Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Israel: Potential War with Iran to Last 1 Month

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well if I was on an american ship any where out there in the ME. I would be very wary of being attacked by israeli aircraft. That way they can blame it on the Iranians and get the USA to do the work for them. They have a history of doing this sort of thing and the americans wont even bother investigating. They will take Israels word on it. Like they have done before in the past.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

If that's how they really feel, why would they team up with an Israeli armor expert Plasan Sasa to make the MRAP? Wouldn't they feel more threatened of sabotage than spying?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

Dont know.

But I believe Politicians, can say kiss, and tell, all they want. Behind the scenes, its a whole different story.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I know Danni Ziv(the ceo of the Manufacturer that produces the MRAP), he is a family friend of sorts. And when he first started producing, the senator got to ride in it. So, again I will ask (not directly to you), if thats how they truly feel, why would they order the MRAP's?
edit on 15-8-2012 by PieceOfThePuzzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well, even FauxNews is reporting on this...

Fox

This is what I find interesting that no one is talking about...

Vilnai was stepping down Wednesday to take up his new post in China. He is being replaced by a former internal security service chief, Avi Dichter.

This Dichter guy is a real piece of work.
Here is a piece of his bio from Wiki...

He began his career in Shin Bet as a sky marshal for El Al. After becoming proficient in Arabic and completing field intelligence courses, he began working in the Shin Bet's Southern District—specifically in the Gaza Strip. In 1986 he gained a BA in Social Science from Bar-Ilan University. In 1992, he was appointed as Director for the region. The targeted killing of Hamas operative Yahya Ayyash—known as "The Engineer"—took place under Dichter's leadership. The assassination of the late Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in 1995 shed light on Shin Bet's shortcomings. Aiming to improve the Shin Bet's protection capabilities, Dichter was appointed Director of the Security and Protection Division. In 1999, he became Deputy Director of Shin Bet, and gained an Executive MBA from Tel Aviv University. One year later, Prime Minister Ehud Barak promoted Dichter to Director. During his tenure as Director, the Palestinians launched one of their most deadly campaigns, the al-Aqsa Intifada. Under Dichter's leadership, Shin Bet changed its modus operandi and restructured its mission and duties to serve at the forefront of Israel's security and counter-terrorism efforts. The organization spearheaded counter-insurgency and intelligence operations deep inside the West Bank and Gaza Strip. In doing so, the Shin Bet is credited with drastically reducing the number of attacks perpetrated against Israel during this time as well as helping to restore safety and positive morale to the Israeli public. Another one of Dichter's successful initiatives included envisioning and planning with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon the West Bank barrier.

But here is where it gets the most interesting to me...

In Matar v. Dichter, the Center for Constitutional Rights filed a federal class action lawsuit against Dichter on behalf of the Palestinians killed or injured in a 2002 "targeted killing" air strike in Gaza. It charged him with extrajudicial killing, war crimes and other gross human rights violations. On April 16, 2009, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirmed the dismissal of the case against Dichter, on the basis that Dichter possesses immunity under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA).[3] In 2007 he canceled a visit to the UK for fear he would be arrested on war crime charges.[4] In March 2009 Dichter signed a number of injunctions banning a series of events titled "Jerusalem, the capital of Arab culture" scheduled to be held under the auspices and sponsored by the Palestinian Authority in Jerusalem, Nazareth and other parts of the country. Holding these events, according to Dichter, would be in violation of an Israeli–Palestinian treaty barring PA events on Israel territory. Nazareth Mayor Ramiz Jeraisi criticized the move as anti-Arab and compared Dichter to Avigdor Lieberman.[5] Acting on Dichter's orders, eight events were shuttered and at least twenty organizers and participants detained.[6]

Wiki link

So, in other words, Israel is not only getting their plans in order "in case" they "need" to strike, but now they're even bringing in their "big guns" to run the show.

Sorry, but to me this sounds more and more imminent.

