It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security guard shot at conservative group's DC office

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Sorry, it's a cumbersome rant & you're exactly right--none whatsoever, but that's all the garbage that gets folded into these 'nonpolitical' stories.

I work in an area with good people that have shot & been shot by other good people over seemingly ignorant reasons, but when someone doesn't show, I always think the worst & hope for the best.

I hate that these things happen, but I also do not condone gun control or excessive government intervention; however, you kill the snake at the head & social dysfunction is encouraged, not discouraged. Shortsighted bureacrats see the quick steady cash in crime & punishment, instead of, a society that prospers because of social betterment thru intervention & rehabilitation.

We're not all dealt the same cards & it's more uncomfortable to be empathetic than it is to look the other way or assume everyone's undoing is their doing. That said, gradual & positive change is attainable one individual at a time. A multitude of factors encourage violence, but most violence evolves & can be circumvented a multitude of times prior to perpetration.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by OlafMiacov

In all fairness he is probably a Liberal, no need to mince words or walk on eggshells over it. If you can't say what you mean then you can't mean what you say. It comes down to specifics. It probably was a politically motivated affair. But to me that wasn't the part that should be focused on. And instead of partisan bickering over who did what that ultimately would take us back almost 230 some years before we were done, to focus instead on why are people resorting to this to make their point at what point did this become ok? And it then brings to question if your ideas are so great then why would you need to resort to force to get them heard?

Also I don't subscribe to some grand gun control conspiracy theory. Because if it were true that it was a Liberal plan to push more gun control: It could just as easily be a Conservative plan meant to push Liberals to a gun control platform during a Presidential election year.
edit on 15-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

S&F for starting the thread--just trying to be considerate in passive aggressive sort of way, I didn't mean anything personal & was only pointing-out the irony.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join