It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are DHS and ICE stockpiling ammo?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think Jason Bermas of Loose Change talks with Russia TV in april about these Ammo Purchases - as usual Jason is true blue American telling like it is - they are for American Citizens - hollow point ammo is for penetration not target practice - who needs to penetrate a paper target >?
the question is - how fast will the American People Rally and Fire DHS as an enemy to the American People >?
thats the real question - how many American lives will be lost before we put a stop to these insane governement policies ?
Jason raises some real concerns in this video.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

That is a very good question. Please add the Social Security Administration to this list. New this morning:

Social Security Administration To Purchase 174 Thousand Rounds Of Hollow Point Bullets

This is starting to get weird.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Is this a rhetorical question? I think it is self evident if not plain obvious. If it is for regular duty and target practice (DHS not the Weather Service) then why such large quantities? Why not smaller more periodic orders? Again and especially when looked at as part of a whole picture (Patriot Acts, NDAA and plans for FEMA, Civilian Inmate Labor and ReEducation Camps, bullet-proof checkpoint stations, etc) then there is only one conclusion - Civil War.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
DHS and ICE buying a lot of ammo is not a big deal. Do the math. Each training session requires 300-500 rounds. Therefore, to train a large force, one needs lots of ammo. And that is not mentioning that it is downright stupid to think that these dept.'s wouldnt have a HUGE stockpile of ammo, just in case. You think they wait for S to HTF and say "oh crap, we're out of bullets"? No.

The SS administration one is the only one I see that is an eyebrow raiser.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

hollow point ammo is for penetration not target practice

Hollow points are designed to kill,

A hollow-point bullet is an expanding bullet that has a pit or hollowed out shape in its tip, often intended to cause the bullet to expand upon entering a target in order to decrease penetration and disrupt more tissue

Its designed for soft targets, not penetration, full metal jackets do better at penetration, but I get what your trying to say.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Is this a rhetorical question? I think it is self evident if not plain obvious. If it is for regular duty and target practice (DHS not the Weather Service) then why such large quantities? Why not smaller more periodic orders? Again and especially when looked at as part of a whole picture (Patriot Acts, NDAA and plans for FEMA, Civilian Inmate Labor and ReEducation Camps, bullet-proof checkpoint stations, etc) then there is only one conclusion - Civil War.

smaller, periodic orders are more expensive. Period.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

DHS and ICE buying a lot of ammo is not a big deal. Do the math. Each training session requires 300-500 rounds. Therefore, to train a large force, one needs lots of ammo. And that is not mentioning that it is downright stupid to think that these dept.'s wouldnt have a HUGE stockpile of ammo, just in case. You think they wait for S to HTF and say "oh crap, we're out of bullets"? No.

You wouldn't use hollow points for training or target shooting, you use FMJ for those purposes, Hollow points are for practical use (you don't use hollowpoints at a range because of shrapnel chance increases)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

You wouldn't use hollow points for training or target shooting, you use FMJ for those purposes, Hollow points are for practical use (you don't use hollowpoints at a range because of shrapnel chance increases)

But in tactical training, you do train with what you use. There is a difference between range training and tactical training.

Not to mention, again, that it is very prudent for these departments to have a large stockpile, just in case.

edit on 15-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Waaaaaaaay back when the LAPD used to use 38 special revolvers.
I worked at a local gun shop that also reloaded on a major scale.
Every week we would box up and ship 250,000 rounds to L.A.
Every week!
This was just for their academy recruits, only one agency.
If I put down all I shot in a year and multiplied that by the number of cops at any one agency, I think my number would be greater.
I don't see why all of the panic when agencies buy ammo.
I like it, as I know there will be alot of once fired brass!!

link   

Well I am glad that they are doing something different for a change then...to save the tax payers some change. The GAO will be proud (but maybe they will be buying some large quantities of ammo soon also). I hope that same logic applies to individuals then who want to buy ammo in bulk to save money.

edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

link   
why? because they are getting ready for all of the right-wing militia groups to wage an armed conflict with government. is that what you wanted to hear? because that is what you are suggesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Why do they need large quantities of ammonia nitrate and booster materials then? Are they going to counter attack with truck bombs?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Well I am glad that they are doing something different for a change then...to save the tax payers some change. The GAO will be proud (but maybe they will be buying some large quantities of ammo soon also). I hope that same logic applies to individuals then who want to buy ammo in bulk to save money.

edit on 15-8-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

I would wager that it has far less to do with saving taxpayer money, and more to do with budgetary restrictions. If you only have x amount of dollars, and can gett a million bullets at once with that amount, or 500,000 if purchased periodically, well, it just makes fiscal sense to buy a million.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by benrl

But in tactical training, you do train with what you use. There is a difference between range training and tactical training.

Not to mention, again, that it is very prudent for these departments to have a large stockpile, just in case.

edit on 15-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Not only that point but it is very possible there was a shortage on fmj due to military contracts and they had surplus hollow point at a discount price.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As i,ve said on other threads its about purchasing power now lets say you can buy one bullet for a dollar at the RRP so the more you but the more you save so 10 bullets may only be 90c and by the time you start mentioning silly numbers you are probably looking at 20-30c per bullet plus with a good contract you have pushed the fact that raw material prices may increase onto the supplier who can't do anything since the contract says 20c a bullet even if it costs 30c to manufacture which would mean the goverment is actually saving the people money
plus don't forget alot of these contracts are for the max amount they can order from the supplier at any one time so if they don't need it they don't order it but they know for the next 5 years that every bullet will cost 20c regardless of the future pricing

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not sure but thought I would toss it out there..

Could this just be agencies trying to get their piece of the 2013 fiscal budget?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
and to add another wrinkle to this whole thing .... we sold securities backed by land to several unfriendly nations around the globe - and they have the right to the pledged property in default. so who wants China saying get out of our house you low life American.... ????? so they could also be buying this stuff for when one of these nations demand the collateral ... what do you think of that idea ?

and I just ran across this appearently they want to do away with Ammo Reporting all together - really suspecious
DHS Classifies Ammo Puchases
edit on 15-8-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Not sure but thought I would toss it out there..

Could this just be agencies trying to get their piece of the 2013 fiscal budget?

Only 60 days left till fiscal year 2013... you know what they say?

"If you don't use it, you lose it!"

Either way... that's a LOT of ammuntion.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I think Jason Bermas of Loose Change talks with Russia TV in april about these Ammo Purchases - as usual Jason is true blue American telling like it is - they are for American Citizens - hollow point ammo is for penetration not target practice - who needs to penetrate a paper target >?
the question is - how fast will the American People Rally and Fire DHS as an enemy to the American People >?
thats the real question - how many American lives will be lost before we put a stop to these insane governement policies ?
Jason raises some real concerns in this video.

There is a rise in racism like never before seen in modern history... the RADIO talk show pundits have rallied the troops and call the President names on a daily basis , everything but the "N" word... I am waiting for that ball to drop too... In order for RADIO talk shows to make money, they must feed the gods of racism and fear.. They have done so very well. I believe that they think the pundits will cause an increase of a risk of domestic terrorism.. As Sean Hannity says "we have to take back our country.." from whom..? who has stolen the country? and who is "our.."
edit on 15-8-2012 by sensible1 because: clarification

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just maybe they are reading the ATS forums too, and that is why they are stocking up.... Reading all the stuff here, I would be scared to be in government too, so if I was the US government I would stock up just to safeguard myself just based on the sentiment I read on ATS ....

Heck, judging by what I read on ATS, the USA is ready for a coo ..... can you blame your government for taking action to prevent it????
edit on 15/8/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join