I agree that the US will not launch the first attack. There is too much riding on the election, BUT if Israel starts it and Iran retaliates then the US will "have no choice" (or so they will tell us) but to join in.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
France Is Preparing A Plan To Evacuate Its Citizens From Israel

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoMatterNeverMind
reply to post by tothetenthpower

S&F

I honestly think the reason that Israel states all these things is to provoke Iran into attacking first, and then it can seem justified in its self-defense.

Of course that's why. The leadership of Israel is full of such slimy little deceitful cowards. They want this war in such a bad way, but they can't outright start wailing on everyone like the mad lunatics they are, because they have to go in and come out of this thing with "clean hands", so they have to provoke (their enemies) and manipulate (their "allies") their way to the end-zone.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I like wars fought by Israel and the surrounding Arab nations, they only last days, not decades like the U.S. and the death tolls are surprisingly low. Whole lot of cowardice over there. Throw down your weapons and live to run away another day.
edit on 15-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Despite warnings about a conflict from American officials, Israeli officials have made a number of statements about Iran's nuclear program that some believe indicate a military conflict will happen soon. A former Mossad chief, Efraim Halevy, told the New York Times last week, "If I were Iranian, I'd be fearful of the next 12 weeks." Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

France

Let the scattering begin...

So then, to recap...

-We have statements of a 30 day "conflict" planned for a "what if" scenario, with predictions of 500 Israli dead
-We have predictions of the possibility that this could happen within a matter of weeks
-Now both Saudi Arabia and France are evacuating their citizens from the area
-And today the head of internal security in Israel changed guards- the new guy sure seems to have a lot of experience in the "war games" department (or is that just me...
)

My questions...

-China and Russia have been by Iran's side through much of these talks, what/when will be their next moves if the US follows Israel?
-As a US citizen I have to know, who will be backing Israel and the US in this if it does truly turn global? Doesn't matter who's side I'd rather be on, I need to know what our chances are as a country if the SHTF scenario occurs...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Israel National News

The physicians conclude by writing, “As men and women of medicine - of mind and body alike - we appeal to you to prevent the residents of Israel from becoming victims of an operation that will in any case only delay and not prevent a nuclear Iran. We believe that the war you are starting is - by definition - a war of choice. We believe that the State of Israel will know how to deal with any future scenario, whether it happens or not, without the need for this certain destruction.” Speculation has increased over the past few days about an Israeli strike aimed at preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. Some have speculated that such an attack by Israel could likely occur in September or October.

On Monday, the daily newspaper Maariv reported that Israel has received assurances from the Obama administration, as well as the camp of Republican presumptive nominee, Mitt Romney, that the United States will join a war against Iran on Israel's side, if such a war breaks out.

September is only a couple of weeks away.
This is not good timing for us, as a country, either. I don't like either of the choices we are presented with for the next president, but if we were to change Presidents a few months into a conflict like this? Wouldn't that create a significant weakness for us?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The appointment of Avi Dichter as Minister of Home Front Defense was a move aimed at giving Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu additional support for a military strike in Iran, Channel 2 News reported on Tuesday.

Link

Minister of Home Front Defense
Sounds like a great title for a man with a war crime background...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Have you noticed that it's the "cheering section" that have never had to actually deal with it?
Not sure where you have been, but it is usually the Ex-Military---US does no wrong---GOP Supporters, who feel a stirring in their loins for this upcoming conflict.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
1 emp blast and a lot of america goes back to the iron age & jews the world over would be slaughtered like animals markets would crash worldwide petrol goes to $500 a barrel . russia & china would go for it but thats the big plan as most countrys cannot afford the welfare state & massive populations .just look back in the last 100 years every time the population starts to riot they start a war general stubbleline ? wrote that you can kill 100 million a year & the population will still go up what do you think fema camps are for holidays

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I hope you do realize that with the technological advancements that the public does and doesn't know about, in a 'SHTF' scenario, we - the people in the USA have little to worry about. We have the technology to spot missiles being launched and shoot them down without any harm to us.

