It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Potential War with Iran to Last 1 Month

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Can anybody explain to me what nation makes all of these preparations, plans, drills, threats and outright honesty regarding their actions, and then doesn't go through with ii?

A 3-day war on multiple fronts will begin if Israel decides to strike Iran, according to Israel's outgoing Defense Minister, Matan Vilnai.

Vilbai has declared that his country is "ready as never before" for such a clash, stating that "there is no room for hysteria."

"The assessments are for a war that will last 30 days on a number of fronts," the Minister has declared in an interview for Maariv, as cited by international media.

He reiterated that the Jewish state would suffer around 500 deaths in the war.

"It could be that there will be less fatalities, but it could be there will be more, that is the scenario that we are preparing for according to the best experts."

Source

The source might be a bit spurious, so forgive me if it turns out to be a crock.

In any case, this story, in conjunction with Saudi Arabia 'ordering' according to the AP all their citizens returned, seems to show that things are approaching the final hour.

It's 5 minutes before midnight, and it seems like the Israeli government will this time start a war and go through with creating the single most dangerous military confrontation that we've had in a long time.

There are so many factors at play, so many allies and non-allies that could be if the situation warranted.

This sort of wide region, multi-country conflict would be new territory with our modern technology and ability to make one event look as though it was perpetrated by another.

It certainly is not going to be your average run of the mill conflict like we see in Syria or Libya.

I'm always the first to tell people to not fear monger about wars and upcoming conflict and I still certainly am skeptical of these events. People have said for a long time that a war was due and in my time I've heard it far more than once that this war was imminent.

Much like Y2K and 2012, I tend to scoff at the idea of another world wide conflict. Perhaps we should pay extra attention to what goes on with this however. It has the potential of being a larger than we've seen conflict.

Regardless of who starts it and who is at fault, the rest of the world will no doubt be greatly affected by it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Your source might be good...

An additional link, if you don't mind.

Reuters

I suppose the only real question left to ask, is when? Will Tel Aviv wait and see how the US presidential polls are shaping up before deciding to launch, or do they have a hard date set?

Either way, this is all bad. I'm no Iranian sympathizer, but I think that everyone assuming they want nuclear power solely to produce nuclear weaponry is 'jumping the shark' a tad.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
People here figure the US can beat any nation in the world and we heard it from his own mouth. A scenario with a loss of 500 Israelis. 500...in 30 days of active combat on multiple fronts.

If World War One could be said to have been a war borne of misjudgment and bad communication, then World War Three is to be a war borne out of pure arrogance and superiority complexes.

God help us all because no one else appears to be stepping up for the task.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Actually, Saudi Arabia and UAE are ordering their citizens out of Lebanon only, and this seems to be due to recent kidnappings in the area. I don't see a connection to Israel yet.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

S&F

I honestly think the reason that Israel states all these things is to provoke Iran into attacking first, and then it can seem justified in its self-defense.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
Actually, Saudi Arabia and UAE are ordering their citizens out of Lebanon only, and this seems to be due to recent kidnappings in the area. I don't see a connection to Israel yet.

The connection I made with that was that the Saudis and Emirates have some kind of inclination to believe the Israelis are preparing an air strike, which would likely need Saudi permission to use their air space. Perhaps their state departments are hearing some whispers they don't like.

Too soon to know for sure at the moment.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
With the propaganda coming out of Israel does anyone seriously believe Iran is the root of this problem?

I mean its not like Iran is steam rolling through every country in the middle east for Oil... I mean liberation purposes or anything.
edit on 15-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For me it is looking more and more likely that Israel will strike Iran in a few weeks.
All the signs are there, civil defense, conditioning of public opinion etc.

I expect it to happen fairly soon. The Us will sit in the Gulf watching, and waiting for the counter strike which will
be aimed at them as well as Israel, that's when uncle Sam/s boats will be loosed on the unfortunate Mullahs.

Anyone that thinks this will blow over is dreaming, the US will not be the first to attack, for me this has always been the way things will unfold. Israel first... The US sitting waiting.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Too soon to know for sure at the moment.

Correct. But the story does bear watching. If other announcements like this start to trickle in, then the official line will wear pretty thin. It would also be a good idea to watch the movements of the Saudi Royal Family.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It's 5 minutes before midnight, and it seems like the Israeli government will this time start a war and go through with creating the single most dangerous military confrontation that we've had in a long time.

I'm so glad you said "in a long time" rather than "the worst we've ever seen".
I can agree with you.

Now that you've stated the obvious we'll continue.

the Jewish state would suffer around 500 deaths in the war.

I can't stop laughing ........Hey we put a man on the moon too.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's been a long time since we had any shock and awe 24-hour news coverage.

US bunker buster bomb ready to go

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to this.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
And then we have this article...

Ex-CIA Analyst Explains the Real Reason Israel is Preparing to Attack Iran

Very interesting steps that Tel Aviv has taken thus far. I wonder if this is already a forgone conclusion, that Israel will strike Iran no matter what...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wouldn't it suit Israel to wait for Mitt Romney to become president, before attacking? Maybe that's what they are waiting for.
edit on 15-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If true, it is a fantasy assessment. Iran is not some backward nation with all its people illiterate an living in huts. It is a huge country with ten times the population of Israel. If Israel attacks, every other local nation will raise so much hell its leaders will have no other choice but to join Iran in repelling the attacks. The Egyptians, Saudis and Jordanians have very capable militaries; every one of their non-com and officers will be highly motivated to ground Israel into the dust.

I've been to Israel and every corner therein, there ain't a lot of places to run and half its population will massively reject the war, causing the Likud Party to be forced to wander in the desert in exile for decades, should there be any Israel left.

And IF Israel does his and we join, expect a great many of the young men you know in your communities to come home flag-draped boxes, even as the neo-cons, most who never served, cheer and the military industrialists reap record blood money profits.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The BBC posted that a couple hours ago, so don't worry about it being a crock. Israel however keeps pulling this crap to make us find the farthest edge of our seat. If it does happen, they must be high to think that Iran will just chill out after a month. Zionism at its best.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I would respectfully disagree.

There won't be a war with iran because Obama doesn't want one. To heck with right/wrong, we're talking an election here. Obama will cajole israel and make promises, Iran will thump its chest and make noise, but in the end, nothing will come of this.

What we're hearing now is not so much the tattoo of war drums but the sirens cry of egos being salved.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think people over estimate the amount of influence that the United States has over the government of Israel.

Bibi doesn't seem to care what the rest of the world thinks. I hope you are right though.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree, for now. The important variable is the fact that neither team is simply holding a set of "war drums".

vs

Ofcourse, Eventually supplemented with a good heaping scoop of AMERICA.

History will be the only determinate of how this goes. Iran is probably going to fall and there is nothing anything of us can actually do about it. It's sad that so many innocent lives could be potentially lost. Non-the-less, I hold out hope that nothing will happen.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Urbansoldier90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Interesting find. I was flipping through the TV today and on foxnews they where talking about how Israel is issuing gas masks to the public. So, I wonder why they claim its only going to be one month as the article states but are 'preparing for the worse'.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I think people over estimate the amount of influence that the United States has over the government of Israel.

From what I hear on ATS, its the Others Countries Power over The United States.

I also believe this Administration doesn't want a War with Iran. Maybe after the elections, but for now, something tremendous would have to happen, for this to take place.

Not that Obama will shy away from shedding blood of course, Ie; Bin Laden, "Kill Lists", etc........

Lets see how the media plays this though, as "they" are the biggest proponents, of hyping everything up......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join