NO hollow point ammunition. I assure you.

The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[3] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention.

Wikipedia

If it was for a legitimate purpose they would have bought 448 million rounds of Ball ammunition and the rest hollowpoint. But if the US has agreed NOT to use hollowpoint ammunition as per the Hague Convention, WHY is a department of the Federal Govt. purchasing banned ammunition?

edit on 15-8-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Why do they need large quantities of ammonia nitrate and booster materials then? Are they going to counter attack with truck bombs?

Those materials are most useful when employed as cratering charges. For area access denial on roads, before bridges and runways, etc.

I heard it from a Liberty Alert by Bob Livingston (15 Aug 2012).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Ammonium Nitrate based explosives are a very useful and easy to make explosive.

About 90% of the IEDs in Afghanistan utilize an AN based main charge.
edit on 15-8-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

There was a recent post in the "DHS orders 750 million" thread I believe that DHS or some other alphabet agency does "train" with the JHP rounds.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets
www.infowars.com...

Excel Spreadsheet of Delivery locations:
www.fbo.gov...

Also the NWS purchased numerous rounds of .40 S&W Personal Defense.
edit on 15-8-2012 by imtheweasel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That's just absurd.

Hollowpoint ammo is more expensive, since they are already making a bulk purchase they can easily buy the ball ammo for training and the HP for operations. And have it delivered at the same time.

No professional organization that understands anything about firearms would use HP at the range for training.
Maybe DHS is that stupid?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

If they are so cost conscious to order in bulk for the economies of scale then why not train with FMJ bullets of the same weight as the JHP that they carry on duty? It really does not add up.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Originally posted by intrptr

I heard it from a Liberty Alert by Bob Livingston (15 Aug 2012).

So... then, the only conclusion I can draw from that is that they want to be able to isolate certain areas of cities say, with road way cratering charges. This would be a useful tactic during marshall law to prevent civilians from entering or leaving certain areas. Cratering charges will dig a hole that can be guarded like a road block or cut off railroads, bridges and runways to prevent people and supplies from entering or leaving.

Since they have access to much higher explosives than ammonium nitrate but chose it specifically, my guess is that is what they want it for. Control during Marshall law.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

About 90% of the IEDs in Afghanistan utilize an AN based main charge.

Because its what they have access to. Its fertilizer.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The obvious is they are getting ready for martial law. Even here in WI USA, they are putting up roadblocks at all freeway on-ramps. The excuse is they can be deployed in case of a bad accident to divert traffic...

However the solar powered radio boxes next to them betray that they are installed for a long crisis event rather than typical day to day activities. If they were for day to day use they would have wired the radio boxes to the streetlight mains. In addition it looks like they poured a foundation for a gaurd shack near several of these. My guess is the rounds are for armed security checkpoints (like these) and security in general. Door to door searches are not likely in the beginning stages. Facism is coming to america. Prepare.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That doesn't make any sense.

If they wanted to put large craters in the roads they would just drop bombs. And destroying the roads denies them the roads also. It makes no tactical sense. It would be way more practical to just set up fortified road blocks at key choke points.

Not to mention purpose made cratering charges are manufactured by the same companies that produce every other military grade explosive.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That doesn't make any sense.

Neither does attacking civilians with truck bombs?

If they wanted to put large craters in the roads they would just drop bombs. And destroying the roads denies them the roads also. It makes no tactical sense. It would be way more practical to just set up fortified road blocks at key choke points.

Bombs might miss. I didnt read about "dropping bombs". It makes a lot of sense. "Fortified roadblocks" with guards are a lot less practical than a cratering charge of AN. Boom and theres you roadblock. You don't even need to guard it ( or minimally). At "key choke points" they are most effective as area denial measures. And they don't "destroy roads", a dozer can repair the hole in an hour. Ammonium Nitrate is a "lo" explosive. More useful for pushing things (like dirt).

There are oodles of field manuals on it. Heres one.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Craters are effective obstacles to enemy movement when constructed properly and located at critical points along his movement route. Craters are normally placed on roads or other high speed movement routes the enemy is expected to use. They should be placed at locations that cannot be easily bypassed such as cuts or fills.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
DHS and ICE buying a lot of ammo is not a big deal. Do the math. Each training session requires 300-500 rounds. Therefore, to train a large force, one needs lots of ammo. And that is not mentioning that it is downright stupid to think that these dept.'s wouldnt have a HUGE stockpile of ammo, just in case. You think they wait for S to HTF and say "oh crap, we're out of bullets"? No.

The SS administration one is the only one I see that is an eyebrow raiser.

Ah, but you do not use hollow points for training! They cost around DOUBLE what the ordinary rounds do, and you don't have to train with them to be able to shoot them. Ordinary rounds are just fine for target practice.

Plus, when agencies like the SSA and NOAA are also getting ammo, you have to ask why. Same as asking why the Dept. of Education and IRS would need special shotguns.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join