It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pauls statements against women.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It's why the law damns us, we can't keep any of it without failing somewhere else. This is why we needed a Savior, not from the law, but from ourselves. Jesus writes the law in our hearts and minds and becomes our conscience so we are not desiring to disobey Him (He is the Law).

So the biblical verses about the law not being too "difficult" are forgeries???

Care to site scripture so i know exactly what you're referring to?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

lonewolf19792000 :

Care to site scripture so i know exactly what you're referring to?

From Deuteronomy 30

11 Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach.
12 It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
13 Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”
14 No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
15 See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction.
16 For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

So what were you saying about people not being able keep any of it without failing somewhere else?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

613 laws that you can never make a single mistake on? How many perfect people do you personally know of? I've never met one.

I too have never met someone who were able to keep the "law" perfectly.
But bible has plenty of examples.

Elizabeth and Zechariah

In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. - Luke 1:5-6

The rich man who spoke to Jesus

“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’”
“Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”
- Mark 10:18-20

Plus there are several more examples of people who were able to keep the law.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Cool, three people in the history of humanity.

I've sinned, I can't opt for plan B if you've been perfect and never sinned your entire life then be my guest, follow the law.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Cool, three people in the history of humanity.

Its not just three people in the history of humanity.

These are just 3 examples off the top of my head.
But you know that the bible repeatedly equates keeping the law with being righteous.

I've sinned, I can't opt for plan B if you've been perfect and never sinned your entire life then be my guest, follow the law.

ummm... its your book dude. Jesus also teaches that you keep the law.
Instead you follow Pauls teachings that you dont need the law.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

So, who needs Paul?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Instead you follow Pauls teachings that you dont need the law.

I'd like to add God's law is beautiful and a lovely thing. It's the only right thing to do. It's easy to do by those who can appreciate it

I have to be blunt and direct. God's law as taught by Jesus is the only practice that allows sustainability of all life on this Planet and beyond (other worlds, stars, galaxies, etc).

The practice promotes existence of life (God's creations) to eternity with full of meaning and plants a seed to others to do the same. Perhaps why the reward is eternal life??

Apart from God's law is the lust of the flesh - the desire to get something beyond our needs, the love of ourselves too much. This one is not sustainable. This led to the fall of the angels, then the fall of man. Nature is in retreat and many species are getting extinct due to man's lust for the good things of this world. We are rapidly killing Nature.

I'm getting tired of many Christians justifying their pursuit of wealth because they think that is God's will for all of His children or they will use to help God's work. It's even an abomination they do this so unbelievers get attracted to their religion which is darn wrong.

How can you justify your lust leads to the destruction of God's creation? If you are getting materially blessed, then it should worry you more that either you're getting blessed by Satan or God is blessing you, fattening you for the slaughter!

Just ask any sane, unbiased mathematician, that lifestyles of 'wants' is unsustainable. One day we'll reach a tipping point. I'm not talking about global warming yet, just the availability of resources for now. Hopes and dreams for this world are soon to die.

Eternity and entrance into the heavenly realms is a big deal. So why would God even accept those who wants to be driving new cars all the time, takes long drives to their favorite spots, loves big guzzling hunk of metal, new houses, new gadgets, works hard to get all those things??

If God accepts them, God help Heaven!! We'll ruin heaven just as we did Earth!! Don't you tell me heaven is perfect, it's because God takes care of it, not us!

If you can't be trusted with Earthly thing, how much more heavenly things.

Law is good, law is beautiful, law promotes life for every creation for eternity. So why not keep it?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I'd like to add God's law is beautiful and a lovely thing. It's the only right thing to do. It's easy to do by those who can appreciate it

I'd like people to read Psalm 119. Throughout the psalm, the psalmist loves the law and strives to keep it.

Here are some excerpts...

Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the Lord.
Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—

I am a stranger on earth;
do not hide your commands from me.
My soul is consumed with longing
for your laws at all times.

You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed,
those who stray from your commands.

Your statutes are my delight;
they are my counselors.

Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.

47 for I delight in your commands
because I love them.
48 I reach out for your commands, which I love,
that I may meditate on your decrees.

I have considered my ways
and have turned my steps to your statutes.
60 I will hasten and not delay
to obey your commands.

Read the full psalm here
www.biblegateway.com...

This is one of the many instances in the bible that teaches that keeping the law is equated with righteousness.
edit on 20-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Have you ever failed a single point of the law? Secondly, can you show where Gentiles were ever a party to the Mosaic Covenant in Exodus 20?

edit on 20-8-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Have you ever failed a single point of the law?

Yes. I have. Have you?

Secondly, can you show where Gentiles were every a party to the Mosaic Covenant in Exodus 20?

Can you show me where God, his prophets or Jesus ever spoke of the Mosaic covenant being applied to gentiles???
Why did Jesus instruct his followers to avoid gentile towns?

edit on 20-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join