Israel - although is a beautiful country(that doesn't mean I support their politics, just the culture), they will be fighting a multiple front war; which is why they are expecting 500 casualties. There 'Iron Dome' and 'Arrow II' missile defense capabilities are beautiful in the technological sense, however they where built by humans who error.

The United States allies:

Albania Belgium Bulgaria Canada Croatia Czech Republic Denmark Estonia France Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Italy Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Slovakia Slovenia Spain Turkey United Kingdom

Iran allies:

Syria, Russia and China

Although some people claim that France is also an ally of Iran, I couldn't find any solid reliable source that confirms it. And if the USA went to war, they would follow us.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

i would not be sure of not having anything to worry about we in the uk watched 9-11 in the AM to ? your goverment loves you very much the free dinner time is over the gold bars are hollow in the vaults you have to expect the unexpected with this one

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22

Despite warnings about a conflict from American officials, Israeli officials have made a number of statements about Iran's nuclear program that some believe indicate a military conflict will happen soon. A former Mossad chief, Efraim Halevy, told the New York Times last week, "If I were Iranian, I'd be fearful of the next 12 weeks." Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

France

Let the scattering begin...

So then, to recap...

-We have statements of a 30 day "conflict" planned for a "what if" scenario, with predictions of 500 Israli dead
-We have predictions of the possibility that this could happen within a matter of weeks
-Now both Saudi Arabia and France are evacuating their citizens from the area
-And today the head of internal security in Israel changed guards- the new guy sure seems to have a lot of experience in the "war games" department (or is that just me...
)

My questions...

-China and Russia have been by Iran's side through much of these talks, what/when will be their next moves if the US follows Israel?
-As a US citizen I have to know, who will be backing Israel and the US in this if it does truly turn global? Doesn't matter who's side I'd rather be on, I need to know what our chances are as a country if the SHTF scenario occurs...

Hi.

I have been reading your posts. You have made many good points, lade out a lot of good arguments, have been dead wrong on a few things as well.

You asked :
I need to know what our chances are as a country if the SHTF scenario occurs...

Here are the facts as I know them. Slayer beezer xcath and a few others could elaborate as they know more about these things than all of us. But.

Arabs and Palestinians have attacked Israel before, en-mass. They were repelled, handed their bum holes.

Iran fought Iraq to a stalemate over the course of 10 years. The US crushed Iraq in a few weeks.

The Chinese have a lot of people, but limited tech. They would be obliterated by the thousands as they boarded transports.

The Russians have such a big pile of junk, that when they attacked Georgia there was more equipment being towed than what was moving under it sown power.

We will make out just fine, dont worry. Lets stand together on this one OK? we are stronger when we unite.

One more thing.

In Israel, fighting, defending,killing is all par for the course. It starts when your small. These are very tough people. Both war wise and emotionally.

We need to do the right thing on this one. If Iran gets the bomb and uses it, the world will end, this is for sure, so please lets unite in stopping it for getting to that point.

On this one, I do not even want to give you my customary "Oh BTW, just saying." Its to serious at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

MOD SQUAD! That IS catchy! LOL! Anyways...Israel will threaten all it wants but if it ever wants to see another PENNY of U.S. MONEY in the form of the U.S. Foreign Aid....it will do...NOTHING!

The U.S. has made it a CLEAR as clear can get that Israel is NOT to Bomb Iranian Nuclear Sites as this would Poison the entire Middle Eastern Region and that includes Israel as well as some Former Soviet Block Countries and Russia as well. Iran has Tens of Thousands of Centrifuges in their attempt to enrich Uranium to Weapons Grade.

The Dust that would be propelled into the air would be from these centrifuges and it would spread by wind currents...Radioactive Dust all over the area. This cannot be allowed to happen. Their is only TWO ways this problem can be solved and Israel would not participate in either.

The Iranian Government is calculated to have a 11 to 12 Month life span. The Pro-Democracy Movement is planning a takeover but should the Iranian Old Religious Guard attempt to remain in power they could create an incident by forcing the U.S. to act and thus possible portray the U.S. as an invading force which they feel might get the people back on their side. If the Old Guard strikes at the Iranian Pro-Democracy Movement and at the same time attempts to Close the Strait of Hormuz or worse...Publicly declares they have Nuclear Weapons...true or not...the U.S. will be forced to intervene.

If the Movement takes over then we may have a new ally that would want good relations and trade their Nuclear Program for AID but if the Old Guard acts and we have to go in...we would use Special Forces and Airborne Rangers to secure all Iranian Nuclear Sites and since we have been holding secret U.S. to Iranian Military to Military talks as we did in IRAQ...the Iranian Military may STAND DOWN rather than become OBLITERATED. If one special Iranian Military Division that is loyal to the Old Guard does not stand down we will either use Highly Secretive and Powerful Non-Nuclear EMP's to render their Military Useless. If the U.S. decides they do not yet want the effectiveness known of these EMP's and if the Military to Military talks get most Iranian Military Leaders to stand down but not all...that particular Iranian Division will be EXAMPLE TARGETED as was an IRAQI Republican Guard Division known for atrocities...was WIPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH by a large wing of B-52's. 80 to !00 THOUSAND MEN just GONE. This would happen in IRAN so it is important for the Military to Military Talks to work as this amount of DEATH would have a negative effect even with the Pro-Democracy Movement.

Israel will not be involved and if they do get involved...the U.S. will be more than just pissed. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
Israel National News

The physicians conclude by writing, “As men and women of medicine - of mind and body alike - we appeal to you to prevent the residents of Israel from becoming victims of an operation that will in any case only delay and not prevent a nuclear Iran. We believe that the war you are starting is - by definition - a war of choice. We believe that the State of Israel will know how to deal with any future scenario, whether it happens or not, without the need for this certain destruction.” Speculation has increased over the past few days about an Israeli strike aimed at preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons. Some have speculated that such an attack by Israel could likely occur in September or October.

On Monday, the daily newspaper Maariv reported that Israel has received assurances from the Obama administration, as well as the camp of Republican presumptive nominee, Mitt Romney, that the United States will join a war against Iran on Israel's side, if such a war breaks out.

September is only a couple of weeks away.
This is not good timing for us, as a country, either. I don't like either of the choices we are presented with for the next president, but if we were to change Presidents a few months into a conflict like this? Wouldn't that create a significant weakness for us?

Yes, it could be a potential weakness for us. BUT, I think these things have all been though through.

And really, if it came down to our survival, OBAMA and ROMNEY would be chummies sitting at the table.
edit on 16-8-2012 by morethanyou because: because im stooooopid

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The world financial apparatus needs a distraction to stall its collapse. Many prominent Iranians think their "Mahdi" will soon appear and this is prophecy unfolding. Israel has the Samson Option and capable of wiping out EVERY capitol in their region. I'm sure many who hold sway in the UK and US governments are chomping at the bit to get going with another war.

All I can say is pray for peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
The world financial apparatus needs a distraction to stall its collapse. Many prominent Iranians think their "Mahdi" will soon appear and this is prophecy unfolding. Israel has the Samson Option and capable of wiping out EVERY capitol in their region. I'm sure many who hold sway in the UK and US governments are chomping at the bit to get going with another war.

All I can say is pray for peace.

Yea, we can all sit together nashing our teeth, rubbing our hands together nervously hoping for peace.

We can verbally attack one another, and slap our moral allies on the backs.

We can chew the cud back and forth all day, putting the blame for this at virtually anyone's feet.

OR

WE can do what is right, and prevent Iran from using the bomb on Israel and ending the world as we all know it.

I will take the last option thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join